Federal e-filing 1040 returns with H&R Block Premium Home & Business

Wilson

Feb 27, 2023, 2:12:52 PM2/27/23
I've bought this software know full well I'll get 5 free e-files for Federal
1040 returns. I due 11 returns a year now and get the message that I've I've
reached my 5 free e-files. I always assumed that once I e-filed the 5 free
returns, that I would now have to pay for them.

But, I also get a reference to IRS. Pub. 1345 where I discovered "Ensure
that no more than five electronic returns are filed from one software
package or one e-mail address."

Any suggestions how I can e-file my last 6 returns? TIA

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

ira smilovitz

Feb 27, 2023, 4:23:13 PM2/27/23
On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 2:12:52 PM UTC-5, Wilson wrote:
> I've bought this software know full well I'll get 5 free e-files for Federal
> 1040 returns. I due 11 returns a year now and get the message that I've I've
> reached my 5 free e-files. I always assumed that once I e-filed the 5 free
> returns, that I would now have to pay for them.
>
> But, I also get a reference to IRS. Pub. 1345 where I discovered "Ensure
> that no more than five electronic returns are filed from one software
> package or one e-mail address."
>
> Any suggestions how I can e-file my last 6 returns? TIA
>
> --

You'll need another email address and perhaps even another (2) copies of the software. These are anti-fraud restrictions imposed by the IRS. There is also a possibility that the software captures some machine specific information as part of the anti-fraud process which could further complicate your situation.

Ira Smilovitz, EA
Leonia, NJ

Wilson

Feb 27, 2023, 6:28:34 PM2/27/23
On 2/27/2023 4:19 PM, ira smilovitz wrote:
> On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 2:12:52 PM UTC-5, Wilson wrote:
>> I've bought this software know full well I'll get 5 free e-files for Federal
>> 1040 returns. I due 11 returns a year now and get the message that I've I've
>> reached my 5 free e-files. I always assumed that once I e-filed the 5 free
>> returns, that I would now have to pay for them.
>>
>> But, I also get a reference to IRS. Pub. 1345 where I discovered "Ensure
>> that no more than five electronic returns are filed from one software
>> package or one e-mail address."
>>
>> Any suggestions how I can e-file my last 6 returns? TIA
>>
>> --
>
> You'll need another email address and perhaps even another (2) copies of the software. These are anti-fraud restrictions imposed by the IRS. There is also a possibility that the software captures some machine specific information as part of the anti-fraud process which could further complicate your situation.
>
> Ira Smilovitz, EA
> Leonia, NJ

I suspect you're right as far as the software looking for other versions on
the same machine. I had considered loading it onto another machine,
different email and credit card, but really annoyed that there is a limit to
e-filing. I fought it 30 years ago and still fighting it today. Thanks.