Status of American Airlines Bankrupcy

JF Mezei

Oct 16, 2012, 4:07:06 PM10/16/12
I haven't had much time to follow this.

What is the current status of AA's trip to chapter 11 ? Do they have a
rich uncle to recapitalise them ? Or will they just re-issue new shares
to current creditors ?

Is it just me, or has the media lost interest in airline bankrupcies
since they have happened so often ?

Read about a possibility of US-Airways buying AA. Is this a realistic
possibility ? Is the America-West and US Airways merger fully complete
by now ?

In terms of Chapter 11, I read T Gold's post about the Sabre deal. Isn't
that something that could easily be voided by the bankrucpy judge ?
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
mt...@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.