Critique?

1 vue

Inferno

non lue,
22 mai 1999, 03:00:0022/05/1999
Does anyone know of a good place or person on the internet to critique
writing? Not places where you have to critique other peoples writing, in
order for yours to be critiqued please.

Please reply to this post, or e-mail me at ser...@webmail.co.za

Thanks

Susan

non lue,
22 mai 1999, 03:00:0022/05/1999
On Sat, 22 May 1999 17:54:15 +0200, Inferno mewed piteously:
^ Does anyone know of a good place or person on the internet to critique
^ writing? Not places where you have to critique other peoples writing, in
^ order for yours to be critiqued please.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want a favor from a stranger when
you weren't prepared to return it?

The group _Habitat for Humanity_, which helps people build their own houses,
has a requirement that, in order to qualify for a house, you have to help
*first* build several others. That way, you learn more about what goes into
a house as well as make yourself a bit less of a charity case.

*And*, practically speaking, I think I should -want- to critique someone
else's writing before I let them rip into mine. That way, I'd know their
style, skill level, etc.

In fact, if any misc.w'ers (or alt.writers) would like to exchange critiques,
I have a 2,200 word SF (not hard science, though) story I just finished.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours :-)

--

- Susan Hogarth

Paul Martin

non lue,
22 mai 1999, 03:00:0022/05/1999
à hog...@mindspring.com
Susan wrote:

> In fact, if any misc.w'ers (or alt.writers) would like to exchange critiques,
> I have a 2,200 word SF (not hard science, though) story I just finished.
> I'll show you mine if you show me yours :-)

Okay, you have a deal. I'll send you one of mine in a few minutes.

Paul

--
"A discussion is an exchange of knowledge, as opposed to an argument which is an
exchange of ignorance."

0 nouveau message