Depreciation of trees

Fred J. Tydeman

Dec 13, 2023, 12:24:07 PM12/13/23
Instructions for IRS Form 4562 says trees that bear fruits or nuts are
10-year property for depreciation. Would trees used to grow truffles
(on the roots of the trees) be depreciable?

I have read that "trees purchased and held for the production of
revenue" can be depreciated. So, would trees used for "carbon
credits" be depreciable?

---
Fred J. Tydeman Tydeman Consulting
tyd...@tybor.com Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093 Vice-chair of INCITS/C (ANSI "C")
Sample C17+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.

--
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>