Railpool Lokservice starts construction of new depot in Hamburg-Billbrook

Robert

Dec 20, 2022, 12:19:13 PM12/20/22
From
<https://railcolornews.com/2022/12/20/de-battle-of-the-workshops-railpool-starts-construction-of-new-facility-in-hamburg/>:

"07.12.2022: With a groundbreaking ceremony, employees of Railpool
Lokservice started the construction of a new locomotive workshop in
Hamburg-Billbrook. The new facility, with a total floor space of approx.
4,000 m², is built on a site Railpool acquired from Paribus in 2018.

The modern locomotive workshop will include extensive storage space as
well as modern office and training facilities. Railpool is anticipating
a growing number of locomotives that require service and overhaul. There
is a strong focus on efficiency and short lead times, minimizing the
downtime per locomotive.

Railpool currently owns six workshops:

2x in Hamburg – Railpool Lokservice (formerly Ajax Loktechnik and
Northrail technical service);
1x in Duisburg – KTG;
3x in Norway/Sweden – NTT.
It will take around one year to build the new workshop, so we expect a
nice opening ceremony at the end of 2023."

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational