Re: CA to receive {WASTE!} $6 billion federal investment for high-speed rail projects

Democrat Thievery

Dec 31, 2023, 1:20:03 AM12/31/23
Stephen Miller <el...@protonmail.com> wrote in
news:umqld9$1jis6$4...@dont-email.me:

> California has already been given $10 billion to build "high speed
> rail"and not one single train has run over an inch of it yet.
> Democrats stole the money to shore up the state public pension
> shortfall.

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A big boost Friday for California's High-Speed Rail
Project. President Joe Biden awarded more than $8 billion for 10 rail
projects. Two of those projects are right here in California.

One was a new high-speed rail corridor between L.A. and Vegas.

The other more funding for the high-speed rail that will eventually go
from L.A. to San Francisco.

The California High-Speed Rail has been a long talked about project, that
for some has generated a lot of excitement.

"People that are living in Fresno could be working in Silicon Valley or
Downtown San Francisco," said Doug McCarron, president of the United
Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America.

MORE: Construction of bullet train from SoCal to Las Vegas set to begin

But after hitting a series of roadblocks, the long-awaited rail line still
is not here.

Friday though, those in support of it are cheering after the announcement
from President Biden of the billions in funding for passenger rail
projects across the country.

Nearly $6.1 billion coming right here to California.

Half to the Brightline West project to connect Las Vegas to Los Angeles
and the rest to the High-Speed Rail project that would connect Los Angeles
to San Francisco.

"This investment has concrete benefits that will keep us on schedule to
open that initial operating line. It could not be done without this
investment," said Brian Kelly, California High-Speed Rail Authority CEO.

The project has seen deadline extensions and cost overruns for years.

And though the new funding keeps it on track, the current deadline is
still years away.

"All of this will be completed, will be in initial operating segments in
that 2030, 2031 window roughly," Kelly said.

The long project has had an impact on many in the Central Valley.

Like Morgan Doyzaki, owner of Central Fish Company, who has seen some
benefits from the project but has ultimately seen his business impacted by
the construction.

MORE: New renderings unveiled for BART's 2nd transbay crossing, Amtrak
Capitol Corridor collaboration

"Lots of street closures," he said, "People have had to find different
ways to Chinatown, Central Fish."

Even though the new funding comes from the bipartisan infrastructure law,
not all lawmakers are excited about it.

In a statement, the vice-chair of the State's Assembly transportation
committee, Assembly Member Vince Fong said:

"The High Speed Rail Authority's vision is not based in reality.
Completing the High Speed Rail project is still just a far-fetched pipe
dream. The state and federal government are dumping billions of dollars
into a failed project that will never be completed. Today's funding is a
drop in the bucket. As costs continue to spiral out of control, what will
Democrats cut from the budget to keep funding this money pit? "We owe it
to Californians to truly examine the viability of this project and hold
the High Speed Rail Authority accountable for its gross mismanagement and
broken promises. The federal government should focus on funding projects
that will improve the safety and wellbeing of Americans, like enhancing
rural road safety, supply chain, and ports, instead of funding a high
speed train to nowhere."

Former California Governor Jerry Brown who led some of the earliest
efforts to get the project going spoke Friday about the new funding in a
call that included Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi.

"Inherent in a big project like this are our difficulties and plenty
critics, but the fact that the President with all his experts have felt it
appropriate to put up billions of dollars," he said, "That's a big vote of
confidence."

https://abc7news.com/ca-high-speed-rail-federal-investment-la-to-sf-train-
bullet/14155943/