Alabama mass shooting: 4 confirmed dead, reports of at least 20 injured at teenager's birthday party

Matt

Apr 16, 2023, 2:40:05 PM4/16/23
Alabama mass shooting: 4 confirmed dead, reports of at least 20
injured at teenager's birthday party

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-birthday-party-ends-mass-shooting-leaving-multiple-children-dead?

A mass shooting at a teenager's birthday party in Dadeville, Alabama,
Saturday evening left at least four dead and reportedly more than 20
injured.

Malte Runz

Apr 17, 2023, 2:04:45 PM4/17/23
On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 11:40:37 -0700, Matt <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
And the gun crowd lets out a sigh of relief. 'We can keep saying that
now is not the time for politics!'

--
Malte Runz

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 17, 2023, 2:26:14 PM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:04:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:
Correct. Believe it or not, there are some morons out there who think
turning the US into an European shit hole would solve the problem.

Malte Runz

Apr 17, 2023, 2:46:29 PM4/17/23
Name an area, where you believe the US outperforms European countries.

Here, let me save you some time:

Life expectancy and infant mortality, literacy and education, social
mobility, financial security for pensioners, healthcare and drug
prices, personal security in the public space, access to healthy food
and clean water, child care, paid vacation time, and yes, functioning
democracies.

No need for you to go there to look for American superiority.

--
Malte Runz

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 17, 2023, 2:55:55 PM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:46:26 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:26:04 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:04:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>>wrote:

>>>And the gun crowd lets out a sigh of relief. 'We can keep saying that
>>>now is not the time for politics!'
>>
>>Correct. Believe it or not, there are some morons out there who think
>>turning the US into an European shit hole would solve the problem.
>
>Name an area, where you believe the US outperforms European countries.

Freedom.

Firearms ownership.

Need anything else?

Skeeter

Apr 17, 2023, 2:59:59 PM4/17/23
In article <bksq3i9hccebohns6...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
Are you blaming the guns?

Don Kresch

Apr 17, 2023, 6:32:53 PM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:04:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
scrawled in blood:
It's never the time for politics.

Don
aa#51
o- DNRC
Jedi Slackmaster

Mattb

Apr 17, 2023, 6:55:34 PM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:04:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:
The culture of the scum that fired the weapon is part of the
problem.

Siri Cruise

Apr 17, 2023, 11:38:34 PM4/17/23
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/17/black-kansas-city-teen-shot-wrong-address

Police charge white man for shooting Black teen boy who had wrong
address

Ralph Yarl, 16, is in stable condition as outrage spread over the
police’s initial decision to release the homeowner without charges

A white homeowner in Kansas City, Missouri, has been charged with
armed assault after he shot a Black teenager who rang his doorbell
by mistake, authorities announced on Monday.

Andrew Lester, 85, is also facing a charge of armed criminal
action after shooting Ralph Yarl, 16, twice on Thursday. The
teenager, a high school junior, was going to pick up his younger
twin brothers from a play date when he went to the wrong address.
Zachary Thompson, the prosecuting attorney, announced the charges
late on Monday after intense local protests and widespread outrage
over the police’s decision to briefly detain Lester before
releasing him without charges.

Lester was not in custody early Monday evening, but there was a
warrant out for his arrest, Thompson said. Charging documents said
that Lester came to the door when the doorbell rang and then shot
the boy in the head, before shooting him again, and that no words
were exchanged before he opened fire.

Yarl was recovering at home after being released from a Kansas
City hospital on Sunday, where he was being treated for gunshot
wounds to his head and chest, his family said. Lee Merritt, an
attorney for the family, told the Guardian that Yarl suffered a
fractured skull, a traumatic brain injury involving swelling,
post-concussive syndrome and injuries to his arm. “The family is
elated that Ralph didn’t succumb to his injuries, but now they’re
angry about the failure of the justice system to show any value or
appreciation of his life,” Merritt said in an interview on Monday
morning before the charges were announced.

Kansas City police had insisted earlier that they could not take
further action until they spoke to the seriously injured boy.
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Governor Swill

Apr 18, 2023, 1:58:41 AM4/18/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:55:42 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
Europe has both of those too.

I'd rather see us outperform on this list:

Life expectancy and infant mortality, literacy and education, social
mobility, financial security for pensioners, healthcare and drug
prices, personal security in the public space, access to healthy food
and clean water, child care, paid vacation time, and yes, functioning
democracies.

Swill
--
Trump hat: "Barak Obama had a big part of 9/11."
Klepper: "Which part?"

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Malte Runz

Apr 18, 2023, 4:27:45 AM4/18/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:55:42 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:46:26 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:26:04 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>><klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Correct. Believe it or not, there are some morons out there who think
>>>turning the US into an European shit hole would solve the problem.
>>
>>Name an area, where you believe the US outperforms European countries.
>
>Freedom.

I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you can do
that I, as a Dane living in Denmark, can't do.

>Firearms ownership.

What makes you think I can't buy a gun? True, I can't just pop down to
the nearest corner store and pick up a semi automatic rifle, 200
rounds of armor piercing bullets, and go shoot up a bunch of kids in
the local school, but I can definitely by myself a firearm. Do your
fucking homework next time.
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Denmark_-_Obtain_a_Firearms_License

>Need anything else?

No, I think you have proved my point sufficiently. All you have is a
vague notion of 'being more free' than Europeans, because that's what
you've been spoon fed since childhood, and the only example thereof
you could come up with is the 'freedom' to readily buy a tool meant
for tearing human flesh to shreds.

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 18, 2023, 4:34:26 AM4/18/23
By the way, you can add 'happiness' to the list!

I always feel a bit like a prick when I emphasize these differences. I
know it sounds like I'm 'dissing' the US, or simply gloating.
Honestly, I just think Americans are missing out on a lot of good
things.

--
Malte Runz

Michael McLean

Apr 18, 2023, 5:01:09 AM4/18/23
Yeah, who needs the fear of God!

Atheism forever!

Hardly.

Michael

--
Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do, it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that you could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 7:41:29 AM4/18/23
Bet he's more careful next time.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 7:41:44 AM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 01:58:37 -0400, Governor Swill
Not REAL firearms ownership

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 7:42:14 AM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:27:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
Buy a machine gun.

Scout

Apr 18, 2023, 12:00:25 PM4/18/23

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:1g0t3id34j82afs8o...@Schadenfreude.com...
LOL

Malte Runz

Apr 18, 2023, 1:12:47 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 04:42:04 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
You should have stopped before it became blatantly obvious what your
problem is. Do you know that you can get little blue pills that'll
help you out... if you're in a tight spot?

--
Malte Runz

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 1:17:20 PM4/18/23
That was the easy one. There are more.

CAN YOU BUY A FIREARM IN DENMARK WITHOUT A LICENSE?
No. The only type of weapon that civilians may own without a licence
are air rifles of a calibre of 4.5 mm (.177) or less

CAN YOU BUY A FIREARM IN DENMARK FOR SELF DEFENSE?
No. In Denmark, self-defence is not a legitimate reason for acquiring
a weapon, and civilians are never granted a firearm licence for
self-defence reasons.

CAN PURCHASE A GUN FOR SPORT SHOOTING?
No, unless licensed. To gain an individual licence, sports shooters
are required to have been active members of a sports shooting club for
at least two years.

CAN YOU PURCHASE A SEMI-AUTO RIFLE FOR SPORT SHOOTING?
No. Dynamic sports shooting with semiautomatic rifles, as defined by
the International Practical Shooting Confederation, is not allowed in
Denmark.

CAN YOU HUNT WITH MORE THAN TWO CARTRIDGES?
No. Although Danish law accepts that hunters use semi-automatic rifles
with a magazine capacity of more than two cartridges, hunters may
never carry more than two cartridges in their semi-automatic rifles at
one time.

CAN YOU OWN A GUN BY PASSING A BACKGROUND CHECK JUST ONCE?
No. A background check is conducted for all firearms licences and all
licences are issued for a specific period.

CAN YOU HAVE AMMO FOR ANTIQUE RIFLES AND PISTOLS?
No. Collectors of antique weapons may not keep ammunition for their
old guns and pistols

CAN YOU AVOID INFORMING THE GOVERNMENT WHAT WEAPONS YOU OWN?
No. Collectors of firearms must keep an updated list containing
information about the weapons in the collection that must be renewed
once a year, as well as a list of any changes to the weapons in the
collection, which needs to be sent to the police’s administrative
centre.

CAN YOU KEEP WEAPONS ANYWHERE YOU WANT IN YOUR HOME?
No. All firearms must be stored in an authorised weapons cabinet,
which must be bolted to the floor or wall if it weighs less than 1,000
kg.

CAN YOU AVOID HAVING A SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLED?
No. An automatic burglar alarm system linked to a control centre
approved by the National Police must be installed.

CAN YOU AVOID WARRANTLESS SEARCHES OF YOUR HOME?
No.The minister of justice or a person authorised by the minister has
the right to carry out checks at any time and without a court order of
the weapons collections of individual collectors; the stockpile and
weapons records of dealers; the records of those who transport
weapons; and the ammunition storage facilities of persons and
associations, including those who are authorised to recharge
ammunition.

[SOURCE:
https://flemishpeaceinstitute.eu/safte/files/project_safte_denmark.pdf]

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 1:18:20 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:12:42 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
Thanks for admitting that you stepped in it, and you, as a Dane living
in Denmark, can't buy a machine gun.

You really should STFU when it comes to guns, you know.

Malte Runz

Apr 18, 2023, 1:28:38 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:18:09 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
No problem. Anything else?

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 18, 2023, 1:39:39 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:17:08 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
Gun deaths per 100.000

US: 12.21
DK: 0.91

Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
Firearms
https://tinyurl.com/47ams638

Now, that's how I spell Freedom. You must be so proud!

--
Malte Runz

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 1:40:23 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:28:36 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>

>>>I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you can do

>>>You should have stopped before it became blatantly obvious what your
>>>problem is. Do you know that you can get little blue pills that'll
>>>help you out... if you're in a tight spot?
>>
>>Thanks for admitting that you stepped in it, and you, as a Dane living
>>in Denmark, can't buy a machine gun.
>>
>>You really should STFU when it comes to guns, you know.

>No problem. Anything else?

That about covers it. Let me know if you need more schooling.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 1:41:28 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:39:37 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
>Gun de[..]

>I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you can do
>that I, as a Dane living in Denmark, can't do.

Haven't you been humiliated enough to day?

[chuckle]

Scout

Apr 18, 2023, 2:36:25 PM4/18/23

"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
Prison: less than 0.01

> Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
> Firearms
> https://tinyurl.com/47ams638
>
> Now, that's how I spell Freedom. You must be so proud!

Yep.. you are so free in prison.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 3:06:16 PM4/18/23
He probably always has his supply of vaniljekranse cookies on hand for
when the police show up unannounced to search his home.

Skeeter

Apr 18, 2023, 4:00:56 PM4/18/23
In article <mvkt3ihh9mckpk13h...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
> >collection, which needs to be sent to the police?s administrative
There are more people here.

Skeeter

Apr 18, 2023, 4:02:16 PM4/18/23
In article <jfkt3itthrjmf5qlo...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
Cowardly snipping noted.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 18, 2023, 4:31:46 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 14:00:53 -0600, Skeeter <nom...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
There are more people in New York City than all of Denmark. We have
ranches a little bit smaller than their country. It's smaller than
West Virgina. Ethiopia's military is rated stronger than theirs.

They do have flæskesteg, though.

Just Wondering

Apr 18, 2023, 4:49:34 PM4/18/23
On 4/18/2023 11:39 AM, Malte Runz wrote:

> Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
> Firearms
> https://tinyurl.com/47ams638

Only if you count black inner city gang-on-gang violence by
people ages 18-22 who are adult criminals for all other purposes.

Scout

Apr 19, 2023, 8:52:50 AM4/19/23

"Skeeter" <nom...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
Abortion

Malte Runz

Apr 19, 2023, 5:09:50 PM4/19/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:41:18 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
You already tried to answer that, and look where it got you.

>Haven't you been humiliated enough to day?

You equate freedom with the right to buy a machine gun, so no, I can
keep going all day long.

By the way, why did you snip this:

***
Gun deaths per 100.000

US: 12.21
DK: 0.91

Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
Firearms
https://tinyurl.com/47ams638
***

You're a big, tough guy, right? A real man with a really big gun. You
should be able to defend your position: Your right to be free and buy
a machine gun trumps everybody else's right to be alive.

>[chuckle]

You must mean [cluck]

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 19, 2023, 5:16:33 PM4/19/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 13:29:27 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

Swimming pool: more than 9

You're not making much sense.

>> Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
>> Firearms
>> https://tinyurl.com/47ams638
>>
>> Now, that's how I spell Freedom. You must be so proud!
>
>Yep.. you are so free in prison.

0.7 percent of the American population is in jail or in prison.
https://tinyurl.com/mr3pnb45

In Denmark that number is 0.07
https://www.prisonstudies.org/country/denmark

Were you trying to make a point?

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 19, 2023, 5:23:48 PM4/19/23
If only the embryos had guns to defend themselves!

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 19, 2023, 5:34:52 PM4/19/23
Honestly, do you really believe that I feel schooled? You're like the
guy strutting around, beating his chest telling everyone that 'I am
the Alpha', when a true Alpha never has to tell anyone. They already
know. You schooling me! Don't be ridiculous. You have to snip most of
my posts instead of replying, you evade any and all facts, and you
have been reduced to a sorry ass fool, who believes that if only he
can buy a machine gun he is free, all the while he is taking it up his
arse by the corrupt politicians doing the bidding of the gun industry.
Go fuck yourself, Captain Klutz, you have no idea about how to school
anyone.

--
Malte Runz

Governor Swill

Apr 19, 2023, 5:47:55 PM4/19/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:34:23 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 01:58:37 -0400, Governor Swill
><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Freedom.
>>>Firearms ownership.
>>>Need anything else?
>>Europe has both of those too.
>>I'd rather see us outperform on this list:
>>Life expectancy and infant mortality, literacy and education, social
>>mobility, financial security for pensioners, healthcare and drug
>>prices, personal security in the public space, access to healthy food
>>and clean water, child care, paid vacation time, and yes, functioning
>>democracies.

>By the way, you can add 'happiness' to the list!
>
>I always feel a bit like a prick when I emphasize these differences. I
>know it sounds like I'm 'dissing' the US, or simply gloating.
>Honestly, I just think Americans are missing out on a lot of good
>things.

We used to lead in much of those metrics, pioneered several of them, and it made us the
greatest power that has ever been on earth. But now the cons have got their hands on
power and done stupid stuff like degrade the very concept of education and, as is
currently happening in Florida and Missouri, among other places, trying actively to
restrict it. We pioneered many of the above items. America was the first nation in
modern history to implement universal plumbing, for example.

Now, thanks to cons dragging is back and liberals addicting us to the military industrial
complex and side tracking is into irrelevant and useless 'social progressions', the
country is being beaten on primary metrics like those above sometimes dropping into the
high teens on these lists. The happiest population on earth is Finland with the rest of
Scandinavia not far behind. Interestingly, these are also among the most educated on
earth. The Finns, for example, read more books than any other population on the planet.

Swill
--
Trump hat: "Barak Obama had a big part of 9/11."
Klepper: "Which part?"
Trump hat: "Not being around, always on vacation, never in the office."
Klepper: "Why do you think Barak Obama wasn't in the Oval Office on 9/11?"
Trump hat: "That, I don't know, but I'd like to get to the bottom of that."
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyN34sFko9w>

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Apr 19, 2023, 5:48:53 PM4/19/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 04:42:04 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
You first.

Governor Swill

Apr 19, 2023, 5:50:08 PM4/19/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:39:37 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss> wrote:

>Gun deaths per 100.000
>
>US: 12.21
>DK: 0.91
>
>Leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the US:
>Firearms
>https://tinyurl.com/47ams638
>
>Now, that's how I spell Freedom. You must be so proud!

When something bears repeating . . ..

Scout

Apr 19, 2023, 5:51:25 PM4/19/23

"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
If you can't do so.. then you lack that freedom.. you asked what freedom he
had that you didn't.. and he produced one.... or more.

Just so you understand what freedom is..

free·dom
noun
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or
restraint.

Clearly you have limits placed on your right to act without hindrance or
restraint that he doesn't.

Scout

Apr 19, 2023, 5:51:26 PM4/19/23

"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
Really swimming pools cause that many gun deaths?

Going to have to see you back that up.

> You're not making much sense.

Sure.. You asserted a lower rate of gun deaths makes you more free.. so I
figured that means if you're in prison then you must be REALLY free.

Meanwhile I live where the gun death are ZERO. Hasn't been a gun death in my
county in years. In fact I can show that most counties in America don't have
a single gun death. That must mean the people living there has unlimited
freedom you couldn't even dream of.

Are you aware that only about 2% of counties in America make up the majority
of our firearm homicides.. yet they are often the areas with the strictest
gun control and the least number of guns per capita.

In fact once we eliminate then.. our gun death rate is similar to that of
Europe.

If guns were the problem, as you imply.. then shouldn't it be more
consistent across the nation and particularly in the areas were a higher
percentage of people have guns?

Na, your simplistic one dimensional view of reality doesn't even begin to
reflect what actually exists.

Scout

Apr 19, 2023, 5:51:27 PM4/19/23

"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
If they did, people would most likely be a lot less willing to try to kill
them.

Meanwhile I will acknowledge that I refuted yet another of your simplistic
assertions.

Scout

Apr 19, 2023, 5:51:28 PM4/19/23

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:40:12 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:28:36 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>

>>>No problem. Anything else?
>>
>>That about covers it. Let me know if you need more schooling.
>
> Honestly, do you really believe that I feel schooled?

No. You would need the capacity to actually learn for that to happen.

Governor Swill

Apr 19, 2023, 5:51:29 PM4/19/23
You are a liar and a bigot.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 19, 2023, 5:57:23 PM4/19/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 23:09:47 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
Yes, I proved what a dumb fuck you are.

Go machine gun shopping yet?

[chuckle]

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 19, 2023, 5:58:28 PM4/19/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 23:34:49 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:40:12 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:28:36 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>

>>>No problem. Anything else?
>>
>>That about covers it. Let me know if you need more schooling.
>
>Honestly, do you really believe that I feel schooled?

Honestly?

No.

I believe you're incapable of actually learning.

Skeeter

Apr 19, 2023, 7:08:42 PM4/19/23
In article <51n04ipr1ppt49hic...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
He sure got you to write that essay.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 19, 2023, 7:10:28 PM4/19/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 17:08:39 -0600, Skeeter <nom...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
And I also got him to run away shrieking from his bullshit " Please,
tell me what it is you can do that I, as a Dane living in Denmark,
can't do."

[chuckle]

Siri Cruise

Apr 19, 2023, 8:18:26 PM4/19/23
Scout wrote:

>> You already tried to answer that, and look where it got you.
>>>
>>> Haven't you been humiliated enough to day?
>>
>> You equate freedom with the right to buy a machine gun, so no, I
>> can
>> keep going all day long.
>
> If you can't do so.. then you lack that freedom.. you asked what
> freedom he had that you didn't.. and he produced one.... or more.
>
> Just so you understand what freedom is..

Where's your tactical nuclear weapon? You have freedom, don't you.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 2.0 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohammed

Siri Cruise

Apr 19, 2023, 8:19:50 PM4/19/23
Machine guns are for wimps. I want a minigun.

Siri Cruise

Apr 19, 2023, 8:22:19 PM4/19/23
The midwife charges combat pay.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 7:06:01 AM4/20/23

Scout

Apr 20, 2023, 8:34:57 AM4/20/23

"Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> You already tried to answer that, and look where it got you.

>>> You equate freedom with the right to buy a machine gun, so no, I can
>>> keep going all day long.
>>
>> If you can't do so.. then you lack that freedom.. you asked what freedom
>> he had that you didn't.. and he produced one.... or more.
>>
>> Just so you understand what freedom is..
>
> Where's your tactical nuclear weapon? You have freedom, don't you.

And just like that Siri acknowledged defeat by invoke the fallacy of the Red
Herring.

Siri Cruise

Apr 20, 2023, 8:43:44 AM4/20/23
If you're free, you can own a tac nuke. If not, you have no freedom.

Scout

Apr 20, 2023, 9:42:18 AM4/20/23

> Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Where's your tactical nuclear weapon? You have freedom, don't you.
>>
>> And just like that Siri acknowledged defeat by invoke the fallacy of the
>> Red Herring.
>
> If you're free, you can own a tac nuke. If not, you have no freedom.

Challenge: Please, tell me what it is you can do that I, as a Dane living
in Denmark, can't do.
Response: Own a machine gun.

Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited freedom. If
they did, then they could cut of your head and use your skull as a planter..
much as you're using it now.. and yes that person would be totally free. You
however would be considerably less free.

So is Klaus freer? Yes. because he can do things prohibited to another. Does
Klaus have more freedom? Clearly since he can do things prohibited to
someone else.

Thus we get back to you, and your argument of the fallacy of the Red
Herring.

Where you assert one either has absolute freedom.. or none. Which is a false
dichotomy

Lou Bricano

Apr 20, 2023, 10:55:44 AM4/20/23
On 4/20/2023 6:25 AM, Scout wrote:

> "Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> And just like that Siri acknowledged defeat by invoke the fallacy of the Red
>>> Herring.
>>
>> If you're free, you can own a tac nuke. If not, you have no freedom.
>
> Challenge: Please, tell me what it is  you can do that I, as a Dane living in
> Denmark, can't do.
> Response: Own a machine gun.
>
> Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited freedom.

You claim that the right to keep and bear arms means there are *no* limits on
what kind of arms you may keep and bear. In other words, *you* claim unlimited
freedom in at least one area. You are wrong, of course.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 11:55:50 AM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 07:55:41 -0700, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> wrote:

>You claim that the right to keep and bear arms means there are *no* limits on
>what kind of arms you may keep and bear.

The dwarf is lying, like he usually does.

Siri Cruise

Apr 20, 2023, 1:59:04 PM4/20/23
Your argument is amount of freedom is measured by what is legal in
one country and illegal in another.

Do you want to stick with that? You still have time to amend
before you embarass yourself again.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 2:06:55 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 10:59:01 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Your argument is amount of freedom is measured by what is legal in
>one country and illegal in another.

You racist leftists have ZERO problem comparing apples to oranges when
it comes to guns, so fuck off.

Governor Swill

Apr 20, 2023, 2:38:21 PM4/20/23
No, actually, you haven't. You've proved you're an asshole though.

Why would anybody need a machine gun. Why would anybody want one? Are rabbits really
that fast?

Governor Swill

Apr 20, 2023, 2:47:46 PM4/20/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:49:38 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:
Well, you just proved him right. You snipped his content and failed to either acknowledge
or reply to the facts.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 2:56:52 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:38:17 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:57:10 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Yes, I proved what a dumb fuck you are.
>>
>>Go machine gun shopping yet?
>
>No, actually, you haven't.

Try following the thread. He claimed he could do anything I could do.
I proved he couldn't.

> You've proved you're an asshole though.

Oh, now my feelings are hurt.

>Why would anybody need a machine gun. Why would anybody want one? Are rabbits really
>that fast?

Why do you need freedom of speech? You've got nothing interesting to
say.

Weren't you the dufus who said people couldn't own machines guns?
Yeah, I think you were.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 2:57:54 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:47:42 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, you just proved him right. You snipped his content and failed to either acknowledge
>or reply to the facts.

Here are the facts:

MALTE: I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you
can do that I, as a Dane living in Denmark, can't do.

KLAUS: Buy a machine gun.

Game. Set. Match.

Scout

Apr 20, 2023, 3:18:25 PM4/20/23

"Lou Bricano" <l...@cap.con> wrote in message
If you say so.. Which means the freedom of speech is unlimited as well and I
can say any sort of lie or slander about you that I like?
The Freedom of the press means I can print lies about you as well, and
magazines of photos claiming to be you showing you doing all kinds of gross
and distasteful stuff?

After all, if there are *no* limits then I can do anything I want.

> In other words, *you* claim unlimited freedom in at least one area. You
> are wrong, of course.

Where did I claim unlimited freedom?

And of course it's wrong because it's your strawman.

Scout

Apr 20, 2023, 3:18:26 PM4/20/23

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:e3o24idcb7rdo32ic...@Schadenfreude.com...
And don't forget his use of strawmen.. man I will I had the contract on
that.. he goes through so much straw I would be rich within a week.
.

Scout

Apr 20, 2023, 3:43:28 PM4/20/23

"Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Just like the amount of gasoline a car has can be measure by how much
gasoline is in one car vs how much gasoline is in another car.

So yes, I can argue the amount of freedom that exists in a country can be
determined by what you can legally do.

> Do you want to stick with that? You still have time to amend before you
> embarass yourself again.

If you could embarrass me on this you would already been doing so with glee.

As such you are all bark, and no bite.

Lou Bricano

Apr 20, 2023, 4:22:07 PM4/20/23
On 4/20/2023 11:40 AM, scooter lied:

> "Lou Bricano" <l...@cap.con> wrote in message
>> On 4/20/2023 6:25 AM, scooter lied:
>>>

>>> "Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Challenge: Please, tell me what it is  you can do that I, as a Dane living in
>>> Denmark, can't do.
>>> Response: Own a machine gun.
>>>
>>> Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited freedom.
>>
>> You claim that the right to keep and bear arms means there are *no* limits on
>> what kind of arms you may keep and bear.
>
> If you say so.

What I'm saying about your idiotic wrong belief isn't true "because I say so,"
scooter — rather, I say so because it's true. You *absolutely* believe the
right means you may own and bear just whatever arms you wish, scooter. You are
wrong, of course, but I have correctly described your idiotic wrong belief.

> Which means the freedom of speech is unlimited as well and

No, it isn't, scooter. You may believe it is, scooter, but it isn't. Neither
right is unlimited, scooter.

> After all, if there are *no* limits then I can do anything I want.

But we know there *are* limits, scooter, and that your idiotic belief is wrong.

>>  In other words, *you* claim unlimited freedom in at least one area.  You are
>> wrong, of course.
>
> Where did I claim unlimited freedom?

You have *always* claimed that your right — your freedom — to keep and bear arms
is unlimited, scooter...and no, scooter, you don't get a "cite" [sic]. You have
always maintained, scooter, that any government imposed limit on the types of
arms you may possess is unconstitutional. The implication of your wrong claim,
scooter, is that you believe your right to keep and bear arms is unlimited. But
we know you're wrong, scooter.

We know how this will play out, scooter, because it always goes the same way.
You're going to toss your head, flash your eyes, flare your nostrils and shriek,
"SHOW ME in the '2nd' [sic] where there are any limits on the arms one may keep
and bear." And I will patiently explain, as to shitty petulant child, that the
limits aren't *in* the amendment — they are inherent in the right that the
amendment takes as already defined elsewhere. And then I will refer you,
scooter, to Scalia's text in Heller:

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is
*not unlimited*. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases,
commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was
not a right to keep and carry *any weapon whatsoever* in any
manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
[emphasis added]

And then you'll come back to get your ass kicked some more.

Lou Bricano

Apr 20, 2023, 4:24:10 PM4/20/23
On 4/20/2023 11:41 AM, Scout wrote:

> "Klaus  Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 07:55:41 -0700, Lou Bricano <l...@cap.con> wrote:
>>
>>> You claim that the right to keep and bear arms means there are *no* limits on
>>> what kind of arms you may keep and bear.
>>
>> The dwarf is lying, like he usually does
>
> And don't forget his use of strawmen [sic]

It's two words, scooter: *straw men*. But what I wrote *isn't* a straw man,
scooter. I have correctly described your wrong belief, scooter. You believe
that your right to keep and bear arms is unlimited — specifically, you believe
you have a right to just whatever arms you wish. You're wrong about that,
scooter, but it is what you believe. I have told the truth about you, scooter.

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 4:50:45 PM4/20/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:46:59 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 13:29:27 -0500, "Scout"
>> <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message

>>>Prison: less than 0.01
>>
>> Swimming pool: more than 9
>
>Really swimming pools cause that many gun deaths?
>
>Going to have to see you back that up.

You made no sense to me, so I came up with something random and
equally nonsensical.

>> You're not making much sense.
>
>Sure.. You asserted a lower rate of gun deaths makes you more free.. so I
>figured that means if you're in prison then you must be REALLY free.

And I'm sure you think it's a smart argument, so let me take it to the
extreme. In a country with no guns there will be no guns deaths. But
to you it would be the least free country possible.

>Meanwhile I live where the gun death are ZERO. Hasn't been a gun death in my
>county in years. In fact I can show that most counties in America don't have
>a single gun death. That must mean the people living there has unlimited
>freedom you couldn't even dream of.

My point from the beginning, and I realize that you won't ever
understand it, has been that the possibility to buy guns has nothing
to do with freedom as a concept. It is something the people who make
money from producing and selling guns tell their marks, pun intended,
and you swallow it wholesale.

>Are you aware that only about 2% of counties in America make up the majority
>of our firearm homicides.. yet they are often the areas with the strictest
>gun control and the least number of guns per capita.
>
>In fact once we eliminate then.. our gun death rate is similar to that of
>Europe.
>
>If guns were the problem, as you imply.. ...

I don't imply that. I think it is utterly stupid to correlate the two.

> ... then shouldn't it be more
>consistent across the nation and particularly in the areas were a higher
>percentage of people have guns?

I'm not going to defend an argument I've never made.

>Na, your simplistic one dimensional view of reality doesn't even begin to
>reflect what actually exists.

You want one dimensional simplicity? Here's one for you.

Freedom = guns.

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 4:58:45 PM4/20/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:48:45 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 06:48:20 -0500, "Scout"
>> <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Skeeter" <nom...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>>Abortion
>>
>> If only the embryos had guns to defend themselves!
>
>If they did, people would most likely be a lot less willing to try to kill
>them.
>
>Meanwhile I will acknowledge that I refuted yet another of your simplistic
>assertions.

Only because you wrongly assume that I consider an embryo to be a
child. I don't, but let's say I do, would you then acknowledge that
the second leading cause of death is gun deaths? A pro-lifer like you
that should be outraged by that fact.

--
Malte Runz

Charles Hamblin

Apr 20, 2023, 5:09:01 PM4/20/23
That is complete bullshit. I have an absolute human right, or freedom, to self
defense. I have a right to *armed* self defense because criminals who wish to
assault and maybe kill me are likely to be armed themselves (*). Guns are the
most effective form of arms for self defense. Therefore, the possibility to buy
or acquire guns absolutely is connected with freedom as a concept, as well as
freedom in practice. What people do *not* have any right to is just whatever
guns they wish to have, as scooter wrongly believes he does.

(*) I used to see a signature line from someone in a newsgroup years ago. I
think the guy got most things wrong regarding gun control, but the sig line was
very good:

"Gun control: the theory that 115 pound women have a right to fistfight with
220 pound rapists."

That's possibly a paraphrase, but it's the gist of the sig line.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 5:24:44 PM4/20/23

================= WARNING! ========================
**** DESPERATE RUDY GRAMMAR FLAME AHEAD ****
================= WARNING! ========================

>It's two words, scooter: *straw men*.

Wrong dwarf. It can be written either way.

Straw man

Wikipedia
A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal
fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under
discussion, ..

Skeeter

Apr 20, 2023, 5:40:53 PM4/20/23
In article <qi134i554q5aj4mml...@4ax.com>,
governo...@gmail.com says...

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:57:10 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, I proved what a dumb fuck you are.
> >
> >Go machine gun shopping yet?
>
> No, actually, you haven't. You've proved you're an asshole though.
>
> Why would anybody need a machine gun. Why would anybody want one? Are rabbits really
> that fast?
>
> Swill

Because they are fun to shoot.

Skeeter

Apr 20, 2023, 5:42:54 PM4/20/23
In article <N9h0M.163129$T%ac.3...@fx01.iad>, l...@cap.con says...
> scooter ? rather, I say so because it's true. You *absolutely* believe the
> right means you may own and bear just whatever arms you wish, scooter. You are
> wrong, of course, but I have correctly described your idiotic wrong belief.
>

> > Which means the freedom of speech is unlimited as well and
>
> No, it isn't, scooter. You may believe it is, scooter, but it isn't. Neither
> right is unlimited, scooter.
>

> > After all, if there are *no* limits then I can do anything I want.
>
> But we know there *are* limits, scooter, and that your idiotic belief is wrong.
>

> >>  In other words, *you* claim unlimited freedom in at least one area.  You are
> >> wrong, of course.
> >
> > Where did I claim unlimited freedom?
>
> You have *always* claimed that your right ? your freedom ? to keep and bear arms
> is unlimited, scooter...and no, scooter, you don't get a "cite" [sic]. You have
> always maintained, scooter, that any government imposed limit on the types of
> arms you may possess is unconstitutional. The implication of your wrong claim,
> scooter, is that you believe your right to keep and bear arms is unlimited. But
> we know you're wrong, scooter.
>
> We know how this will play out, scooter, because it always goes the same way.
> You're going to toss your head, flash your eyes, flare your nostrils and shriek,
> "SHOW ME in the '2nd' [sic] where there are any limits on the arms one may keep
> and bear." And I will patiently explain, as to shitty petulant child, that the
> limits aren't *in* the amendment ? they are inherent in the right that the
> amendment takes as already defined elsewhere. And then I will refer you,
> scooter, to Scalia's text in Heller:
>
> Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is
> *not unlimited*. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases,
> commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was
> not a right to keep and carry *any weapon whatsoever* in any
> manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
> [emphasis added]
>
> And then you'll come back to get your ass kicked some more.

I kicked Rudys ass.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 20, 2023, 5:44:52 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:40:50 -0600, Skeeter <nom...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
As if anyone "needs" to produce a reason.

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 5:45:30 PM4/20/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:38:28 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:41:18 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You already tried to answer that, and look where it got you.
>>>
>>>Haven't you been humiliated enough to day?
>>
>> You equate freedom with the right to buy a machine gun, so no, I can
>> keep going all day long.
>
>If you can't do so.. then you lack that freedom.. you asked what freedom he
>had that you didn't.. and he produced one.... or more.

You can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs in the US. You can't drink
Absinthe, and your kids can't play with Buckyballs Magnets. What a
shithole country you live in!!!

>Just so you understand what freedom is..

But I do. Freedom = Haggis

(You are not allowed to sell Haggis in the US, in case you wondered.)

>free·dom
>noun
>the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or
>restraint.

I call your machine gun and raise you a bowl of Haggis. We can go item
by item and see in which countries they are legal or not. There is
nothing inherently different between a gun and a Buckyball magnet in
that context, and none of it is a comprehensive measure of freedom.

And don't tell me that you believe that you can 'act and speak /as you
want/ without hindrance and restraint in the US'. No one can do that
anywhere. We're all on a 'spectrum of freedom', and you choose to
place great emphasis on the right to buy and use firearms. I don't. I
wouldn't buy a machine gun if I could. Wouldn't eat Haggis either
which I can... but you can't!

>Clearly you have limits placed on your right to act without hindrance or
>restraint that he doesn't.

Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the US. Why aren't you up in arms,
pun definitely intended, about that?

--
Malte Runz

Allahu Snackbar

Apr 20, 2023, 5:59:52 PM4/20/23
No longer true. Absinthe has been legal to sell in the U.S. since 2007.
However, it may not contain detectable amounts of thujone, which comes from the
wormwood.

> and your kids can't play with Buckyballs Magnets. What a
> shithole country you live in!!!
>>
>> Just so you understand what freedom is..
>
> But I do. Freedom = Haggis
>
> (You are not allowed to sell Haggis in the US, in case you wondered.)

That isn't true, either. You may not sell Scottish haggis because the
importation of British products containing sheep bits is outlawed. You can sell
haggis in the U.S. that is made from U.S. sheep bits, but it may not contain lungs.

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 6:27:29 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:59:49 -0700, Allahu Snackbar
<camel-...@97virgins.com> wrote:

>On 4/20/2023 2:45 PM, Malte Runz wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:38:28 -0500, "Scout"
>> <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
(snip)

>>> If you can't do so.. then you lack that freedom.. you asked what freedom he
>>> had that you didn't.. and he produced one.... or more.
>>
>> You can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs in the US. You can't drink
>> Absinthe,
>
>No longer true. Absinthe has been legal to sell in the U.S. since 2007.
>However, it may not contain detectable amounts of thujone, which comes from the
>wormwood.

A purist would say that it therefore is not real Absinthe, but rather
Shit hole Absinthe!

>> and your kids can't play with Buckyballs Magnets. What a
>> shithole country you live in!!!
>>>
>>> Just so you understand what freedom is..
>>
>> But I do. Freedom = Haggis
>>
>> (You are not allowed to sell Haggis in the US, in case you wondered.)
>
>That isn't true, either. You may not sell Scottish haggis because the
>importation of British products containing sheep bits is outlawed. You can sell
>haggis in the U.S. that is made from U.S. sheep bits, but it may not contain lungs.

No Scottish bits of lung, no freedom!

I don't know if your sarcasm-detector is on, but if it is it should go
off.

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 6:52:20 PM4/20/23
It's not quite how it went, and the difference is important:

Claim: European countries are shit holes because of the way we deal
with fire arms.

Counter: Name an area, where you believe the US outperforms European
countries.

Reply: Freedom and Firearms ownership.

Follow up to /the Freedom part only/ (I replied to Firearms ownership
separately): tell me what it is you can do that I, as a Dane living
in Denmark, can't do.

Reply: Buy a machine gun.

And you thought that reply was a funny 'gotcha'. So did I, but for
completely different reasons, I can assure you. What a sorry existence
one must lead, if the only measure of freedom is the right to buy
weapons.

>Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited freedom. ...

Well, you kinda did:

***
>free·dom
>noun
>the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or
>restraint.
***
I don't see any mention of limitations.

> ... If
>they did, then they could cut of your head and use your skull as a planter..
>much as you're using it now.. and yes that person would be totally free. You
>however would be considerably less free.
>
>So is Klaus freer? Yes. because he can do things prohibited to another. ...

And I can do things he can't do. Does that make us equally free?

> ... Does
>Klaus have more freedom? Clearly since he can do things prohibited to
>someone else.

And there are things he can't do that I can do. The argument leads to
nowhere.

>Thus we get back to you, and your argument of the fallacy of the Red
>Herring.

It's not a Red Herring at all. If my inability to buy a machine gun in
Denmark makes me less free, why is your inability to buy tactical nuke
in the US not also a limit on your freedom? You can accuse us of using
the 'Reductio ad absurdum fallacy'... but in this case it's not a
fallacy. It's a necessary consequence.

>Where you assert one either has absolute freedom.. or none. Which is a false
>dichotomy

Then find a definition of freedom that also specifies the limitations.

--
Malte Runz

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 6:59:44 PM4/20/23
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:49:38 -0500, "Scout"
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>"Malte Runz" <nob...@busine.ss> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:40:12 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
>> <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:28:36 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss>

>>>That about covers it. Let me know if you need more schooling.
>>
>> Honestly, do you really believe that I feel schooled?
>
>No. You would need the capacity to actually learn for that to happen.

Learn what? Freedom = Machine gun? I've always known that to be
bullshit.

--
Malte Runz

Skeeter

Apr 20, 2023, 7:14:58 PM4/20/23
In article <it934i912u5kfrmgf...@4ax.com>,
nob...@busine.ss says...
No body wants that shit.

Allahu Snackbar

Apr 20, 2023, 7:39:14 PM4/20/23
scooter thinks that if he isn't free to do just whatever he wants, he has no
freedom at all. He doesn't know what freedom is. scooter thinks his rights are
unlimited. They aren't. He's willfully and aggressively stupid.

Allahu Snackbar

Apr 20, 2023, 7:52:14 PM4/20/23
scooter thinks the right to arms is the only one that matters, and he thinks the
right is unlimited, i.e. that he has a right to just whatever guns he wishes. He
is wrong on both counts.

>> Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited freedom. ...
>
> Well, you kinda did:
>
> ***
>> free·dom
>> noun
>> the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or
>> restraint.
> ***
> I don't see any mention of limitations.

I have instructed scooter many times that all rights have inherent limitations.
They don't have to be listed or enumerated. It is *understood* rights are not
unlimited. The right to free speech doesn't mean you can say just whatever
you'd like, and the right to arms does not me a right to have just whatever arms
you wish to have.

>> ... If
>> they did, then they could cut of your head and use your skull as a planter..
>> much as you're using it now.. and yes that person would be totally free. You
>> however would be considerably less free.
>>
>> So is Klaus freer? Yes. because he can do things prohibited to another. ...
>
> And I can do things he can't do. Does that make us equally free?
>
>> ... Does
>> Klaus have more freedom? Clearly since he can do things prohibited to
>> someone else.
>
> And there are things he can't do that I can do. The argument leads to
> nowhere.
>

>> Thus we get back to you, and your argument of the fallacy of the Red
>> Herring.
>
> It's not a Red Herring at all. If my inability to buy a machine gun in
> Denmark makes me less free, why is your inability to buy tactical nuke
> in the US not also a limit on your freedom? You can accuse us of using
> the 'Reductio ad absurdum fallacy'... but in this case it's not a
> fallacy. It's a necessary consequence.
>

>> Where you assert one either has absolute freedom.. or none. Which is a false
>> dichotomy
>
> Then find a definition of freedom that also specifies the limitations.

scooter is the one saying that either freedom (rights) is unlimited, or it is
non-existent. He is stupid for saying that. He works at being stupid.

Phil Omdahl

Apr 20, 2023, 7:55:09 PM4/20/23
No right-thinking person wants an AR-15.

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 8:03:53 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:08:58 -0700, Charles Hamblin <chu...@taft.con>
wrote:

>On 4/20/2023 1:50 PM, Malte Runz wrote:
(snip)

>> My point from the beginning, and I realize that you won't ever
>> understand it, has been that the possibility to buy guns has nothing
>> to do with freedom as a concept.
>
>That is complete bullshit. I have an absolute human right, or freedom, to self
>defense. ...

So do I.

> ... I have a right to *armed* self defense because criminals who wish to
>assault and maybe kill me are likely to be armed themselves (*). ...

And that is the problem we in Europe are addressing by trying to
eliminate the need for guns. Not only by restricting the spread of
fire arms among (potential) criminals, but also by reducing the
factors that cause people to behave criminally.

> ...Guns are the
>most effective form of arms for self defense. ...

An interesting statistic:
https://tinyurl.com/5c76wxdj
***
How many instances of defensive gun use are there each year?
[...] According to the most recent firearms violence report, published
in April, 2 percent of victims of nonfatal violent crime — that
includes rape, sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated assault — and 1
percent of property crime victims use guns in self-defense. [...]
***

Effective? Sure, but it doesn't appear to be very wide spread. What I
would like to know is how many women who carried a gun ended up being
raped regardless.... and how often that gun ends up being the cause of
an unwanted death in the family home.

> ... Therefore, the possibility to buy
>or acquire guns absolutely is connected with freedom as a concept, as well as
>freedom in practice. ...

Not around where I live. It's a very American thing. I'm 62 and in
three weeks I have the opportunity to fire a weapon, a small 22
caliber riffle, for the very first time in my life. I'm really looking
foreward to it!

> ... What people do *not* have any right to is just whatever
>guns they wish to have, as scooter wrongly believes he does.

Not that you are implying it, but I never questioned that Americans
have the right to buy an assault riffle. I do, though, question the
sanity of using that right as the primary tool of prevention against
violent criminal behavior. Especially when one considers that the
price is paid in childrens' guts and brains splattered on a school
wall.

>(*) I used to see a signature line from someone in a newsgroup years ago. I
>think the guy got most things wrong regarding gun control, but the sig line was
>very good:
>
>"Gun control: the theory that 115 pound women have a right to fistfight with
>220 pound rapists."

More stats:
https://tinyurl.com/4sumdspv
Rape statistics by Country.
US: 27.31/100.000
Denmark (tooting my horn): 6.37/100.000

It almost looks like that the enormous amount of fire arms that have
saturated the US has absolutely no effect as rape prevention, doesn't
it.

>That's possibly a paraphrase, but it's the gist of the sig line.

In modern movies she knocks him out.

--
Malte Runz

Siri Cruise

Apr 20, 2023, 8:15:07 PM4/20/23
Malte Runz wrote:
> But I do. Freedom = Haggis
>
> (You are not allowed to sell Haggis in the US, in case you wondered.)

Tis a rare stranger who gets to watch the wild haggis romp.
~~ Gahan Wilson

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 2.0 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohammed

Siri Cruise

Apr 20, 2023, 8:15:11 PM4/20/23
In Japan you are free to buy cigarettes from a vending machine.
You aren't free to do so in the US. Therefore Japan has more
freedom than the US.

In Peru you are free to chew coca leaves. You aren't free to do so
in the US. Therefore Peru has more freedom than the US.

Colour you perplexed.

Malte Runz

Apr 20, 2023, 8:25:34 PM4/20/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 17:15:05 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Malte Runz wrote:
>> But I do. Freedom = Haggis
>>
>> (You are not allowed to sell Haggis in the US, in case you wondered.)
>
>Tis a rare stranger who gets to watch the wild haggis romp.
> ~~ Gahan Wilson

I've been made aware that only certain kinds of Scottish Haggis are
not to be sold in the US. Something about bits of lung. But that's
just the 'no true Haggis' fallacy.

--
Malte Runz

Siri Cruise

Apr 20, 2023, 9:47:37 PM4/20/23
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Liberty_(film)

Maddalena Ciarrapico arrives in New York City from Italy to get
married and brings her fiancé a gift of mortadella (large Italian
pork sausage) from her co-workers at the sausage factory where she
used to work. But she is refused permission to bring the
mortadella into the country because of the ban on meat which may
contain food-borne diseases. An indignant Maddalena refuses to
hand the sausage over, staying in the customs office at the
airport, sparking a diplomatic incident in which she attracts
widespread sympathy and support.

(In the end she does clear customs without surrenderring her sausage.)

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:14:38 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 08:25:27 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>Challenge: Please, tell me what it is you can do that I, as a Dane living
>in Denmark, can't do.
>Response: Own a machine gun.

What else? You claim he has NO freedom because he can't buy a machine gun.

So fucking what? Is that the only freedom that has any value?

Swill
--
Trump hat: "Barak Obama had a big part of 9/11."
Klepper: "Which part?"
Trump hat: "Not being around, always on vacation, never in the office."
Klepper: "Why do you think Barak Obama wasn't in the Oval Office on 9/11?"
Trump hat: "That, I don't know, but I'd like to get to the bottom of that."
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyN34sFko9w>

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:16:21 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 10:59:01 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> If you're free, you can own a tac nuke. If not, you have no
>>> freedom.
>>
>> Challenge: Please, tell me what it is  you can do that I, as a
>> Dane living in Denmark, can't do.
>> Response: Own a machine gun.
>>
>> Further I'm not aware of anyone that claimed to have unlimited
>> freedom. If they did, then they could cut of your head and use
>> your skull as a planter.. much as you're using it now.. and yes
>> that person would be totally free. You however would be
>> considerably less free.
>>
>> So is Klaus freer? Yes. because he can do things prohibited to
>> another. Does Klaus have more freedom? Clearly since he can do
>> things prohibited to someone else.
>>
>> Thus we get back to you, and your argument of the fallacy of the Red
>> Herring.
>>
>> Where you assert one either has absolute freedom.. or none. Which
>> is a false dichotomy
>
>Your argument is amount of freedom is measured by what is legal in
>one country and illegal in another.
>
>Do you want to stick with that? You still have time to amend
>before you embarass yourself again.

Ooh! Ooh! Scout learned a word with over three syllables! How exciting!

Swill
NP: Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe, Eugene

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:18:44 AM4/21/23
I love watching you take the wind out of a gasbag when you're on it.

Swill

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:27:47 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 16:52:11 -0700, Allahu Snackbar <camel-...@97virgins.com> wrote:

>scooter is the one saying that either freedom (rights) is unlimited, or it is
>non-existent. He is stupid for saying that. He works at being stupid.

Exactly. He doesn't understand that by the end of WWI, all of Europe looked aghast at the
US. Our form of government coupled with our economic principles had made us the richest,
most productive nation on earth in just over a century with a civil war thrown in for good
measure. Following the downfall of the House of Hapsburg and the German and Russian
thrones, Europe rushed to emulate the us.

True, they often don't have their rights they grant to the people enshrined in their
Constitutions as we do, but yes, people over there have freedom of speech every bit as
much as we do. And of all our rights, that one is the most important and fundamental.

Swill
NP: Pink Floyd - Fat Old Sun Live 10/17/1970 San Diego (bootleg)

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:34:27 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 23:45:28 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss> wrote:

>Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the US. Why aren't you up in arms,
>pun definitely intended, about that?

They're also banned in Chile but no surprise there. The only freedom they have is to chew
coca leaves.

Swill

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:39:40 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:59:49 -0700, Allahu Snackbar <camel-...@97virgins.com> wrote:

>> You can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs in the US. You can't drink
>> Absinthe,
>
>No longer true. Absinthe has been legal to sell in the U.S. since 2007.
>However, it may not contain detectable amounts of thujone, which comes from the
>wormwood.

American absinthe is a sort of knock off product. It isn't actually absinthe, purists
claim, but a 'similar' liquor. Meanwhile, absinthe which conforms to EU food safety regs
is once again broadly available in Europe despite having been banned by many countries
there in the past.

Swill
NP: Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Live 10/17/1970 San Diego

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:40:44 AM4/21/23
Scout has gone silent. This is his normal way of saying, "I was wrong but I'm not going
to admit it."

Swill

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 12:43:26 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 18:47:34 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Maddalena Ciarrapico arrives in New York City from Italy to get
>married and brings her fiancé a gift of mortadella (large Italian
>pork sausage) from her co-workers at the sausage factory where she
>used to work. But she is refused permission to bring the
>mortadella into the country because of the ban on meat which may
>contain food-borne diseases. An indignant Maddalena refuses to
>hand the sausage over, staying in the customs office at the
>airport, sparking a diplomatic incident in which she attracts
>widespread sympathy and support.
>
>(In the end she does clear customs without surrenderring her sausage.)

Mortadella is the original true "baloney" (Bologna) sausage. It differs from American
Bologna by having large chunks of snow white pork fat in it.

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 1:03:01 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:08:58 -0700, Charles Hamblin <chu...@taft.con> wrote:

>That is complete bullshit. I have an absolute human right, or freedom, to self
>defense.

But if that is the *only* freedom you have, you're not really free.

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 1:09:00 AM4/21/23
On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:03:51 +0200, Malte Runz <nob...@busine.ss> wrote:

>And that is the problem we in Europe are addressing by trying to
>eliminate the need for guns. Not only by restricting the spread of
>fire arms among (potential) criminals, but also by reducing the
>factors that cause people to behave criminally.

An advanced and enlightened view. The problem isn't the guns, it's the violent tendencies
of the people who wield them.

In America, we simply incarcerate our drug addicts. Europe, recognizing that the problem
isn't the addiction so much as the problems the addiction causes non addicts, deals with
them in other ways that minimize the damage to others in the society. The Swiss, for
example, used blue lighting in public restrooms because it made it virtually impossible to
see veins under the skin. In this way they eliminated the hazard of drug mainlining in
public restrooms. Free needles helps prevent the spread of disease. Decriminalization
reduces expensive prison populations. Essentially, addicts have more freedom to be
addicts. While it's sad that so many die of overdoses, at least they volunteer to leave
the gene pool that way.

Swill
NP: Pink Floyd - Embryo Live 10171970 San Diego

Governor Swill

Apr 21, 2023, 1:11:13 AM4/21/23
On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 11:57:43 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:47:42 -0400, Governor Swill
><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Well, you just proved him right. You snipped his content and failed to either acknowledge
>>or reply to the facts.
>

>Here are the facts:
>
>MALTE: I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you
>can do that I, as a Dane living in Denmark, can't do.
>
>KLAUS: Buy a machine gun.
>
>Game. Set. Match.

Hardly. Your retort doesn't mean he has no freedom and has been shown by elsewhere in the
thread, there are freedoms he enjoys but we don't.

Swill
NP: Pink Floyd - Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun live 10171970 San Diego

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 21, 2023, 7:30:10 AM4/21/23
On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 01:11:11 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 11:57:43 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:47:42 -0400, Governor Swill
>><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Well, you just proved him right. You snipped his content and failed to either acknowledge
>>>or reply to the facts.
>>

>>Here are the facts:
>>
>>MALTE: I am so glad you took the bait. Please, tell me what it is you
>>can do that I, as a Dane living in Denmark, can't do.
>>
>>KLAUS: Buy a machine gun.
>>
>>Game. Set. Match.
>
>Hardly. Your retort doesn't mean he has no freedom

Try following the thread. I never claimed he had no freedom.
It is loading more messages.