Photography problems in Poland

Robert

Apr 23, 2023, 5:45:29 AM4/23/23
From
<https://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/wiadomosci/milosnicy-kolei-nie-moga-juz-robic-zdjec-prawo-sie-nie-zmienilo-113012.html>.

"We receive signals from railway enthusiasts from all over the country
that the police and SOK prohibit taking photos of the railway. The
regulations on this matter remain clear - photography is allowed in
public places.

Railway enthusiasts across the country are talking about making it
difficult or impossible to take pictures. He contacted "Rynek Kolejowy"
among others. Michał Bis, the author of several documentaries about the
railway, who described the situation from Warsaw's Ochota and
Śródmieście stations. As he explains, in recent days the Police and the
Railway Protection Guard make it difficult for everyone to take photos -
they check IDs, write down the IMEI number of the phone, the serial
number of the camera - even though the photos were taken from generally
accessible places - i.e. platforms.

Another person, the leader of the Youtube channel Tomek Jurek Wlazło,
described dropping him off the train IC 38104"Chełmoński" for recording
a film with the train passing in the last car. No photography! - a
hobbyist who took pictures of almost historic shape semaphores heard
from an employee of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe - this is the description
from the Szczecin branch of "Gazeta Wyborcza " . presented "Railway
Wrocław".

The rules have not changed - you can take pictures!

After asking questions from the editors of "Rynek Kolejowy", today
(April 21) we received the position of PKP PLK, the company mentions a
number of reservations about taking photos - such as not staying in
places not allowed without permission - but admits that "there is no
formal ban on taking photos railway lines, if the person takes photos in
a place accessible to the public."

More on the above-mentioned website.

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational