Include amended 1040 with 1040-X?

Ian Pilcher

Dec 29, 2023, 5:33:49 PM12/29/23
The IRS instructions for Form 1040-X say:

Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040-X in the order of
the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper-right corner of the
schedule or form.

Does this include the amended Form 1040 itself (assuming that something
on the 1040 has changed)? I see both yes and no answers on the
internet.

If the 1040 should be attached, does it need to be signed? (Obviously,
the 1040-X must be signed.)

Thanks!

PS - Apologies if this is a duplicate. (Tried posting with Thunderbird
first, but it's just hanging; now using Google web UI.)

No, this was the only one I saw. I use Thunderbird for email, but Xnews
for usenet.

--
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>