[IT] Head-on collision of two trains in the Ravenna area, 17 people slightly injured

Robert

Dec 10, 2023, 5:52:08 PM12/10/23
Dated 10/12/23:

"A collision between a high-speed train and a regional train occurred
today at 20:20 between Bologna and Rimini.

Traffic on the Forlì-Faenza route is still suspended and it is unclear
how long the disruptions will last. According to unofficial information,
one of the trains was standing in front of the semaphore and the other
one hit it.

The causes of the accident will be investigated by the police and the
railway accident commission.

"We are working closely with the Emilia-Romagna region and the emergency
services," said the mayor of Faenza, Massimo Isola, on social media,
thanking firefighters and rescuers for their immediate intervention."

<https://kurier-kolejowy.pl/aktualnosci/44026/czolowe-zderzenie-dwoch-pociagow-w-rejonie-rawenny--17-osob-lekko-rannych.html>

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational