Sharing XBMC script, Python library and PHP proof of concept

Mathieu Feulvarch

May 12, 2011, 3:05:30 AM5/12/11
to misoapi
Hello all,

I want to share with you 3 projects I have been working on recently,
in case it can help you:
-Gomiso for XBMC: https://github.com/metabaron/Gomiso-XBMC
-Python library for interacting with Gomiso: https://github.com/metabaron/Gomiso-Python
-PHP with oAuth authentification for displaying information and stats
about last movies and series watched by authenticated user:
https://github.com/metabaron/Gomiso-Stats-PHP

Hope you will like. Feel free to comment

Nathan Esquenazi

May 12, 2011, 3:59:56 AM5/12/11
to mis...@googlegroups.com
These all look awesome Mathieu! Thanks so much for creating and sharing these projects on our Platform. It is so exciting to see the cool things other have developed using the Miso APIs we have been working hard on to build. Thanks again and let me know if there's anything else you need from us or if you have any more feedback.

Mathieu Feulvarch

May 13, 2011, 3:12:57 AM5/13/11
to misoapi
First, glad to hear you like it (think about me when voting for the
iPad2 contest ;) ) as I made my best on Python without knowing the
language and my best at PHP without database and with so little time.

Regarding the API, I think I sent enough emails to your team about
things I encountered while developing and shared with them my views on
API and the answers sent back by your API that I found "not natural,
and the 2 days I lost trying to mimic oAuth on Python without the need
for a library that never worked (seems like the bug was fixed like 4-5
days ago) and... and... that I think repeating myself here would not
really be something interesting for everybody (but ask Justin if you
want my email to go for an off the forum ideas sharing).

The only interesting thing to say would be: the last project have to
be internal thing ... I did it with no database in mind and in the
code so that you can copy it without too much trouble (do not hesitate
to ask). This is a feature that lot of clients want or need and this
is like the missing thing I was expecting when moving from Google Doc
to Gomiso...
Also, when you update API, please post something in blog and maybe
also here detailing the modifications / bug fixes/ etc. Would make
dev.'s life so much easier...

Mathieu