Who's here?

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2010, 5:41:57 PM11/17/10
who is reading this newsgroup (at least, when there's something to
read?)

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."

Ray Haddad

Nov 17, 2010, 5:46:53 PM11/17/10
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:41:57 EST, "Dan Goodman" <dsg...@iphouse.com>
wrote:

>who is reading this newsgroup (at least, when there's something to
>read?)

I'm still reading, Dan. Mostly just reading and not commenting.
--
Ray

Sandi K

Nov 18, 2010, 10:15:25 AM11/18/10

I'm with Ray - I read, but don't usually comment. I am still here,
though!
- Sandi Wahl

Bill Penrose

Nov 18, 2010, 1:26:09 PM11/18/10
On Nov 17, 3:41 pm, "Dan Goodman" <dsg...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> who is reading this newsgroup (at least, when there's something to
> read?)

Me, about weekly. I write novels and the occasional short stories.

I belong to three other, more active forums for real discussions.

DB

Don Stauffer

Nov 19, 2010, 9:36:51 AM11/19/10
On 11/17/2010 4:41 PM, Dan Goodman wrote:
> who is reading this newsgroup (at least, when there's something to
> read?)

I have not been able to sell fiction, so I have gone back to
non-fiction. Mostly magazine articles, but I am working on a
non-fiction book now. History of technology and do-it-yourself, crafts
(model building).

Finding Usenet is a dying service, hardly any messages on any group,
including those that used to have hundreds per day. Plus, there is so
much spam on Usenet now :-(

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

David M. Harris

Nov 19, 2010, 11:10:56 AM11/19/10
I'm still here.

David

Rameez Nooruddin

Dec 8, 2010, 1:56:50 PM12/8/10
to misc.writin...@googlegroups.com
I just joined. Hello, everyone!

I'm more of a lurker though. :)

Rameez Nooruddin

Dec 8, 2010, 1:56:58 PM12/8/10
to misc.writin...@googlegroups.com

greenpen

Jun 10, 2011, 1:49:41 AM6/10/11
On 17/11/10 22:41, Dan Goodman wrote:
> who is reading this newsgroup (at least, when there's something to
> read?)

I have just subscribed.Don't know whether I shall stay though.

--
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-tweed/e/B0054D854G/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Joy Beeson

Jun 10, 2011, 6:41:52 PM6/10/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:49:41 EDT, greenpen
<ste...@greenpen.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have just subscribed.Don't know whether I shall stay though.

I forgot having subscribed to this newsgroup. Must still be a
moderator around, though, or neither of us would be able to post.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Ke...@giganews.com

Jun 13, 2011, 7:56:44 AM6/13/11

If I may ask, what more active forums might those be? As has been
previously mentioned, Usenet seems almost use-less these days. I'm
trying to find a gathering of fiction (specifically novel) -writers. I
would love to find a real discussion. Apparently Usenet is no longer
that place.

Joy Beeson

Jun 13, 2011, 11:56:19 PM6/13/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:56:44 EDT, Ke...@giganews.com wrote:

> If I may ask, what more active forums might those be? As has been
> previously mentioned, Usenet seems almost use-less these days. I'm
> trying to find a gathering of fiction (specifically novel) -writers. I
> would love to find a real discussion. Apparently Usenet is no longer
> that place.

rec.arts.sf.composition is still active, though a shadow of its former
self. Some of the discussion is about matters exclusive to
speculative fiction -- world building, for example -- but far from all
of it.

And any would-be writer *must* read Patricia Wrede's blog.
http://pcwrede.com/blog/
Patricia's absence is one reason that r.a.sf.c. is much less vibrant
than it once was.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
The above message is a Usenet post.

greenpen

Jun 18, 2011, 6:43:20 AM6/18/11
On 10/06/11 23:41, Joy Beeson wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:49:41 EDT, greenpen
> <ste...@greenpen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have just subscribed.Don't know whether I shall stay though.
>
> I forgot having subscribed to this newsgroup. Must still be a
> moderator around, though, or neither of us would be able to post.

What I actually meant was that I had just subscribed to this newsgroup
using my thunderbird setup:-) There is a list of newsgroups to which you
can subscribe.

--
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-tweed/e/B0054D854G/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
http://stephen-thinkingman.blogspot.com/

Joy Beeson

Jul 12, 2011, 5:51:36 PM7/12/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:56:44 EDT, Ke...@giganews.com wrote:

> If I may ask, what more active forums might those be?

rec.arts.sf.composition recently had a prolonged discussion of
characters that probably hasn't spooled off your server yet.