Upcoming runs

David William Bitner

Apr 18, 2022, 10:25:57 AM4/18/22
to Missing Link Running Club
Hey all,

We'll continue meeting Mondays and Wednesdays at Glenwood and Xerxes at 6. As always, you can keep an eye on the calendar for any changes / updates. In May we will begin to head down to Hyland for some of our Wednesday workouts, but Mondays will stay at Wirth.

Over the next two weeks, we will continue with our block where we are doing primarily very short intervals with relatively quite a bit of recovery on Mondays and uphill focused running on Wednesdays. After that, we will shifting to a bit longer runs (4-8 minute intervals) at a bit lower intensity while keeping the recovery time the same. On Wednesdays, we will start to pull in some more strength work and dedicated power hiking into our intervals.

Over the summer, we will continue to work in blocks of 6 weeks or so where we will focus on similar distance/effort levels throughout that block. By shifting the focus of these blocks, we are able to keep our bodies from getting "complacent" with one type of workout.

-bit