{"error":"That check-in is either a duplicate or invalid"}

vaibhav mishra

May 18, 2011, 7:51:24 PM5/18/11
to mis...@googlegroups.com
I am getting this on API call for checkin, I am not sure what causing it, I had several checkins and suddenly this start to appear out of nowhere without any change in code, could you suggest what might be causing this error, I had almost 8 checkins within 10 minutes so there might be some automated system kicking in banning a user, can you respond as soon as possible

vaibhav mishra

May 19, 2011, 12:37:50 AM5/19/11
to mis...@googlegroups.com
don't take that as soon as possible literally, take your time, btw , I am loving your API

vaibhav mishra

May 19, 2011, 4:21:26 AM5/19/11
to mis...@googlegroups.com
seems to be a momentary problem , it's now working fine.

justinvt

May 19, 2011, 8:19:00 AM5/19/11
to misoapi
We do rate limit checkins to prevent spam and general clutter on Miso,
and I suspect that this is what caused your error. In theory,
"checking in" to media is a loose indication that a user is currently
watching a TV show or movie, has watched it recently, or plans on
watching it in the offing. As a consequence, we make the assumption
that a certain number of checkins within a given period of time could
not possibly be representative of any legitimate viewing behaviors, so
we invalidate subsequent checkins until a certain amount of time has
passed. I'm sure this might be somewhat restrictive during
development, but we don't currently have a "sandbox" environment set
up, so it's a necessary evil for the time being.

Anyway, I hope this answers your question, but feel free to post again
if not. We're so happy that you're enjoying the API; we're eager to
hear whatever feedback, comments, and questions you come up with as
you continue to work with it.

jus...@gomiso.com