Christian evangelicals plotting to remake America in their own image

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Apr 14, 2005, 1:52:01 PM4/14/05
Christian evangelicals plotting to remake America in their own image

Forwarded message from gcas...@hinduvoice.net

[ Subject: Christian evangelicals are plotting to remake
America in their own image www.rollingstone.com
[ From: gcas...@hinduvoice.net
[ Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005

-From Imagin8r imag...@yahoo.com
-Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005

Courtesy - media_m...@yahoogroups.com

This does not make the headlines in India's ELM, but
"Hindooo fundamentalists" do. Murli

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/_/id/7235393?rnd=1113062695995&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.857

The Crusaders

Christian evangelicals are plotting to remake America in
their own image

By BOB MOSER

It's February, and 900 of America's staunchest Christian
fundamentalists have gathered in Fort Lauderdale to look
back on what they accomplished in last year's election --
and to plan what's next. As they assemble in the vast
sanctuary of Coral Ridge Presbyterian, with all fifty
state flags dangling from the rafters, three stadium-size
video screens flash the name of the conference:
reclaiming america for christ. These are the evangelical
activists behind the nation's most effective political
machine -- one that brought more than 4 million new
Christian voters to the polls last November, sending
George W. Bush back to the White House and thirty-two new
pro-lifers to Congress. But despite their unprecedented
power, fundamentalists still see themselves as a
persecuted minority, waging a holy war against the
godless forces of secularism. To rouse themselves, they
kick off the festivities with "Soldiers of the Cross,
Arise," the bloodthirstiest tune in all of Christendom:
"Seize your armor, gird it on/Now the battle will be
won/Soon, your enemies all slain/Crowns of glory you
shall gain."

Meet the Dominionists -- biblical literalists who believe
God has called them to take over the U.S. government. As
the far-right wing of the evangelical movement,
Dominionists are pressing an agenda that makes Newt
Gingrich's Contract With America look like the Communist
Manifesto. They want to rewrite schoolbooks to reflect a
Christian version of American history, pack the nation's
courts with judges who follow Old Testament law, post the
Ten Commandments in every courthouse and make it a felony
for gay men to have sex and women to have abortions. In
Florida, when the courts ordered Terri Schiavo's feeding
tube removed, it was the Dominionists who organized
round-the-clock protests and issued a fiery call for Gov.
Jeb Bush to defy the law and take Schiavo into state
custody. Their ultimate goal is to plant the seeds of a
"faith-based" government that will endure far longer than
Bush's presidency -- all the way until Jesus comes back.

"Most people hear them talk about a 'Christian nation'
and think, 'Well, that sounds like a good, moral thing,'
says the Rev. Mel White, who ghostwrote Jerry Falwell's
autobiography before breaking with the evangelical
movement. "What they don't know -- what even most
conservative Christians who voted for Bush don't know --
is that 'Christian nation' means something else entirely
to these Dominionist leaders. This movement is no more
about following the example of Christ than Bush's Clean
Water Act is about clean water."

The godfather of the Dominionists is D. James Kennedy,
the most influential evangelical you've never heard of. A
former Arthur Murray dance instructor, he launched his
Florida ministry in 1959, when most evangelicals still
followed Billy Graham's gospel of nonpartisan soul-
saving. Kennedy built Coral Ridge Ministries into a $37-
million-a-year empire, with a TV-and-radio audience of 3
million, by preaching that it was time to save America --
not soul by soul but election by election. After helping
found the Moral Majority in 1979, Kennedy became a five-
star general in the Christian army. Bush sought his
blessing before running for president -- and continues to
consult top Dominionists on matters of federal policy.

"Our job is to reclaim America for Christ, whatever the
cost," Kennedy says. "As the vice regents of God, we are
to exercise godly dominion and influence over our
neighborhoods, our schools, our government, our
literature and arts, our sports arenas, our entertainment
media, our news media, our scientific endeavors -- in
short, over every aspect and institution of human
society."

At Reclaiming America, most of the conference is taken up
by grassroots training sessions that supply ministers,
retirees and devout churchgoers with "The Facts of Stem-
Cell Research" or "Practical Steps to Impact Your
Community with America's Historical Judeo-Christian
Heritage." "We're going to turn you into an army of one,"
Gary Cass, executive director of Reclaiming America,
promises activists at one workshop held in Evangalism
Explosion Hall. The Dominionists also attend speeches by
supporters like Rep. Katherine Harris of Florida, who
urges them to "win back America for God." In their spare
time, conference-goers buy books about a God-devised
health program called the Maker's Diet or meet with a
financial adviser who offers a "biblically sound
investment plan."

To implement their sweeping agenda, the Dominionists are
working to remake the federal courts in God's image. In
their view, the Founding Fathers never intended to erect
a barrier between politics and religion. "The First
Amendment does not say there should be a separation of
church and state," declares Alan Sears, president and CEO
of the Alliance Defense Fund, a team of 750 attorneys
trained by the Dominionists to fight abortion and gay
marriage. Sears argues that the constitutional guarantee
against state-sponsored religion is actually designed to
"shield" the church from federal interference -- allowing
Christians to take their rightful place at the head of
the government. "We have a right, indeed an obligation,
to govern," says David Limbaugh, brother of Rush and
author of Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War
Against Christianity. Nothing gets the Dominionists to
their feet faster than ringing condemnations of judicial
tyranny. "Activist judges have systematically
deconstructed the Constitution," roars Rick Scarborough,
author of Mixing Church and State. "A God-free society is
their goal!"

Activist judges, of course, are precisely what the
Dominionists want. Their model is Roy Moore, the former
Alabama chief justice who installed a 5,300-pound granite
memorial to the Ten Commandments, complete with an open
Bible carved in its top, in the state judicial building.
At Reclaiming America, Roy's Rock sits out front, fresh
off a tour of twenty-one states, perched on the flag-
festooned flatbed of a diesel truck, a potent symbol of
the "faith-based" justice the Dominionists are bent on
imposing. Activists at the conference pose for
photographs beside the rock and have circulated a
petition urging President Bush to appoint Moore -- who
once penned an opinion calling for the state to execute
"practicing homosexuals" -- to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"The other side knows we've got strongholds in the
executive and legislative branches," Cass tells the
troops. "If we start winning the judiciary, their power
base is going to be eroded."

To pack the courts with fundamentalists like Moore,
Dominionist leaders are planning a massive media blitz.
They're also pressuring Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
-- an ally who's courting support for his presidential
bid -- to halt the long-standing use of filibusters to
hold up judicial nominations. An anti-filibuster petition
circulating at the conference blasts Democrats for their
"outrageous stonewalling of appointments" --even though
Congress has approved more nominees of Bush than of any
president since Jimmy Carter.

It helps that Dominionists have a direct line to the
White House: The Rev. Richard Land, top lobbyist for the
16-million-member Southern Baptist Convention, enjoys a
weekly conference call with top Bush advisers including
Karl Rove. "We've got the Holy Spirit's wind at our
backs!" Land declares in an arm-waving, red-faced speech.
He takes particular aim at the threat posed by John
Lennon, denouncing "Imagine" as a "secular anthem" that
envisions a future of "clone plantations, child
sacrifice, legalized polygamy and hard-core porn."

The Dominionists are also stepping up efforts to turn
public schools into forums for evangelism. In a landmark
case, the Alliance Defense Fund is suing a California
school district that threatened to dismiss a born-again
teacher who was evangelizing fifth-graders. In the
conference's opening ceremony, the Dominionists recite an
oath they dream of hearing in every classroom: "I pledge
allegiance to the Christian flag, and to the Savior for
whose kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen and
coming again, with life and liberty for all who believe."

Cass urges conference-goers to stack school boards with
Dominionists. "The most humble Christian is more
qualified for office than the best-educated pagan," says
Cass, an anti-abortion activist who led a takeover of his
school district's board in San Diego. "We built quite a
little grass-roots machine out there. Now it's my burden
to multiply that success all across America."

Cass points to the Rev. Gary Beeler, a Baptist minister
from Tennessee who got permission for thousands of
students to skip class and attend weeklong events that he
calls "old-time revivals, with preaching and singing and
soul-saving and the whole nine yards." Now, with support
from Kennedy, Beeler is selling his house and buying a
mobile home to spread his crusade nationwide. "It's not
exactly what I planned to do with my retirement," he
says. "But it's what God told me to do."

Cass also presents another small-town activist, Kevin
McCoy, with a Salt and Light Award for leading a
successful campaign to shut down an anti-bullying program
in West Virginia schools. McCoy, a soft-spoken,
prematurely gray postal worker, fought to end the program
because it taught tolerance for gay people -- and thus,
in his view, constituted a "thinly disguised effort to
promote the homosexual agenda." "What America needs,"
Cass tells the faithful, "is more Kevin McCoys."

While the dominionists rely on grass-roots activists to
fight their battles, they are backed by some of America's
richest entrepreneurs. Amway founder Rich DeVos, a
Kennedy ally who's the leading Republican contender for
governor of Michigan, has tossed more than $5 million
into the collection plate. Jean Case, wife of former AOL
chief Steve Case -- whose fortune was made largely on
sex-chat rooms -- has donated $8 million. And Tom
Monaghan, founder of Domino's Pizza, is a major source of
cash for Focus on the Family, a megaministry working with
Kennedy to eliminate all public schools.

The one-two punch of militant activists and big money has
helped make the Dominionists a force in Washington, where
a growing number of congressmen owe their elections to
the machine. Kennedy has also created the Center for
Christian Statesmanship, which trains elected officials
to "more effectively share their faith in the public
arena." Speaking to the group, House Majority Whip Tom
DeLay -- a winner of Kennedy's Distinguished Christian
Statesman Award -- called Bush's faith-based initiatives
"a great opportunity to bring God back into the public
institutions of our country."

The most vivid proof of the Christianizing of Capitol
Hill comes at the final session of Reclaiming America.
Rep. Walter Jones, a lanky congressman from North
Carolina, gives a fire-and-brimstone speech that would
have gotten him laughed out of Washington thirty years
ago. In today's climate, however, he's got a chance of
passing his pet project, the Houses of Worship Free
Speech Restoration Act, which would permit ministers to
endorse political candidates from their pulpits,
effectively converting their tax-exempt churches into
Republican campaign headquarters.

"America is under assault!" Jones thunders as his aides
dash around the sanctuary snapping PR photos. "Everyone
in America has the right to speak freely, except for
those standing in the pulpits of our churches!" The amen
chorus reaches a fever pitch. Hands fly heavenward. It's
one thing to hear such words from Dominionist leaders --
but to this crowd, there's nothing more thrilling than
getting the gospel from a U.S. congressman. "You cannot
have a strong nation that does not follow God," Jones
preaches, working up to a climactic, passionate plea for
a biblical republic. "God, please -- God, please -- God,
please -- save America!"

Also Visit

http://www.vandemataram.com

for all those wishing to discover more about Indian Culture, People, Religion and Vedic Wisdom!

End of forwarded message from gcas...@hinduvoice.net

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

The terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not so send
peace, but a sword.
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
- Matthew 10:34-36.

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Graham Kennedy

Apr 14, 2005, 3:47:38 PM4/14/05
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:

> Christian evangelicals plotting to remake America in their own image

Scary stuff - makes me glad to be across the pond
in merry old England.

Why does nobody in America seem to be opposing this?

--
Graham Kennedy

Creator and Author,
Daystrom Institute Technical Library
http://www.ditl.org

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Apr 14, 2005, 4:26:21 PM4/14/05
In article <uNz7e.67531$C12....@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Graham Kennedy <gra...@ditl.org> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>
>> Christian evangelicals plotting to remake America in their own image
>
> Scary stuff - makes me glad to be across the pond
> in merry old England.

> Why does nobody in America seem to be opposing this?

Apathy and lack of available time. Most American families
are too busy holding down two ot three jobs to pay bills and
taxes (a large portion of which is needed for bombs and missiles
to enforce peace in the world).

Graham Kennedy

Apr 14, 2005, 6:39:27 PM4/14/05
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:

What's it going to take? Once they have the courts and the
government in their pocket, they'll decide that elections
are unchristian - there's not a word about democracy in the
bible after all. The only way to get them out then will be
a civil war!

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Apr 14, 2005, 6:49:17 PM4/14/05
In article <ziC7e.44375$mV1....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Graham Kennedy <gra...@ditl.org> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>
> > In article <uNz7e.67531$C12....@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> > Graham Kennedy <gra...@ditl.org> posted:

> >> Scary stuff - makes me glad to be across the pond
> >> in merry old England.
> >

> >>Why does nobody in America seem to be opposing this?
> >

> > Apathy and lack of available time. Most American families

> > are too busy holding down two or three jobs to pay bills and

> > taxes (a large portion of which is needed for bombs and missiles
> > to enforce peace in the world).
>

> What's it going to take? Once they have the courts and the
> government in their pocket, they'll decide that elections
> are unchristian - there's not a word about democracy in the
> bible after all. The only way to get them out then will be
> a civil war!

There is at least one peaceful
alternative to civil war: education
of the masses. In general, Americans
are hopelessly ill-informed about
many of the important things.

Graham Kennedy

Apr 15, 2005, 2:56:11 AM4/15/05
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:

You can't educate people who don't want to learn.

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Apr 15, 2005, 3:41:36 AM4/15/05
In article <fAJ7e.46879$mV1....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Graham Kennedy <gra...@ditl.org> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>
> > In article <ziC7e.44375$mV1....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> > Graham Kennedy <gra...@ditl.org> posted:

> >>What's it going to take? Once they have the courts and the
> >>government in their pocket, they'll decide that elections
> >>are unchristian - there's not a word about democracy in the
> >>bible after all. The only way to get them out then will be
> >>a civil war!
> >

> > There is at least one peaceful
> > alternative to civil war: education
> > of the masses. In general, Americans
> > are hopelessly ill-informed about
> > many of the important things.

> > - Jai Maharaj

> You can't educate people who don't want to learn.

Everyone wants to learn *something*. An effective
educator uses that as the vehicle to deliver additional
information.

cteas...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2005, 4:22:25 AM4/15/05
"For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but
against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against
those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked
spirits in the heavenly realms. Use every piece of God's armor to
resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will
still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt
of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on
the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully
prepared." NLT Eph 6:12-15

cteas...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2005, 4:22:12 AM4/15/05

cteas...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2005, 4:24:25 AM4/15/05
"In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery
arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take
the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times
and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and
be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere." NLT Eph
6:16-18

cteas...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2005, 4:35:30 AM4/15/05
And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words as I boldly
explain God's secret plan that the Good News is for the Gentiles, too.
NLT Eph 6:19

rj

Apr 15, 2005, 7:48:17 AM4/15/05
"cteas...@gmail.com" <cteas...@gmail.com> wrote in

plonk! another assshole bites the dust.

rj

--
"I'm an atheist, thank God." - Dave Allen

Graham Kennedy

Apr 15, 2005, 8:06:53 PM4/15/05
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:

It seems to me that there is a significant percentage of the
population who actively dislike learning, distrust intelligence,
refuse to even look at any fact that might possibly be
uncomfortable, and outright reject any conclusion that they
do not like.

It seems to me that the ranks of such people are growing,
rapidly. And nobody seems inclined to do a thing about it,
which is a shame because by the time these people are ready
to really get in your face about it, it will be too late.

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Apr 15, 2005, 9:03:18 PM4/15/05
In article <xGY7e.52852$mV1....@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> > information. - Jai Maharaj

> It seems to me that there is a significant percentage of the
> population who actively dislike learning, distrust intelligence,
> refuse to even look at any fact that might possibly be
> uncomfortable, and outright reject any conclusion that they
> do not like.
>
> It seems to me that the ranks of such people are growing,
> rapidly. And nobody seems inclined to do a thing about it,
> which is a shame because by the time these people are ready
> to really get in your face about it, it will be too late.

Did you read the following news item today?

Latest from MIT: Artificial Stupidity

By Jay Fitzgerald
The Boston Herald
Thursday, April 14, 2005 - Updated: 08:59 AM EST

Welcome to wack-ademia.

Fed up with invitations to submit papers for
science conferences, three MIT students devised a
software program that deliberately churned out
nonsensical scientific gibberish.

Now one of their computer-generated ''papers'' has
been accepted by a Florida conference.

Their fake report - ''Rooter: A Methodology for the
Typical Unification of Access Points and Redundancy'' -
is intended to show that many so-called academic
conferences have few or no minimum standards. The
gatherings' purpose: simply to make money.

''We decided to test the limits,'' said Jeremy
Stribling, a graduate student at MIT's Computer Science
and Artificial Intelligence Lab in Cambridge.

Stribling, 25, along with fellow Massachusetts
Institute of Technology grad students Daniel Aguayo, 25,
and Maxwell Krohn, 27, worked on their ''context-free
grammar'' software program for weeks.

The program randomly selects and assembles
sentences, then drops in fancy-sounding verbs and nouns
while also producing exquisitely inane charts and
graphics.

More at:
http://business.bostonherald.com/technologyNews/view.bg?articleid=78365

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Dr. Homilete

May 1, 2005, 8:05:12 PM5/1/05

Dr. Homilete

May 1, 2005, 8:10:39 PM5/1/05
Johnny Judas Jay "the jumpin' jackass" Maharaj wrote:

> There is at least one peaceful
> alternative to civil war: education
> of the masses. In general, Americans
> are hopelessly ill-informed about
> many of the important things.

And who is going to educate Indians about the devious plans you have for
the saffronization of India, Johnny boya?

http://www.sacw.net/i_aii/hate.html
http://www.proxsa.org/politics/hindutva/nridollar.html
http://www.stopfundinghate.org/sacw/part1.html

Dr. Homilete