Where is everybody?

T Gold

Oct 7, 2012, 12:35:03 PM10/7/12
A lot of crazy stuff going on lately.

Tommorow is d-day for the judges decison on the American Airlines v. Sabre
anti-trust lawsuit.

I found a lot of great old threads on google groups and I was even able to
reply to some of them through the system but the moderation system rejected
the junk in googles headers.

That being said if anyone out there from the old days is reading this, its
about time to start talking about airlines and sabre and the GDSs and the
CRSs because we could be looking for a big shakeup of the travel industry.

tgol...@verizon.net
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
mt...@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.

JF Mezei

Oct 16, 2012, 4:32:33 PM10/16/12
On 12-10-07 12:35, T Gold wrote:

> I found a lot of great old threads on google groups and I was even able to
> reply to some of them through the system but the moderation system rejected
> the junk in googles headers.

I've found that it is easier to send submission via email to
mt...@airinfo.aero (but even then, that seemed to be down for a while
but is obviously back up now !)

> That being said if anyone out there from the old days is reading this, its
> about time to start talking about airlines and sabre and the GDSs and the
> CRSs because we could be looking for a big shakeup of the travel industry.

When I look at Google's purchase of ITA software a couple years ago, I
have to wonder if the whole GDS concept might not be re-invented as
advertising. Google could charge advertising fee whenever it displays
an airline's flight, and an additional fee if the user then clicks on it
to go to the airline's web site.

My thinking is that airlines may be more open to advertising costs
rather than having to embed GDS costs into their core reservation system
costs.