Re: Developer Abandons Keystone XL Pipeline Project, Ending Decade-Long Battle

Shobith

Jun 11, 2021, 10:55:03 PM6/11/21
In article <Z7SwI.120602$Sx7.1...@fx18.iad>
Just Wondering <J...@jw.com> wrote:

> On 6/11/2021 3:46 PM, Molly Bolt wrote:

> >> Why use a clean pipeline,
> >
> > Please englighten us as to an example of a "clean" oil pipeline.
> >
> >> which even the administration admits is
> >> better, when truck after CO2 farting truck can be used instead!!!
> >
> > Rail, NOT trucks will replace the pipelines, and trains require much less power to MAINTAIN a fixed speed than a truck (even if more much more energy is required to accelerate the train to a given speed), making them more fuel-efficient than trucks over a large distance, and since many trains are augmented by electric power or are completely electric, they are more environmentally sound that a farting truck or trumptard.
>
> "Electric locomotives are ideal for commuter rail service with
> frequent stops. Electric locomotives are used on freight routes
> with consistently high traffic volumes, or in areas with advanced
> rail networks."
>
> "The chief disadvantage of electrification is the high cost for
> infrastructure: overhead lines or third rail, substations, and
> control systems. ... Because railroad infrastructure is
> privately owned in the U.S., railroads are unwilling to make
> the necessary investments for electrification."
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_locomotive
>
> For the type of long-haul cross-country freight used to transport
> oil, locomotive engines use diesel engines (i.e. fossil fuel) to
> power on-board generators which supply the energy to the electric
> motors that turn the wheels. These engines are actually diesel,
> not electric. And yes, diesel freight trains are still more fuel
> efficient than diesel trucks.

You cannot eliminate fossil products. Electricity cannot
lubricate moving parts. Plant lubricants are not suitable for
all purposes.

Just Wondering

Jun 11, 2021, 10:59:25 PM6/11/21
On 6/11/2021 8:51 PM, Shobith wrote:
> In article <Z7SwI.120602$Sx7.1...@fx18.iad>
> Just Wondering <J...@jw.com> wrote:

I agree, but your example doesn't support the argument. When
oil is used as a lubricant, it isn't burned, i.e. it is not
a fuel. The same with plastics. Oil used to make a plastic
whatever is not burned so is not a fuel.