Video shows moment Oregon sissy Rene Gonzalez claims he was 'accosted' on MAX train

Wuss List

Feb 14, 2024, 3:20:29 AMFeb 14
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — After Commissioner Rene Gonzalez claimed he was
“accosted by a woman” on a MAX train in late January, new video shows what
took place.

The incident occurred two weeks after a family car caught fire outside
Gonzalez’s Sellwood-Moreland home on Jan. 12. In the statement he released
on Feb. 2, Gonzalez said he experienced “unwanted physical contact,
followed by criticisms of the city’s policies regarding homelessness.” He
also said he would not be using public transportation again until they
have a “security solution to these targeted attacks.”

As first reported by The Oregonian, the TriMet surveillance video shows a
woman walking up the aisle of the nearly empty train when she briefly
brushes up against him while passing by.

In an interview with KOIN 6 News, Gonzalez claims that in addition to the
arson, people on his staff were assaulted and sent online threats over the
last few weeks, which is why he was frustrated about the TriMet incident.
He also gave his version of what happened on the train.

“I was sitting there and got bumped twice from behind, then engaged with
some critiques of public policy. By itself, not a big deal. But in the
aggregate with all the other things going on, it was avoidable contact.
They could have avoided running into me,” he said. “I felt like it was
really important to speak up about it.”

Gonzalez pointed out that multiple public officials have been harassed in
Portland in recent years, including Commissioner Dan Ryan and Mayor Ted
Wheeler, and says that he is currently the target.

“The focus seems to be on me right now. I’m the one that is getting all
the attention,” Gonzalez said.

TriMet released a statement Monday in response to the video.

“We understand Commissioner Gonzalez’ heightened sense of security after
the arson incident involving a car outside his home. It is unfortunate
when community leaders feel they cannot travel freely in public. We look
forward to welcoming him back on board when he feels safe to go out in
public again.”

Watch the full video of the incident in the player above.

Mr Flibble
1 day ago

Do we really need over 2 minutes of video when the incident in question
happens in the first 20 seconds?

And if that's his idea of being accosted, maybe he should find a safer
line of work. Something he could do from home, perhaps.

Heather B
1 day ago

I'm all for protecting people from actual harm, but this guy took a minor
incident that most people don't even pay attention to and exaggerated it
probably because he forgot about the CCTVs everywhere now

August
20 hours ago

There was no incident; thousands of people walk by other people sitting on
the moving MAX trains.

kyle p
1 day ago

Yeah, this man does not need to hold a public office if being questioned
in public is being accosted in his eyes. It's part of his job to answer to
us.

Jeff B
15 hours ago

Gonzalez should resign immediately. He outright lied about what happened
and did so to try to shape public opinion. Very unethical. He's not
worthy of holding his position as Commissioner.

https://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-moment-rene-gonzalez-030848334.html