News from Platts

Daniel J. Lavigne

Jun 30, 2003, 10:21:50 PM6/30/03
ldc...@globespeed.net wrote:

Immediate action needed to address US natural gas shortfall: NPRA

London (Platts)--26Jun2003

Immediate action is needed to address the shortage of natural gas supply in
the US in order to ensure the competitive survival of its petrochemical
industry. "The nation's petrochemical manufacturers and refiners rely on
adequate supplies of natural gas at predictable prices," said Bob Slaughter,
president of the National Petrochemical & Refiners Assoc, in a statement
Thursday. "If those conditions are not met, the health of those industries,
their significant contributions to national, state and local economies, and
the continued existence of hundreds of thousands of jobs are directly
threatened," Slaughter said. "Our experience with high natural gas prices and
short supplies last winter was a reality check for the nation's flawed
policies, and we must act now to correct them," Slaughter said, following the
National Petroleum Council's Natural Gas Summit. "This is why NPRA urges
summit participants to reject halfway measures and confront the unavoidable
reality that additional natural gas supplies are needed now," Slaughter said.

Lynn Dohner
Add your voice to reason's call. Join the Tax Refusal.
http://www.taxrefusal.com http://www.dieoff.com
"Never doubt that a small group of committed individuals can change
the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Wally

Jul 1, 2003, 12:32:37 AM7/1/03

"Daniel J. Lavigne" <tax...@taxrefusal.com> wrote in message
:

Is there any record of the US ever saying it has "enough" of anything? Or
any other country for that matter? It's all just corporate propaganda to
psychologically prepare people for planned price hikes. Guess the excessive
profits aren't excessive enough.

Chadlee Anvil Bryant

Jan 16, 2023, 2:19:13 PM1/16/23
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:21:50 -0400, "Daniel J. Lavigne"
<tax...@taxrefusal.com> wrote:

>ldc...@globespeed.net wrote:
>
>Immediate action needed to address US natural gas shortfall: NPRA

They need to try some of Mama's homemade chilli. If I eat that, I'll
be making natural gas all day long