Is there a due date for 1099-DIV?

Not A Clue

Feb 17, 2024, 2:24:24 PMFeb 17
Is there an official deadline for 1099-DIV? If yes, would appreciate a link to that requirement.

TIA

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

Stuart O. Bronstein

Feb 17, 2024, 2:44:35 PMFeb 17
Not A Clue <m8r.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an official deadline for 1099-DIV? If yes, would appreciate
> a link to that requirement.

1099-DIVs are supposed to be filed by March 15 of the following year. See
the instructions to 1099-DIV:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099div.pdf

--
Stu
http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

Ira Smilovitz

Feb 19, 2024, 12:22:32 PMFeb 19
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:39:31 -0500, Stuart O. Bronstein wrote:

> Not A Clue <m8r.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there an official deadline for 1099-DIV? If yes, would appreciate a
>> link to that requirement.
>
> 1099-DIVs are supposed to be filed by March 15 of the following year.
> See the instructions to 1099-DIV:
>
> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099div.pdf
>

> --
> Stu http://DownToEarthLawyer.com

March 15 is only the deadline for 1099-DIV reporting by Widely Held Fixed
Investment Trusts (WHFITs) and is a specified exemption from the regular
reporting deadline of February 15.

Ira Smilovitz, EA
Leonia, NJ

Ira Smilovitz

Feb 19, 2024, 12:22:32 PMFeb 19
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:21:13 -0500, Not A Clue wrote:

> Is there an official deadline for 1099-DIV? If yes, would appreciate a
> link to that requirement.
>
> TIA

February 15, but a 30 day extension may be granted by the IRS. See Sectin
M of the General Instructions for Certain Information Returns, www.irs.gov/
pub/irs-pdf/i1099gi.pef.

Ira Smilovitz, EA
Leonia, NJ

Stuart O. Bronstein

Feb 19, 2024, 1:57:53 PMFeb 19
Ira Smilovitz <irasmi...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:39:31 -0500, Stuart O. Bronstein wrote:
>
>> Not A Clue <m8r.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an official deadline for 1099-DIV? If yes, would
>>> appreciate a link to that requirement.
>>
>> 1099-DIVs are supposed to be filed by March 15 of the following year.
>> See the instructions to 1099-DIV:
>>
>> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099div.pdf
>>

>> --
>> Stu http://DownToEarthLawyer.com
>
> March 15 is only the deadline for 1099-DIV reporting by Widely Held
> Fixed Investment Trusts (WHFITs) and is a specified exemption from the
> regular reporting deadline of February 15.

Thanks for that information.