Airbus A350 First flight

JF Mezei

Jun 13, 2013, 3:28:01 AM6/13/13
Got this in my mailbox:

On Friday 14 June, the A350 XWB will make its maiden voyage. Experience
the event as if you were there!
http://www.a350xwbfirstflight.com/

First Flight only happens once. Be there for all the excitement! Join
Airbus for this historic occasion as we will bring you complete
coverage of all the day’s events on www.A350XWBFirstFlight.com :
http://www.A350XWBFirstFlight.com

So, so far, the A350 has had fewer development delays than the 787. But
first flight is still major milestones away from ramped up production.

In other news, I hear that the first 787-9 is being assembled and that
Boeing is near to launch the 787-10 (which will likely end up competing
against the 777-x )

For a derivative such as 787-9, would it be correct to state that first
flight happens a lot sooner after assembly since it is essentially a
clone or an aircrafy already in production ?
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
mt...@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.