Save the Date -- Missing Link Spring Challenge May 6-8 Glacial Lakes State Park

David William Bitner

Mar 13, 2022, 2:12:18 PM3/13/22
to Missing Link Running Club
Hey Everyone,

We'll be doing the Missing Link Running Club Spring Challenge again this year at Glacial Lakes State Park (this is the state park a couple hours away, not the big national park :-) ) Friday May 6th - Sunday May 8th.

We have the large group campsite reserved that has a large picnic shelter with a fire ring should the weather be a bit cooler than the 90 degrees of last year.

If you haven't been to one of the challenges, we have a group campsite reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. On Saturday, we will set up an ultramarathon style aid station all day for folks to do whatever adventure they are feeling. Last year we had some folks who were mostly hanging around the campsite, some taking their pups on some good hikes, some hopping on their bikes, and some putting in ultramarathon runs. There is no designated course and everyone is welcome - this is *NOT* just for people who are running or putting big miles in. There are several miles of trails through the rolling prairies in the park and the park also connects to a large bike path.

Camping gear is on your own (although, if you don't have camping gear, I can probably help you find whatever you need). Folks will be on their own for dinner on Friday night. We'll cook up some pancakes Saturday and Sunday morning and right now the plan is to get a portable pizza oven to cook up some 'zas on Saturday night. All day Saturday, we will have an ultramarathon style aid station set up in the picnic shelter.

We will have a limit of 50 people this year. Kids are welcome, but we will need to have them register as well as the 50 person limit is the total limit for the campsite. I'll get a registration link set up later this week. Feel free to invite other folks, this is not limited to folks who regularly run with the club.

For anyone who is not on the main Missing Link Running mailing list, if you are looking for some group runs, we have started up again this year. We are meeting Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm and Saturday morning at 9am. You can join the mailing list or follow the calendar to get more detailed information about where we are meeting and what we are doing.

I hope to see you all soon!

Bitner

David William Bitner

Mar 27, 2022, 7:05:24 PM3/27/22
to Missing Link Running Club
Hey Everyone,

It took me a bit, but registration is now up for the Spring Challenge! We had a successful  test run of the portable pizza oven, and I'm excited for the post-run pizzas on Saturday night of the challenge!

If you are planning on coming, please sign up soon. After this week, I'm planning on sharing the link out further beyond current club members.

If price is a concern for any reason, please reach out to me, if you want to be there, I want you there!

Hope to see lots of you out there!

-bit