My Adventure as a Freelancer

rmdmphilosopher

Jun 25, 2008, 12:11:02 PM6/25/08
I quite my day job three days ago.

In a crazy leap of faith, I have decided to become a freelance writer
to support myself, a college student, through the next three years of
my life. The first trick will be to get past these first two months,
and scrape up next semester's tuition using only my pen.

Come read <a href="http://www.theveilaway.com/blog">my blog</a>, as I
continue the daily chronicle of my freelance adventures!

http://theveilaway.com/blog

Robert M.D. Minto

Bill Penrose

Jun 30, 2008, 6:40:49 PM6/30/08
On Jun 25, 9:11 am, rmdmphilosopher <rmdmphilosop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I quite my day job three days ago.

Have you done the research? Have you sold anything yet to demonstrate
that you can do this?

Good luck.

DB

Leon

Aug 13, 2008, 3:35:07 PM8/13/08

"rmdmphilosopher" <rmdmphi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I quite my day job three days ago.
>
> In a crazy leap of faith, I have decided to become a freelance writer
> to support myself, a college student, through the next three years of
> my life. The first trick will be to get past these first two months,
> and scrape up next semester's tuition using only my pen.

As long as you don't have to eat or pay rent, you have a chance. Tuition?
That's not in the schedule.

Can you take rejection? Can you accept unwanted criticism? Do you have a
rich mentor? Do you know a publisher?

And, finally, can you really WRITE?

Leon, who wishes you well.

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2010, 6:12:07 PM11/17/10
rmdmphilosopher wrote:

Are your sale steady enough to make it likely that you could earn
enough to support yourself?

Do you have health insurance through the college?

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."