Spring Challenge Details

David William Bitner

May 2, 2022, 9:46:19 AM5/2/22
to Missing Link Running Club
Hey all,

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you at the Spring Challenge! We still have plenty of room if there's anyone else able to come join us! The weather forecast is looking absolutely spectacular! Sunny with highs in the mid 60's!

It would be great if folks could take a Covid test before coming out. If you are sick or have had direct recent exposure, I'd appreciate it if you stayed home.

Details:

We will be in the group campsite at Glacial Lakes State Park. Just follow the signs in the park to the group campsite, this will be to the left after you go in the park, not towards the main campground - there may be a sign on the drive going to the campsite that says "do not enter - only registered campers" or similar on the driveway - you can go through.

We have the site starting around 4p on Friday and I'll try to get there sometime around then. Once you are at the parking lot for the group campsite, there is a large pavilion on your right and you can set up camp anywhere in that open area all around the parking lot.

There are two outhouses at the campsite. There is no running water at the campsite, but there is a spigot across from the ranger station at the entrance when you come into the park. There are showers in the main campground that you need to pay separately for at the ranger station. The little beach at the lake is just a very short walk from our site. There are electric outlets in the pavilion.

Make sure to bring what you need for camping (sleeping bag, tent, pad). If anyone needs help finding camping equipment, let me know this week, we have extra equipment we can bring with if needed.

Please bring your own eating utensils and plate/bowl/mugs etc.

We will have our campstove that anyone is welcome to use.

Food - this is what we will be providing, feel free to bring anything else that would make you happy:
Friday night -- on your own!

Saturday and Sunday, we'll make up a bunch of pancakes.

Saturday will have aid station fare available all day for grazing similar to what we had last year or what you would find at a typical ultramarathon aid station.

Saturday night -- Pizza! We'll have the wood fired oven going. We'll have everything necessary, but if there are any special toppings that you'd enjoy, feel free to add to the fun.

Saturday activities - there is no schedule as to when to start/finish. If folks need help figuring out where they should go, we can look over the maps when we are up there. My plan is to get up pre-dawn to go for a pre-sunrise run out in the prairie on Saturday before coming back to cook up pancakes if there are any early-birds out there.

Sunday will be pretty much breakfast and then we'll pack up and head out. I believe we need to leave the site by 11a.

As always let me know if you have any questions!

-bit