Theodore Wirth Recon

blai...@comcast.net

Mar 26, 2022, 5:43:13 PM3/26/22
to Missing Link Running Club

Got on most of the Wirth Trails today-big loop starting and ending at the Trailhead.  Here is the summary:

Trails next to Humane Society in very good shape.

Trail going along Jar Hill very good.

Quaking Bog had some mud at the north end (where there always seem to be mud) and the big trail going along the 394 sound barrier had crusty snow and mud, but was easily avoided.

Brownie Lake and good shape-could certainly use for intervals.

Trails around Cedar Lake are good.

Did not go into Butler, but looked muddy from a distance.

Dead Dog a little soft end muddy, but OK.

Area 45 way too muddy-not safe.

Did not look at Conundrum, but I bet it is pretty muddy.

Luce Line going west is blocked from all the manufactured snow.

If you go I recommend Bog, Brownie and Cedar Lake trails.

Hope to see everyone soon,

Blair