Re: *** Change in Moderation Process ***

Message has been deleted

Dan Goodman

Aug 16, 2010, 8:47:46 PM8/16/10
Paul Harwood wrote:

> The moderation policy in misc.writing.moderated has changed to
> "pass-through" moderation; posters are given immediate whitelist
> status and their contributions are not hand-moderated. On the plus
> side, we may get a little more discussion going; on the negative
> side, there will almost certainly be some spam creeping through.
> We'll give this a try and see how the signal to noise ratio
> stabilizes.
>
> -- Paul

Hope it works out!

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2010, 5:42:03 PM11/17/10
Paul Harwood wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:47:46 EDT, Dan Goodman said in
> misc.writing.moderated:
>

> > Hope it works out!
>
> PS: Hey, nice work on the blog, Dan! I've made a couple of stabs at
> blogging, and my enthusiasm always seems to fade out after a week.
> I admire and congratulate the discipline of keeping it going!

Sites based on the LiveJournal code make it easy to post a few lines
every now and then. My goal is once a week, but I fall down a bit on
that.

Thanks you.

Bill Penrose

Nov 18, 2010, 1:29:42 PM11/18/10
On Nov 17, 3:42 pm, "Dan Goodman" <dsg...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> Sites based on the LiveJournal code make it easy to post a few lines
> every now and then. My goal is once a week, but I fall down a bit on
> that.

Gave up on Livejournal. My stuff tends to disappear every now and then
for no good reason. I'll use my $19.95 elsewhere.

DB

Bill Penrose

Nov 18, 2010, 1:31:37 PM11/18/10
On Nov 17, 3:42 pm, "Dan Goodman" <dsg...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> Paul Harwood wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:47:46 EDT, Dan Goodman said in
> > misc.writing.moderated:
>
> > > Hope it works out!

I hope so, too.

alt.fiction.original soldiers on, despite spam and sperm and dark of
night. They just ignore the spam and post around it. I prefer this
arrangement, where I assume spamsters and conspiracy theorists can be
banned?

DB