I say more or less goodbye

1 view

adrian15

Jun 1, 2009, 1:51:04 PM6/1/09
to mist...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mistelix mailing list,

Summary
-------
* Bugs Summary
* Mistelix overall impression
* Mistelix's adrian15 future bug reports
* Final words

* Bugs Summary
===============
The bugs that I have been reporting are part of one of my university
subject's homework.

I have tried to find 25 bugs per week and I have found 95 over 4 weeks.
That's ok.

If we filter the bugs we get:

Trivial: 33
Enhacement: 22
Minor: 27
Normal: 11
Major: 2

After all these bugs there are only two major bugs, Mistelix is not as
bad as one would have thought. ;)

11 of these bugs have been already fixed. Thanks jmas!

Here there are my bugs:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=mistelix&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=adrian15sgd%40gmail.com&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

* Mistelix overall impression
=============================

Mistelix is kind of a beta program, we know it, but at least you can
generate some slideshows, you do not know where they are ;) (already
reported as a bug) but you can generate it. That's a good point.

I do not know if if it is because of debug set but I found mistelix
slideshow preview upsetting. (15 seconds for a 5 seconds slideshow)
(already reported as a bug).

I also found some lexicus little problems. You know calling an option
with a given name in one part of the program and calling the same option
with another name in another option. These problems do not affect
functionality but sometimes makes the users to become crazy.

One of the major problems of Mistelix in my opinnion is the number tab
on the Add Slideshow dialog. I would remove it.
However it might become useful with a new feature request: You can
select #35 image and right click, move to a given position, you write 4,
and the #35 image goes between previous #3 and #4 images. (I have not
submitted this feature request to bug tracker but if Jordi Mas is not
thinking to remove numbers tab please add it).

I finally have a kind of feature request that I am not going to submit
to the bug tracker because I find it quite fantastic.
Right click on a Slideshow and I can export it to a odp (Open Document
Presentation) file. Is that possible Jmas?!
How would you deal with transition seconds and effects?

* Mistelix's adrian15 future bug reports
We all know that Mistelix needs more bug reports because it is an early
stage of development. For example, slideshows are not actual slideshows
but abstract slideshows. Let me explain it. What I mean is that every
time you click on the Generate project option the images are processed
from their original location.

People might save their slideshows mistelix projects, delete the
original photos/images and then find that they can no longer generate
the slideshows!

Well, as long as it is more or less easy to me to test Mistelix I am
going to ==verify== if all ==my== bugs that jmas sets as fixed to check
if they are actual fixed ones.

* Final words
two months more.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/index.php?pid=10