How to add a comment in recent checkin

vaibhav

May 15, 2011, 9:20:30 PM5/15/11
to misoapi
I checked through API and there are only three post request, none of
which attributes to commenting on a checkin, Android app have this
functionality which suggests that it is in the API, can you make add
it to the endpoints

Mathieu Feulvarch

May 17, 2011, 8:37:52 PM5/17/11
to misoapi
In "create a checkin" from the API Endpoint page, I see:
=====>>>>comment The attached message for this checkin. This is a
great episode if you're a scrimshaw nut.
facebook Determines if the checkin should be posted to facebook. If
this parameter is not specified, behavior defaults to the user's
defaults. true
twitter Determines if the checkin should be posted to twitter. If
this parameter is not specified, behavior defaults to the user's
defaults. false

Is'nt what you are looking for?

vaibhav

May 17, 2011, 8:54:14 PM5/17/11
to misoapi
no that is the attched message which comes as a body element in user's
activity feed,

I am looking for a way to add a comment to someone else's(or for that
matter my own) checkin
which can sometimes result in conversation and for me looks like a
very good for social engagement

also on a side note comments don't have timestamp in API response.

Nathan Esquenazi

May 19, 2011, 8:14:13 PM5/19/11
to misoapi
You are correct, one of the endpoints we are missing is creating a
comment and/or like on a feed item. This is forthcoming but doesn't
exist yet. We will announce here when it is added. Thanks.