Fwd: Comments+about+the+Mises.org+web+site (addthis hanging pages)

David Veksler

Jul 31, 2012, 1:16:46 PM7/31/12
to Mises.org Development

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Hampton <wolfra...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Subject: Comments+about+the+Mises.org+web+site
To: webm...@mises.org

Hi.
I am a webmaster for a few sites and a huge fan of Mises.org...  I wanted to make you aware of a problem I recently encountered with some of my sites that Mises.org is also experiencing.  The problem has to do with the fact that we both incorporated "plugin" code from Addthis.com.  On slower connections browsers hang while trying to contact "s7.addthis.com" domain.  It prevents the rest of the site from loading...  If you haven't experienced this issue, I can send you a screenshot of where this occured on one of my sites and where it is occuring on Mises.org.  To solve it I am removing the "addthis" code from my site and will recode my own social share buttons from scratch.  Thanks and hope this helps.

With Best Regard
Steve Hampton