The Freeman pdfs not found

Peter Sidor

Aug 12, 2012, 5:55:00 AM8/12/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
The Freeman documents linked from here and other pages cannot be found: https://mises.org/Literature/Author/1215

See e.g. here: https://mises.org/document/4698

David Veksler

Aug 13, 2012, 11:35:05 AM8/13/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
This is working for me now.  Does this only happen in Firefox?

Inline image 1

---
Regards,
David Veksler
+86 186 168 73407
image.png

B.K. Marcus

Aug 13, 2012, 11:41:49 AM8/13/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. It seems to work fine in Safari and Chrome. But in Firefox, it goes here:

--
B.K. Marcus
Managing Editor, Mises.org

David Veksler

Aug 13, 2012, 11:44:51 AM8/13/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com
There are two related issues:
  • The latest Firefox just added SPDY support, which I just enabled for Mises.org.  It seems that the SPDY support in Firefox is somehow buggy in that it redirects to HTTPS without the user asking it to.  It's also possible that the way CloudFlare implemented SPDY is buggy.  (Though that seems unlikely, since it's browser specific.)
  • Some parts of Mises.org do not support HTTPS, which causes 404s.
I think Firefox will be patched shortly, in the meantime, we have to disable SPDY.  I will continue to test periodically to see if it's fixed.

I will also work on adding HTTPS/SSL support to all Mises.org domains/sites.

---
Regards,
David Veksler
+86 186 168 73407

image.png

Nathan Larson

Oct 19, 2012, 8:19:34 PM10/19/12
to mise...@googlegroups.com, da...@rationalmind.net
You noted elsewhere, with reference to the issue of Mises Wiki (https://wiki.mises.org) redirecting in Firefox to the Circle Bastiat site, "The Firefox problem is caused by a bug in the way it implements SPDY.  I am hoping Firefox will fix it soon." Why do you suppose it would go to bastiat.mises.org? Could there be some sort of workaround we could use to get it to work? I took a look at the various .htaccess files and didn't see anything that seemed capable of causing that particular redirection.

David Veksler

Oct 20, 2012, 7:23:06 AM10/20/12
to Nathan Larson, mise...@googlegroups.com, da...@rationalmind.net
My guess was that SSL is not enabled for the wiki sub domain, so it goes to the default website which does have SSL enabled -the blog.  The bug is that Firefox automatically switches to SSL when SPDY is enabled for any domain.