Boeing launches the 787-10

JF Mezei

Jun 18, 2013, 3:52:30 PM6/18/13
It wasn't a question of IF but rather WHEN... and WHEN was today..

Boeing Launches the 787-10 Dreamliner
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2711

Seats 300-330 passengers, range 7000nm.
First fligt 2017, first delivery 2018

No mention of engines. Anyone know if it will be just uprated versions
of same 787-8 engines ? Or even just the exact same engines ?

As part of the launch, a number of the announced orders are actually
conversions from 787-9 to 787-10. But Boeing says it has 102 orders for
it already (not bad for a launch day).

In terms of 777 vs 787-10, any thoughts on whether the 787-10 will
cannabalise many 777 sales ? Or does the 777 offer additional capacity
that the 787-10 can't provide (I am thinking also in terms of cargo
since 777 is wider).

In related news, Korean ordered 5 747-8 pax planes. So I guess this year
the 747 is doing much better than the 380.
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
mt...@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.

Uwe Klein

Jun 19, 2013, 2:50:28 AM6/19/13
JF Mezei wrote:
> It wasn't a question of IF but rather WHEN... and WHEN was today..
>
> Boeing Launches the 787-10 Dreamliner
> http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2711
>
> Seats 300-330 passengers, range 7000nm.
> First fligt 2017, first delivery 2018
>
> No mention of engines. Anyone know if it will be just uprated versions
> of same 787-8 engines ? Or even just the exact same engines ?
probably.
Trent-1000 TEN, GEnX -1?C?

> As part of the launch, a number of the announced orders are actually
> conversions from 787-9 to 787-10. But Boeing says it has 102 orders for
> it already (not bad for a launch day).

will be interesting so see the evolution of net sales for the 787 family.
( apropos: see http://www.pdxlight.com/787.htm for a good accounting base )

> In terms of 777 vs 787-10, any thoughts on whether the 787-10 will
> cannibalise many 777 sales ? Or does the 777 offer additional capacity
> that the 787-10 can't provide (I am thinking also in terms of cargo
> since 777 is wider).

There is the A350-900 and A350-1000 sandwiched in between to effect that.
The -10 nibbles on A330-300 territory.

> In related news, Korean ordered 5 747-8 pax planes. So I guess this year
> the 747 is doing much better than the 380.

Doric Leasing bought (MOU) 20 A380.

uwe