[PAY MKT] Sword and Saga Press ... a for-pay and a no-pay market

Towse

Aug 22, 2010, 1:58:00 AM8/22/10
Received today fr. Sword and Saga Press. ...

1. Science Fiction & Fantasy Cookbook. A cookbook for science fiction
and fantasy fans. Now accepting submissions for both recipes and stories
that have a genre and food element. A fun way to explore the food side
of the genre. We will look at stories from all sub-genres of science
fiction and fantasy. http://swordandsagapress.com/index.php Paying $25
short story. $5 for recipes.

2. Sword & Saga Magazine:
We’re looking for stories that take genre fiction to the next level of
imagination. Time travel, steampunk, experimental, sword & sorcery, hard
& soft SF, futurism, medievalism, reclusive, alien invasion, Arthurian,
dystopian, myth, heroic, teen-fantasy, vampire/fallen
angel/werewolf/zombie, super hero, supernatural, contemporary-SF, SF
Western. Stories that show diversity in location and research a plus.
New writers are welcome. No payment, credit only.
http://swordandsagapress.com/index.php

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers and
the terminally curious <http://writers.internet-resources.com>

Dan Goodman

Nov 17, 2010, 5:42:05 PM11/17/10
Towse wrote:

> 1. Science Fiction & Fantasy Cookbook. A cookbook for science
> fiction and fantasy fans. Now accepting submissions for both
> recipes and stories that have a genre and food element. A fun way
> to explore the food side of the genre. We will look at stories from
> all sub-genres of science fiction and fantasy.
> http://swordandsagapress.com/index.php Paying $25 short story. $5
> for recipes.

Among mystery subgenres is culinary mysteries -- that is, mysteries
which include recipes. The detective is usually a cook, caterer or
something along those lines.

It occurs to me that there could also be culinary science fiction and
culinary fantasy. For example, a culinary sf novel might include
recipes from our time adapted for cooking on a world with 1.5 Earth's
gravity.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."