Re: The Met to Watford Junction: Deadline Day

e27002 aurora

Jan 6, 2018, 8:13:29 AM1/6/18
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:06:56 -0000, "tim..." <tims_n...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"R. Mark Clayton" <notya...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Monday, 1 January 2018 22:20:40 UTC, Recliner wrote:
>>> An interesting article on the tangled history of this absurdly expensive
>>> project whose time has come, and probably gone, as its parliamentary
>>> approval is about to lapse, with no sign of the funding gap being filled:
>>>
>>> <https://www.londonreconnections.com/2017/the-metropolitan-line-extension-deadline-day/>
>>
>> AIUI if work has started before PP etc. expires then it can continue.
>
>If you read the report to it's conclusion you will see that the law for
>these works is different to PP.

Still it is not looking good for this project. Taking the Met. Into
Watford Junction would provide a very useful interchange. Diverting
the Overground to Rickmansworth would be an interesting option.

Basil Jet

Jan 6, 2018, 8:42:31 AM1/6/18
For very few people. After all, the Harrow area and the Wembley area
already have services to Watford Junction.

The only point I can see in a Croxley Link would be a diesel version to
allow the entire Chiltern Amersham service to be diverted to Euston, so
that the Chiltern mainline could run more trains into Marylebone. But a
curve from Northwick Park to the "slow" OLE lines at South Kenton would
probably do a similar job much more cheaply.