Sindo: We are the top Sunday paper with the Irish nation

1 view

dubli...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2006, 12:20:57 PM3/5/06
to miscrandometc
We are the top Sunday paper with the Irish nation

Sunday March 5th 2006

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=36&si=1574777&issue_id=13767&printer=1

THE Sunday Independent has consolidated its share of the Quality Sunday
market and now accounts for 55 per cent of all Sunday broadsheets sold
every week.

In a highly competitive market, this represents a massive vote of
confidence from our readers and is testament to the Sunday
Independent's continuing commitment to quality journalism in News,
Business, Features, Sport and Property.

With 286,613 copies sold every week, the Sunday Independent is without
question Ireland's leading newspaper.

Ireland on Sunday suffered the most dramatic fall of all titles, losing
16,773 copies, or 12 per cent of its total circulation. The Sunday
World remained the dominant player in the tabloid market with 38 per
cent of all Sunday tabloid sales or 272,304 copies.

Other tabloids had mixed fortunes with The Star on Sunday and News Of
The World both recording increases while the Sunday Mirror and Sunday
People lost further ground and remain minor players.

The Sunday Tribune fell to 71,808 copies (13.9 per cent), while the
Sunday Business Post and the Sunday Times both recorded increases,
bringing the two newspapers to 51,500 copies (10.0 per cent) and
107,559 copies respectively (20.8 per cent).

© Irish Independent http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/ &
http://www.unison.ie/