I can edit & print

CDGertrude

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

I can edit & print your work. Email me for details
cdg...@ripco.com

William S. Lovell

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97
I can edit & print my work, too. Email me for details.
cer...@europa.com

Bill (gimme a break!) Lovell

The Last Real Marlboro Man

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 00:45:19 -0700, "William S. Lovell"
<cer...@europa.com> wrote:

>CDGertrude wrote:
>>
>> I can edit & print your work. Email me for details
>> cdg...@ripco.com
>>
>> --
>I can edit & print my work, too. Email me for details.
>cer...@europa.com

I can edit & print your work *and* my work! Hah! Details, details.
wl...@lutzbooks.com

Tonya Harding

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Now that one I like! (People who wander in to misc.writing often
don't suspect what they're letting themselves in for.)

Bill (hey, I know when I've been one-upped) Lovell

Paul Harwood

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:00:11 -0700, Tonya Harding said in
misc.writing:

Bill -- I'll be happy to edit and print that post for you. E-mail me
for details.

Paul

The secret of good life is to have the right loyalties and to hold them
in the right scale of values. - Norman Thomas

John A.

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

The heck you can! You're not getting anywhere near my work!

John (hey, I had to take this in a new direction, youse guys had already
scammed all the good lines) Atchley

Support Jayne Hitchcock!
<http://www.johnatchley.com> home of...
John Atchley Consulting(tm) -- the Internet
on a silver platter
JacPress Publishing(tm) -- tiny, but real
The Guitar Shielding and Wiring Page

Bill Price

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

In article <335c8b14...@library.airnews.net>,

wl...@earthlink.net (The Last Real Marlboro Man) wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 00:45:19 -0700, "William S. Lovell"
><cer...@europa.com> wrote:
>
>>CDGertrude wrote:
>>>
>>> I can edit & print your work. Email me for details
>>> cdg...@ripco.com
>>>
>>> --
>>I can edit & print my work, too. Email me for details.
>>cer...@europa.com
>>
>I can edit & print your work *and* my work! Hah! Details, details.
>wl...@lutzbooks.com

I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and
I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.

-bp

John A.

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Hey guys! Did you notice the domain in the email address?
I thought it had to be a joke. Visited www.ripco.com -- Ripco is actually
the name of a Chicago based ISP. Wonder how good/expensive their
service is? Wonder if they actively support spammers?

John (duhh, I think I'll name my company "Ripco," nobuddy be smaret
enough to make the connekshun) Atchley

William S. Lovell

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Paul Harwood wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:00:11 -0700, Tonya Harding said in
> misc.writing:
>
> >The Last Real Marlboro Man wrote:

> >> I can edit & print your work *and* my work! Hah! Details, details.
> >> wl...@lutzbooks.com
> >

> >Now that one I like! (People who wander in to misc.writing often
> >don't suspect what they're letting themselves in for.)
> >
> >Bill (hey, I know when I've been one-upped) Lovell
>
> Bill -- I'll be happy to edit and print that post for you. E-mail me
> for details.
>
> Paul

Touche again!

Bill

Dick Harper

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Wayne eloquently challenged the experts in misc.writing

> I can edit & print your work *and* my work! Hah! Details, details.

Hah indeed! I have not only edited and printed my own work, I
recently finished compiling, editing, and printing the complete
pseudo-autobiographical love story of JummySie and the Lovely Rita
(also known as Ursula) -- soon to be a major motion picture thanks to
the stunning efforts of the Woodside/Universal Creative Artists
Combined Agency -- and have convinced MK to print the entire contents
of the Wood-side Memorial Library in Flushing.

Dick (pbbbbt) Harper
details at literar...@cyberpromo.com

Paul Harwood

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:04:53 GMT, Dick Harper said in misc.writing:

Could you e-mail me the details?

The Last Real Marlboro Man

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:46:14 GMT, Pa...@computerbits.com (Paul
Harwood) wrote:

>Could you e-mail me the details?

I can edit and print your details, but I e-mailed my work to Bill
Quick.

- Wayne

W. T. Quick

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

And I am working my tail to de bone trying to order a case of frozen
White Castle Sliders. As for Wayne, will 'e mail for work?

The Judge

W. T. Quick

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

On Tue, 22 Apr 97 03:04:42 GMT, a...@peavine.com (Jensen) wrote:

>In article <5jh6te$g...@news1.mnsinc.com>, wpr...@mnsinc.com (Bill Price) wrote:
>

>>In article <335c8b14...@library.airnews.net>,

>> wl...@earthlink.net (The Last Real Marlboro Man) wrote:

>>>I can edit & print your work *and* my work! Hah! Details, details.

>>>wl...@lutzbooks.com
>>
>>I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and
>>I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.
>>

>I can name that tune in four notes.

Uh huh. How does it go? Tooter, tooter, tooter, tooter...

The Judge

(Beans and prunes, they make you stooter...)

Message has been deleted

Hound of Cullen

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <5jh6te$g...@news1.mnsinc.com>, wpr...@mnsinc.com (Bill Price) wrote:

[trimmies]

:I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and

:I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.

Well! That's all well and good, but _I have the bathroom door key. Eat all
the Sliders you want, eventually, you'll come begging to me.

Hound

--
Scorn and defiance; slight regard, contempt,
And any thing that may not misbecome

Support the Jayne Hitchcock HELP Fund:
http://www.geocities.com/~hitchcockc/story.html#fund

Man Friday

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <5jh6te$g...@news1.mnsinc.com>, Bill Price <wpr...@mnsinc.com>
wroted:

>I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and
>I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.

Culture clash! Is a White Castle Slider any relation to the Brighton
Sea-front Slider (aka Mersey Turtle, aka Blackpool Pebble)?

The slidy ones are the worst by far, especially if you're wearing
sandals (even worse if you're not).
----------------------------
Paul Friday
I edited this myself, but I won't print it.

Anna Banana

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Bill Price wrote:
: wroted:

: >I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and
: >I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.

Paul Friday noted:

:
: The slidy ones are the worst by far, especially if you're wearing
: sandals (even worse if you're not).

Is a Brighton Sea-front Slider a stretch of slippery sand?

Why do I get the feeling you're talking about something
very unpleasant?

Anna
A Meresy Turtle: this can't be good.

William S. Lovell

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

The Last Real Marlboro Man wrote:

> >> Bill -- I'll be happy to edit and print that post for you. E-mail me
> >> for details.
>
> >Touche again!
>
> I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.

And I can edit that (Touche') with appropriate typeface. I thought about
doing that, but since it's an erroneous substitute for an emphasis mark,
I didn't. I strive for 100% accuracy at all times.

Bill (don't never meke mistakes) Lovell

> - Wayne ("I can edit & print" - Voted MW's most nonsensical thread)
> (How long do you think we can keep this up?)

Eric Eales

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Anna Banana asked:

> Is a Brighton Sea-front Slider a stretch of slippery sand?
>
> Why do I get the feeling you're talking about something
> very unpleasant?

If you try to slide across a stretch of Brighton Beach you are likely to
get something very unpleasant happen to you.

Eric (It'll be sand with a few billion more years of erosion) Eales

* My brother bought a share in a quarter horse. It's name had "Ace" in it *
* but I called it Dobbin. Visit Kelowna Days http://www.cnx.net/~eae
*
*

Dorothy J Heydt

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <SRdS7QAP...@devce.demon.co.uk>,
Man Friday <Man.F...@devce.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.

>Culture clash! ...

Absolutely. So here's Dorothy again asking a question that will
have everybody screaming "You don't know *THAT*??" again:

White Castle is a hamburger chain, I think? (they don't have 'em
around here). What is a Slider? Is it a hamburger with too much
mayonnaise on it? Maybe too many and too juicy tomatoes? I only
ask because I want to know....

Dorothy J. Heydt
Albany, California
djheydt@uclink
(still here for the moment....)

Stan (the Man)

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Anna Banana wrote:

> Bill Price wrote:
> : wroted:
> : >I can edit & print your work, his work, my work, *and* Wayne's work, and
> : >I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.
>
> Paul Friday noted:
> : Culture clash! Is a White Castle Slider any relation to the Brighton
> : Sea-front Slider (aka Mersey Turtle, aka Blackpool Pebble)?
> :
> : The slidy ones are the worst by far, especially if you're wearing
> : sandals (even worse if you're not).
>
> Is a Brighton Sea-front Slider a stretch of slippery sand?
>
> Why do I get the feeling you're talking about something
> very unpleasant?
>
> Anna
> A Meresy Turtle: this can't be good.

Perhaps I can clear this up by advising you of the other names for White
Castle Hamburgers..."Belly Bombs" and "Rectum Rockets" Does that help?
--
Stan (need I say more?)

Dick Harper

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Paul Harwood eloquently queried about de-rita-tails in misc.writing

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of
agent's wisdom, it was the age of writer's foolishness, it was the
epoch of wannabe belief, it was the epoch of Hitchcockian incredulity,
it was the season of klieg Light, it was the season of usenet
Darkness, it was the spring of hope for only $75, it was the winter of
despair awaiting the mail, we had everything before us, we had nothing
before us in this the tail from three cities.

There were a king with large jaw and a queen with a plain face on the
throne of Flushing; there were a king with large jaw and a queen with
a fair face on the throne of Marco; there were a king with large jaw
and a queen with an unknown face on the throne of George. There were
Queen Ursula flush with psychotheroptic victory over Kurt and Jack,
but worried by the side of the wood; there were Rita, the lovely Rita,
marked for life by an accented dastardly islander; there were Queen
Susan whose tail has yet to be uncovered but who is rumored to have
some knowledge of the lake of one of Mr. Foreman's sons. There were
hundreds of limitless new imaginative fantasies going forth by
messenger daily; there were returning mail coaches brimming with
beseeching letters; there were even poems. In all three city states
it was clearer than crystal to the lords of the State, preservers of
manuscripts and fishes, that things in general were settled forever.

[Time passes]

Attorney John, left alone in the darkness, dismounted meanwhile.
"After that gallop from Temple Bar, old lady, I won't trust your
fore-legs until I get you on the level," said this hoarse messenger,
glancing at his mare. "'Come play at Fungirl dot com.' That's a
Blazing strange message. Much of that wouldn't do for you, John!
you'd be in a Blazing bad way if this fungirl dot com play was to come
into fashion, John!"

[Time passes]

I see that manuscript which lay upon the lovely Rita's bosom and which
bore my name, a tale winning its way up in that path of life which was
once mine. I see it winning it so well that my name is there made
illustrious by its light. I see the blots thrown by the king with the
large face faded away. I see him, the least of all spam kings, lesser
than Carter and Siegel, lower even than Stanford and Yuri, perishing
by this retributive instrument before it shall cease out of its
present use. I see the kingdoms by the side of the Wood, by the
Island of Marco and by the Lake of George flushed to a perpetual
disconnectedness in the cold ice of the Kingdom of Nanau, and I hear
my tale begin:

"It was a dark and stormy night as the Fokker biplane dove on the
Kingdom of Spam..."

--Dick

Anna Banana

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Stan wrote:
: Perhaps I can clear this up by advising you of the other names for White

: Castle Hamburgers..."Belly Bombs" and "Rectum Rockets" Does that help?
: --
: Stan (need I say more?)

Thanks. Nope, you don't. I supected this but didn't
want to assume poop where there was no poop.

Anna
Rectum Rockets... I think I'll stop asking now.

Eric Duncan

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

When I was onboard a U.S. Navy ship, a slider was a hamburger fried on a
huge grill. In rough seas, the ship would rock back and forth, and the
burgers would slide back and forth...hence the name.

W. T. Quick

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 02:33:32 GMT, wl...@earthlink.net (The Last Real
Marlboro Man) wrote:

> I would like to think
>that you would rather have a big 'ol block of scrapple

Erm, scrapple? The last word on scrapple was intoned by the butler in
the incredilbly funny novel, _Take It Easy - But Take It_, thusly:

"Scrapple? It was invented by Philadelphians as a revenge on the rest
of the world. You've never actually seen anybody here *eat* it, have
you?"

The Judge

(Just one more thing you don't want to watch being made...)

Jacques E. Bouchard

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

The Last Real Marlboro Man wrote:

> >> Bill -- I'll be happy to edit and print that post for you. E-mail me
> >> for details.
>
> >Touche again!
>
> I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.
>
> - Wayne ("I can edit & print" - Voted MW's most nonsensical thread)
> (How long do you think we can keep this up?)

I can detail your post, touch Paul, and e-mail Edith. All while
belching the national anthem (pick a country).

Jaybee

The Last Real Marlboro Man

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 03:34:20 GMT, ice...@slip.net (W. T. Quick)
wrote:

>And I am working my tail to de bone trying to order a case of frozen
>White Castle Sliders. As for Wayne, will 'e mail for work?

I won't mail for work, but I'll work for sliders. An' do you wanna
know what? Do you? I will mail you some sliders, if that is what you
really really want.

Howsoever, to do so would cut me to the Quick. Do you wanna know why?
Do you?

Because if I am gonna mail you Philly Phood, I would like to think
that you would rather have a big 'ol block of scrapple, or some
cornmeal mush, or a Philly cheesesteak, or a Lee's Hoagie, or maybe a
yum-good-lick-em-up Shoo Fly Pie.

Well? What'll it be?

- Wayne

The Last Real Marlboro Man

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Hound of Cullen

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In article <5jje27$c0j$1...@agate.berkeley.edu>, djh...@uclink.berkeley.edu
(Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

:In article <SRdS7QAP...@devce.demon.co.uk>,
:Man Friday <Man.F...@devce.demon.co.uk> wrote:
:
:>>I can eat more White Castle Sliders than all of you together.
:
:>Culture clash! ...

:
:Absolutely. So here's Dorothy again asking a question that will
:have everybody screaming "You don't know *THAT*??" again:

:
:White Castle is a hamburger chain, I think? (they don't have 'em

:around here). What is a Slider? Is it a hamburger with too much
:mayonnaise on it? Maybe too many and too juicy tomatoes? I only
:ask because I want to know....

Dorothy is mostly right. "Sliders" are white castle hamburgers. You can
only get them one way (none of this namby-pamby "special sauce" garbage).
They are called "sliders" because of the interesting results they have on
your lower intestinal tract. Once you've eaten them, you'll never forget
it.

So, to those in the know, "Sliders" and "White Castles" are synonymous.

Hound

--
Scorn and defiance; slight regard, contempt,
And any thing that may not misbecome
The mighty sender, doth he prize you at.
(Shakespeare, _Henry V_)

Support the Jayne Hitchcock HELP Fund:
http://www.geocities.com/~hitchcockc/story.html#fund

Clwblues9

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In article <335D96...@globetrotter.qc.ca>, "Jacques E. Bouchard"
<jay...@globetrotter.qc.ca> writes:

>The Last Real Marlboro Man wrote:
>>

> I can detail your post, touch Paul, and e-mail Edith. All while
>belching the national anthem (pick a country).
>

>Jaybee

I can edit my, no. . . I can write your. . . . no, that's not it either.
What was the question? I need details.

Susan

Pat Marcello

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Kurt Ullman <kurtu...@sprintmail.com> wrote in article
<5jl3vq$l...@newsfep2.sprintmail.com>...
> Perhaps we need to find a place to hold a Major League MMW
> Get-Together and Pitch In. Everyone could bring their locality's best
known
> food (I got dibs on the Sliders). The Host would be responsible for
arranging
> for the tanker truck of Pepto Bismol.
>
> Kurt (Is this Julia Child-abuse??) Ullman

LOL, Kurt.

Okay, I'll bring boilermakers (a full shot glass of whiskey dropped into a
mug of beer) and perogies.
--
Pat M. Please believe me--I don't drink one, nor eat the other. It
doesn't have to be something we actually *like does it?

Kurt Ullman

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

(Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

>White Castle is a hamburger chain, I think? (they don't have 'em
>around here). What is a Slider? Is it a hamburger with too much
>mayonnaise on it? Maybe too many and too juicy tomatoes? I only
>ask because I want to know....

A Slider is delicasy (and that ain't even close to spelled right, but
I don't have a spellchecher or the desire to look it up). It is a STEAM
grilled smalll hamburger grilled on a bed of onions. It is GREAT...

"People everywhere confuse what they read in the newspapers with news."
-A.J. Liebling

Kurt Ullman

Paul Harwood

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

rbha...@together.net (Dick Harper) wrote:

>It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Dick -- as you can see, I've edited that bit of work for you. Please
stop e-mailing me details.

Thanks.

Paul Harwood

W. T. Quick

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

On Wed, 23 Apr 97 21:26:41 GMT, kurtu...@sprintmail.com (Kurt
Ullman) wrote:

> Well heck.. I AM a Boilermaker (Purdue Alum...the school not the
>chicken maker) and my next door neighbor has us over for perogies a couple
>times a summer. I am SO there(g).

There isn't much to do in Lafayette in the summer.

The Judge

(Or in the winter, either...)

Kurt Ullman

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In article <01bc4ff5$53043de0$20b5...@stargate.sgi.net>, "Pat Marcello"
<pa...@sgi.net> wrote:

>Okay, I'll bring boilermakers (a full shot glass of whiskey dropped into a
>mug of beer) and perogies.

Well heck.. I AM a Boilermaker (Purdue Alum...the school not the

chicken maker) and my next door neighbor has us over for perogies a couple
times a summer. I am SO there(g).

Bill Price

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

In article <335d72ba...@library.airnews.net>,

wl...@earthlink.net (The Last Real Marlboro Man) wrote:

Hey Wayne! That's not Lee's at 19th & Cheltenham, is it? Does that
place still exist? Drooool!

Bill (it's where I had my first cheese steak) Price

ZeroEffort

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

>In article <01bc4ff5$53043de0$20b5...@stargate.sgi.net>, "Pat Marcello"
><pa...@sgi.net> wrote:

>>Okay, I'll bring boilermakers (a full shot glass of whiskey dropped
>>into a mug of beer) and perogies.

i think i saw that drink in a movie the other day....
"A River Runs Through It"
a great story weaved around flyfishing and
the understanding that some people are not necessarily
successful gamblers, but they can catch great fish

i don't think it was set in Pittsburg though...

I'll bring The Chicken Wings, Beef on Wecks and REAL Pizza,

-$Zero... You'lBeSureTolRecognizeMe... I'llBeTheOneInTheFetalPosition

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'

As of today, 4/24/97, I have lived 13,064 days.
(and i just realized that i forgot to celebrate my last milli-birthday)

Paul Harwood

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

a...@peavine.com (Jensen) wrote:

>>>Touche again!
>>
>>I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.
>>

>I'll see Paul's details (and enjoy it, I'm sure) and raise you a post.

Jen -- I'll e-mail you my details if you'll e-mail me yours.

E-mail me for details.

Paul "Details, details" Harwood

Paul Harwood

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

wl...@earthlink.net (The Last Real Marlboro Man) wrote:

>>> Bill -- I'll be happy to edit and print that post for you. E-mail me
>>> for details.

>>Touche again!

>I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.

>- Wayne ("I can edit & print" - Voted MW's most nonsensical thread)

>(How long do you think we can keep this up?)

I'll be happy to e-mail the details to you, if you'd like.

Dick Harper

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Wayne eloquently offered a menu in misc.writing

> Because if I am gonna mail you Philly Phood, I would like to think
> that you would rather have a big 'ol block of scrapple, or some
> cornmeal mush, or a Philly cheesesteak, or a Lee's Hoagie, or maybe a
> yum-good-lick-em-up Shoo Fly Pie.

86 the scrapple <<ycccccch>> but North Puffin requests a double order
of the rest :-)

William S. Lovell

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Paul Harwood wrote:

> >>I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.
> >>
> >I'll see Paul's details (and enjoy it, I'm sure) and raise you a post.
>
> Jen -- I'll e-mail you my details if you'll e-mail me yours.

Now, now. This is a family news group.

Bill Lovell

W. T. Quick

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

On Fri, 25 Apr 97 00:01:39 GMT, kurtu...@sprintmail.com (Kurt
Ullman) wrote:

>In article <33648de4...@news.slip.net>, ice...@slip.net (W. T. Quick)
>wrote:

>>On Wed, 23 Apr 97 21:26:41 GMT, kurtu...@sprintmail.com (Kurt
>>Ullman) wrote:
>

>>There isn't much to do in Lafayette in the summer.
>

> There is not that much to do in the Winter except sit around and place
>bets as to when Gene's come over is gonna flip.(g). Actually I got my PU
>degree from the Ft. Wayne campus. My REAL degree came from the jewel of the
>J-Schools-- IU at Bloomington.

Ah, well. That's *much* better. My post about the Rivet Heads was
merely my duty as a Hoosier 'lum.

The Judge

(Fort Wayne. Indiana's most graceful city. After Muncie, of
course...)

Kurt Ullman

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Apr 97 21:26:41 GMT, kurtu...@sprintmail.com (Kurt
>Ullman) wrote:

>There isn't much to do in Lafayette in the summer.

There is not that much to do in the Winter except sit around and place
bets as to when Gene's come over is gonna flip.(g). Actually I got my PU
degree from the Ft. Wayne campus. My REAL degree came from the jewel of the
J-Schools-- IU at Bloomington.

Jim Lewczyk

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

Kurt Ullman (kurtu...@sprintmail.com) wrote:
:
: There is not that much to do in the Winter except sit around and place
: bets as to when Gene's come over is gonna flip.(g). Actually I got my PU

You're kidding. You really sit around placing bets on the Gene pool?

Jim (sorry) Lewczyk
--
James Lewczyk, Software Engineer 1-970-223-5100 x9471
Symbios Logic, Inc At work: jim.l...@Symbios.com

David Wasser

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

In article <335e758e...@library.airnews.net> wl...@earthlink.net (The Last

Real Marlboro Man) writes:
>I'll edit that Touche (Touche') and e-mail you Paul's details.
>

>- Wayne ("I can edit & print" - Voted MW's most nonsensical thread)
>(How long do you think we can keep this up?)

I find that you m.w guys can keep it up a loooooong time, longer even than is
prudent. Good writers prolong the climax.

Liza (E-mail is in the details.)
---
David & Liza Wasser email: DW...@valhalla.rhein-main.de
"And these children that you spit on, As they try to change their worlds, Are
immune to your consultations. They're quite aware what they're going through."
David Bowie
***See our homepage: http://www.rhein-main.de/people/wasser/home.html***

Kurt Ullman

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

In article <336a29f0...@news.slip.net>, ice...@slip.net (W. T. Quick)
wrote:

>Ah, well. That's *much* better. My post about the Rivet Heads was

>merely my duty as a Hoosier 'lum.

I have always been somewhat schizoophrenic around the Oaken Bucket
game and then twice each (increasingly misnamed) Big Ten Basketball Season.
My Dad was a Boiler, my Mom a Hoosier, my Maternal Aunt was an IU Trustee my
Maternal Uncle was past Pres of the Alumni Association, my Paternal Uncle a
Prof in the B-school in Lafayette. I used to think I was the President at the
Army-Navy game...having to go from one side of the field to the other at half
time(g).

>(Fort Wayne. Indiana's most graceful city. After Muncie, of
>course...)

I miss FW having moved to Indy and my youngest is a Cardinal (and
trying her best to win the David Letterman Scholarship for C students).

Dick Harper

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

Hound eloquently barked in misc.writing

> [snip] "Sliders" are white castle hamburgers. You can

> only get them one way (none of this namby-pamby "special sauce" garbage).
> They are called "sliders" because of the interesting results they have on
> your lower intestinal tract. Once you've eaten them, you'll never forget

> it.

We always called 'em White Castle "Cramps" for exactly the same
reason.

--Dick

(Please note pleasantly I didn't dredge up the rectum rocket, jelly
belly, or belly bomb sobriquets)

Paul Harwood

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

>> >I'll see Paul's details (and enjoy it, I'm sure) and raise you a post.
>>
>> Jen -- I'll e-mail you my details if you'll e-mail me yours.
>>
>Now, now. This is a family news group.

Could be, but I hear God is in the details.

Paul "Or was that the devil?" Harwood

Janet H.

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Kurt Ullman wrote:

> I miss FW having moved to Indy and my youngest is a Cardinal (and trying her best to win the David Letterman Scholarship for C students).

Well, no self-respecting Ball State student would try to get A's in
their classes. Doing so would mean you are neglecting the more important
duties of socializing, partying, dating, etc. After all, what's more
important book learnin' or honing your social skills?

- Janet

W. T. Quick

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Ah, yes. The scintillating party-party-party world of Muncie,
Indiana. I remember it well.

Twenty thousand fun-seeking students in the heart of Delaware County,
where the corn grows high as an elephant's eye and the MacDonald's at
the end of Tillotson stays open till eleven on the weekends.

The high life indeed.

The Judge

(Are they still mourning the loss of Coach Majerus to that other Party
Center of the Universe, the University of Utah...?)

Glynne G. Barbier

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

W. T. Quick wrote:

> Ah, yes. The scintillating party-party-party world of Muncie,
> Indiana. I remember it well.

Actually, Bill, I have fond memories of Muncie, Indiana. I was young,
say around 10, and visited some step-relatives who lived there. They had
a huge house and lots of money. It was summertime and the livin' was
easy. Yes, it was...

> The high life indeed.

Glynne

Kurt Ullman

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

In article <336377...@worldnet.att.net>, "Janet H."
<J-Dh...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Well, no self-respecting Ball State student would try to get A's in
>their classes. Doing so would mean you are neglecting the more important
>duties of socializing, partying, dating, etc. After all, what's more
>important book learnin' or honing your social skills?

My kid would agree with you on this....although she is quickly
becoming an equal opportunity Party Animal having recently been to Wabash
College and Depaul (or is the DePau...whichever, the one in Indiana without
the good bball team(g), and currrently lapping up Little 5 weekend with her
Sister in Bloomington.

Gene Royer

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Glynne G. Barbier <gg...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<33637D...@ix.netcom.com>...

> Actually, Bill, I have fond memories of Muncie, Indiana. I was young,
> say around 10, and visited some step-relatives who lived there. They had
> a huge house and lots of money. It was summertime and the livin' was
> easy. Yes, it was...
>
> > The high life indeed.
>
> Glynne

Gene Wrote:

Funny you should mention Muncie. A friend, from whom I had not heard in a
long time, called me from there one night last week. He said he was doing
well. He wanted to sell me AmWay.

gene<I'll take one of those rubber gadgets and a couple of these bin-wah
things>royer

Jacques E. Bouchard

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Janet H. wrote:

> Kurt Ullman wrote:
>
> > I miss FW having moved to Indy and my youngest is a Cardinal (and trying her best to win the David Letterman Scholarship for C students).
> >
> Well, no self-respecting Ball State student would try to get A's in
> their classes. Doing so would mean you are neglecting the more important
> duties of socializing, partying, dating, etc. After all, what's more
> important book learnin' or honing your social skills?
>
> - Janet

Maybe my contact lenses slipped out of place, but I could swear you
wrote "horning their social skills". Now I see you meant. "honing", but
maybe that's the typo...

Jaybee

Jacques E. Bouchard

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

wrote "horning their social skills". Now I see you meant. "honinh", but

John A.

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

I say, was that "Gene Royer" <int...@worldnet.att.net> who wrote?

>Funny you should mention Muncie. A friend, from whom I had not heard in a
>long time, called me from there one night last week. He said he was doing
>well. He wanted to sell me AmWay.

Friend???

John (gee, I'm glad I don't have any) Atchley

Support Jayne Hitchcock!
<http://www.johnatchley.com> home of...
John Atchley Consulting(tm) -- the Internet
on a silver platter
JacPress Publishing(tm) -- tiny, but real
The Guitar Shielding and Wiring Page

Janet H.

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Kurt Ullman wrote:

> In article <336377...@worldnet.att.net>, "Janet H."
> <J-Dh...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Well, no self-respecting Ball State student would try to get A's in
> >their classes. Doing so would mean you are neglecting the more important
> >duties of socializing, partying, dating, etc. After all, what's more
> >important book learnin' or honing your social skills?
>
> My kid would agree with you on this....although she is quickly
> becoming an equal opportunity Party Animal having recently been to Wabash
> College and Depaul (or is the DePau...whichever, the one in Indiana without
> the good bball team(g), and currrently lapping up Little 5 weekend with her
> Sister in Bloomington.

Kurt,

It's DePauw - in Greencastle, IN. My sister went to school there, and
it's really no different from Ball State - it's just costs your parents
more money for you to party there.

Janet (BSU alum)

Janet H.

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

W. T. Quick wrote:

> Ah, yes. The scintillating party-party-party world of Muncie,
> Indiana. I remember it well.
>
> Twenty thousand fun-seeking students in the heart of Delaware County,
> where the corn grows high as an elephant's eye and the MacDonald's at
> the end of Tillotson stays open till eleven on the weekends.
>
> The high life indeed.
>
> The Judge
>
> (Are they still mourning the loss of Coach Majerus to that other Party
> Center of the Universe, the University of Utah...?)

Bill,

Honestly, I really enjoyed my time in Muncie - it is a nice little
middle-America town. I actually did some studying there, and wrote more
papers than I care to remember. The people were always very friendly
even though they must have really gotten sick of those mouthy little
college students.

Muncie seems to be one of those places that always gets a bad rap. My
sister only visited me at school one time, and would never come back
again. The day she came, it happened to be storming, and five minutes
after she arrived the electricity went out. I think she could have
handled that, but when she went to the bathroom and turned on the water,
it came out black (it just so happened that they were flushing out the
pipes for one reason or another). She stayed about 15 minutes and then
turned around and drove the two hours back to her school. That's all she
will ever remember about Muncie.

- Janet