Horrible blue state mom sentenced for telling daughter to crawl under idling train that dragged, killed her

San Francisco is Nancy gay promoting Pelosi's district

Dec 22, 2023, 4:50:03 PM12/22/23
A California mother who instructed her children to crawl under an
idling train to catch a bus, resulting in the grisly death of her 8
-year-old daughter, has been sentenced to six years in prison.

Joy Collins, 49, on Tuesday tearfully pleaded with a judge to spare
her freedom, saying she wished she had acted differently on Dec. 17,
2018, reported the station ABC30.

On that night, the mom was walking with her two children, the 8-
year-old daughter and a 9-year-old son, in Fresno.

The family were in a hurry to get to a bus stop, and Collins told
her kids to crawl under a train that had stopped on the tracks.

Collins’ son made it across safely, but her daughter, Joyanna
Harris, was struck by the train, which started moving.

The child was dragged 500 feet and partially dismembered.

Photos taken by the police at the scene were so gruesome that when
they were shown in court during Collins’ trial this fall, the mother
asked to step out of the room.

Collins was convicted in October of two counts of child abuse and
endangerment, after a former police detective testified that she was
overheard telling her kids to “hurry” or they would miss the bus,
reported the channel WPDE.

Tragically, the freight train idled only 12 seconds, not giving
Collins’ daughter enough time to walk over the tracks.

“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t regret any of that, and
I do,” Collins said during her sentencing Tuesday. “And I beg for
your mercy so I won’t have to go into a prison.”

“I very much apologize, like I said, to the public and everything
for all that happened during that time,” she added.

The mom’s defense attorney, Mark Broughton, asked that his client be
given probation.

But the judge put aside the woman’s pleas and her lawyer’s request,
and handed her a six-year sentence to be served in state prison.

She must also pay a $1,200 fine.

Collins’ son is being raised by his grandparents.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/news/mom-sentenced-for-telling-8-
year-old-daughter-to-crawl-under-idling-train-that-killed-her/?
dicbo=v2-N07WpMU