Why you shold not have multiple road geeks in one car

leopard

Mar 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/27/99
Back on this past Thursday, I drove up to Mentor, Oh. and met Marc Fannin.
We proceded to drive all over Lake and Geauga Cos (east of Cleveland, for
those not familiar to the area). Since it was my car, I did the driving and
the picture taking (and live to tell about it.), so I'll have more to say
once I get the pictures developed and send to Marc to post on his website.
I (we) did drive this route.
Morrow Co. Rd 227 N to...
Morrow Co. Rd 15 E to...
OH 61 N to...
I-71 N to...
I-271 N to (of note here, express lanes and complete from I-480/I-271/US 422
interchange, and I did not see any I-480 with blanks (for US 422) before it
said west) ...
I-90 E to...
OH 306 N to...
OH 84 E to...
some road that Marc lives on and went back west on OH 84 to...
Great Lakes Mall Dr then to...
US 20 E to...
OH 614 N to...
OH 283 E to the intersection of OH 283, 535 and 2 then turned around and
went back wesr on OH 283 to...
SR 44 S to...
OH 84 E to...
Liberty St/Ravenna Rd S (of note here, by Marc, was how this intersection
used to incorporate a railroad underpass and overpass to the south and west
of this crossing. The Railroad would go over Ravenna Rd and then go under
OH 84, all within 1,000 yards (at most) of the crossing. Note I said used
to here. The railine has been iradicated from this with both bridges gone
now) to...
Concord-Hambden Rd W (what should be an continuation of OH 608) to...
Auburn Rd. S to...
OH 44 S to...
Cherry St S to...
US 6 (saw a error sign showing US 6 as a state route) W to...
Downtown Chardon square, then...
S. Hambden St/Chardon Windsor Rd E to...
OH 608 S to...
OH 87 (at Middlefield) W to...
N Cheshire St./Claridon Troy Rd (at Burton) N to...
US 322 E to...
Princeton Rd N to...
Stillwell Rd. W to...
OH 608 S (again) to...
US 322 W to...
Aquilla Rd. N to...
Ravenna Rd. N to...
Prouty Rd. W to...
Morley Rd. S to...
Hoose Rd. W to...
The same road Marc lives, droped him off and went back to...
OH 84 E to...
OH 44 S to...
US 422 W to...
I-271 S to...
I-71 S to...
You get the picture. Neverless I did take 33 pictures that day, and like I
said I'll expound on this more once I see the pictures.
Your turn Marc. :-)

SJG
bt...@bright.net - 130 miles S from Marc Fannin's house
guly...@osu.edu - 160 miles S from Marc Fannin's house

Marc Fannin

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
In article <7dkb6c$9kp$1...@cletus.bright.net>,
"leopard" <bt...@bright.net> wrote:

> Back on this past Thursday, I drove up to Mentor, Oh. and met Marc Fannin.
> We proceded to drive all over Lake and Geauga Cos (east of Cleveland, for
> those not familiar to the area).
>

> [...]

> I (we) did drive this route.
>

> [snip]
>
> Great Lakes Mall Dr...

Actually it was just a no-name service drive

> ...then to...

> US 20 E to...
> OH 614 N to...

OH 615 N :)

> OH 283 E to the intersection of OH 283, 535 and 2 then turned around and
> went back wesr on OH 283 to...
> SR 44 S to...
> OH 84 E to...
> Liberty St/Ravenna Rd S

Old OH 44

> ...(of note here, by Marc, was how this intersection

> used to incorporate a railroad underpass and overpass to the south and west
> of this crossing. The Railroad would go over Ravenna Rd and then go under
> OH 84, all within 1,000 yards (at most) of the crossing. Note I said used
> to here. The railine has been iradicated from this with both bridges gone
> now)

The bridge on Ravenna Rd. is still there. Also, before a reconstruction in
1995, OH 84 coming from the west curved north and met old 44 almost as a
merge, then immediately turned right. To make matters worse, while the
southbound, eastbound, and westbound approaches had a stop sign, the
northbound approach had nothing. (Northbound traffic could not see the
intersection approaching, and likewise, none of the three other directions
could see traffic approaching from the south.) Now the intersection is
closer to a 90-degree angle intersection, an has a traffic light.

> [snip rest of trip]

> You get the picture. Neverless I did take 33 pictures that day, and like I
> said I'll expound on this more once I see the pictures.

So will I.

--
Marc Fannin
musx...@kent.edu