DEEP IMPACT - My 2 cents worth

Geoffrey L. Hardin

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

I went to see Deep Impact on opening night. I haven't read anyone else's
reviews, so if I'm mimicking another person's point of view. . .tough.

In my opinion the movie was quite a bit interesting. Both my wife and I
enjoyed it. A few things that I found a bit unrealistic in the movie, though.

1. When the President of the U.S. disclosed the information about the comets
striking Earth and the fact that it would be an "Extinction Level Event,"
nobody freaked out. Oh sure, there were a lot of people worried but on the
whole, everyone pretty much took it in stride.

2. I was a bit uncomfortable with the entire feeling of the movie. . .that
the Government would protect you and ensure continuity of "our way of life."
Okay, label me a conspiratorialist on this one, but if you take a look at the
consistent theme of the movie, the government was doing everything for the
people and everyone lined up like good little citizens.

Cases in point :

a. The government had a plan ready to initiate a lottery for 2 million people
(actually only 800,000 because 200,000 were already chosen due to their levels
of expertise and job positions being extremely appropriate for a
post-TEOTWAWKI project to reconstitute the American Way of Life). Yeah, like
this would work. No one over 50 years of age were allowed in the "bunker
complex." When the government came to take the Main Character and his familyu
to the "bunker," all the neighbors stood around calmly and watched. Granted,
the bus was full of military-types loaded to the gills with weaponry, but the
family stood out on the corner with a couple of bags just waiting for them to
show up. The neighbors pretty much stood around bumping into each other like
sheep while the Chosen were chauffered away to live through the catastrophe.

Everyone was sad that they weren't going in. When the Main Character's family
was driven through the gates of the complex, people _were_ standing outside,
pleading to get in, or at least take their children inside so that they may
survive.

Yeah, right. In reality, IMHO, there would have been a lot of looting,
pillaging and not a few attempts at attack on the site (or those who were
among the Chosen). Why should I suffer total destruction of myself and my
family while others go on to live their lives? (In the movie, the comet was
broken into two pieces, the first of which would have had an extremely
destructive impact, the tidal wave of which reached as far inland as the Ohio
Valley. The second piece was 6 times as large and would have resulted in
total loss of flora in 2 months and most fauna within 4 due to the amount of
dust and debris in the atmosphere thrown up by the impact (assuming you'd
survive the impact, that is)).

I can't see people remaining as calm under these circumstances in reality.
Hell, Rodney King gets beaten by a few cops and L.A. burns for days. TEOTW is
guaranteed in the movie and one guy gets arrested for charging $5000/hour for
use of his backhoe (the President declared Martial Law and froze wages and
costs). I may be wrong, but I'd predict a whole hell of a lot of looting,
burning, etc. as every podunk village idiot figures "what the hell. . .we're
all going to die anyway, I may as well take a few people with me and settle a
few grudges."

b. Everyone in the movie waited until the day before impact to bug-out. Four
hours before impact, people were still jamming the roadways. I understand
that psychologically, a lot of people would have waited until the last minute
to leave (as a form of denial), but come on. . .when the Main Character and
his young wife rode a motorcycle to the top of a high hill, only they and a
handfull of people were there.

My opinion would have people freaking out before-hand and high-ground being at
a premium.

c. Continuing the warm and fuzzy "gee the government will take care of us"
attitude prevalent in the movie, government employees were the ones who
selflessly saved the day (I won't ruin it for those who have not seen the
movie).

The end of the movie is a bittersweet one, it would have to be as millions
died. Many survived to rebuild.

A decent movie, if a bit unrealistic. The special effects were pretty darned
good. The acting was passable. Morgan Freeman portrayed his role as President
of the U.S. quite believably, but I really didn't care about Tea Leone (great
legs!) and her struggle to accept her parents' divorce.

But, no one questioned the government. No one criticized the government. The
government had a plan. Everyone fell into line and it worked.

I just don't think that it would happen in real life.

Were I paranoid (or a constant reader of alt.conspiracy), I would almost say
that this was a very pro-government film. I would have been a bit more
comfortable with the director showing a bit of the darker side of the human
condition. I could foresee murder attempts being made on those who were among
the Chosen to survive (after all, it means that some openings would result in
the complex and the government would have to draw some more names). I could
see some groups attacking the installation where the Chosen were to ride out
the scenario. Granted, 1,000,000 people would have been difficult to
overthrow, but when it comes to one's survival, people will do strange things.

No comments were made as to rioting or hoarding (I believe the news carried
some stuff on this, but I didn't hear of any in the U.S., all reports were in
foreign countries).

I guess I just don't see the general population accepting their deaths as
gracefully as the director in this did.

I would go even further in predicting that Apocalypse (the movie coming out in
July with Bruce Willis saving the world from a similar fate) will be a bit
darker and more sinister. People will forego the advice of their government
and more death and destruction will be the result than if the government were
heeded (as in Deep Impact).

Ah well, I guess that I should just keep in mind that it's only a movie (it's
only a movie, it's only a movie).

I did observe one really interesting result of the movie, though :

As my wife and I were leaving, we heard more than a few of the other
moviegoers discussing what they'd do to try and get ready for such an event.
More than likely, they were just talking and won't act upon their discussions,
but if one or two do then some good will come from the movie.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comments?

Please send a copy of any replies to my email address as well as posting them
to the newsgroup.

Geoffrey L. Hardin,
geo...@abcs.com

Trekker235

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

I saw Deep Impact this saturday and i think you missed a few parts.
You said that there was no looting, but what about when the main character is
looking for the girl in her house??? it looked pretty well looted to me and
like all the critics said, the movie did not spend enough time developing the
plot or going deeper into the characters and what life was really like for them
in the 2 or so years untill the impact. I just have one question, how much do
you think whoever makes ENSURE payed to have all those government officals
stocking there houses and the big complex with it??? I would think that they
would be stocking MREs not a health drink???? Oh well thats hollywood for you.

Awesome1

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

In article <6j38mb$gjr$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, geo...@abcs.com says...

If you look at this movie (and much of the pro-government hooded
goons anti "patriot" militia right wing shows ocurring on all
channels with increasing frequency) from the stand point of it
being for the puposes of indoctrination (psyop) then the
unusual behavior of the public then makes sense. It's not how they
"would" act but how they are "expected" to act. The public
is being "prepared" for marshal law and to veiw "patriots"
"militia" (anyone NOT sheeple) to be viewed as the enemy (and of
course "ratted out" to the fedgoons). This "psywar" continues
to increase as we move closer to Y2K crisis. Were I a fledgling
tyrant like billy boy this is just the excuse I would need
(and cause to occur through lack or delay of timely remedy)
to invoke marshal law. Wouldn't have to leave office then, no?
Welcome to INGSOC. It is now 1984 forever.

E. Vigilance

--
E-Mail to fire...@gate.net

Old Quote; "Necessity is the plea for every infringment of human liberty;
it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

New Quote; "For the children is the plea for every infringment of human liberty;
it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

E. Vigilance 1998

Robert2011

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

In such a situation every soldier, marine, sailer, police officer, swat team
member, and all their family members, will have a shelter space BEFORE any
civilian or any political leader.

Political leaders will have about 5 minutes of leadership in a disaster
situation.

SGT Smith and PVT Clark will be in charge. Senators and Congressmen who did
nothing to save the formers families will not be on the inside of any shelter.
You might find SGT Smiths wife and kids in there though.

I don't remember seeing any politicians at National Guard drill.

Roger Schlafly

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Geoffrey L. Hardin wrote in message <6j38mb$gjr$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>1. When the President of the U.S. disclosed the information about the
comets
>striking Earth and the fact that it would be an "Extinction Level Event,"
>nobody freaked out. Oh sure, there were a lot of people worried but on the
>whole, everyone pretty much took it in stride.

I also thought the lack of private survivalism was really strange. The
people
had months to prepare. All they need was to be away from the ocean coast,
and to have 2 years of food and shelter. They didn't need govt-run caves in
Missouri.

The lack of civilian guns was also strange.

Michael Bremseth

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98
to Geoffrey L. Hardin

Geoffrey L. Hardin wrote:

> 1. When the President of the U.S. disclosed the information about the comets
> striking Earth and the fact that it would be an "Extinction Level Event,"
> nobody freaked out. Oh sure, there were a lot of people worried but on the
> whole, everyone pretty much took it in stride.

> Cases in point :

> a. The government had a plan ready to initiate a lottery for 2 million people
> (actually only 800,000 because 200,000 were already chosen due to their levels
> of expertise and job positions being extremely appropriate for a
> post-TEOTWAWKI project to reconstitute the American Way of Life). Yeah, like
> this would work. No one over 50 years of age were allowed in the "bunker
> complex." When the government came to take the Main Character and his familyu
> to the "bunker," all the neighbors stood around calmly and watched. Granted,
> the bus was full of military-types loaded to the gills with weaponry, but the
> family stood out on the corner with a couple of bags just waiting for them to
> show up. The neighbors pretty much stood around bumping into each other like
> sheep while the Chosen were chauffered away to live through the catastrophe.
>
> Everyone was sad that they weren't going in. When the Main Character's family
> was driven through the gates of the complex, people _were_ standing outside,
> pleading to get in, or at least take their children inside so that they may
> survive.

Your observations have sociological backing. There is a body of literature that
provides evidence that people will panic only if they think there is a possibility
of survival. So, for example, miners trapped in a mine with no hope of survival do
not panic, but accept and die. If there seems to be a way out (ala theater fires),
then people panic and trample each other to escape.

So, in this case, I believe you are more realistic than the movie. If there is a
chance for survival, there will be tremendous conflict for that chance. If there
was a true "extinction event," those who accepted this fact would not panic, but
make their peace, and those who didn't believe would work hard to find that safe
haven.

Mike Bremseth

Roger Schlafly

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Michael Bremseth wrote in message <6j5s13$l...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...

>Your observations have sociological backing. There is a body of literature
that
>provides evidence that people will panic only if they think there is a
possibility
>of survival. So, for example, miners trapped in a mine with no hope of
survival do
>not panic, but accept and die. If there seems to be a way out (ala theater
fires),
>then people panic and trample each other to escape.

But in the movie, everyone had a chance. Even under the worst case
scenario, the skies were going to be cloudy for 2 years. If you could get
2 years of supplies, you'd have a chance.

Carl Donath

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Roger Schlafly wrote:
> I also thought the lack of private survivalism was really strange. The
> people
> had months to prepare. All they need was to be away from the ocean coast,
> and to have 2 years of food and shelter. They didn't need govt-run caves in
> Missouri.

What I never figured out was why the "retired senator" near the beginning, and
who knew that the end was just a few weeks away and would likely involve a
mega-wave, was loading up his _boat_ for a long voyage.

And someone seems to think that Ensure is vital survival food, as there were
palettes of it all over.

--
Carl Donath http://www.ei.kodak.com/~donath
http://www2.rpa.net/~ctdonath

Bruce Beach

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

> What I never figured out was why the "retired senator" near the beginning, and
> who knew that the end was just a few weeks away and would likely involve a
> mega-wave, was loading up his _boat_ for a long voyage.
> You have to have a boat to understand! When I go,I hope I'm on my boat
get away from the idiots and life,now if the damn fish will start
getting with the program.

NOSPAM

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

I'd have to second this. Here is disaster country (CA) some of the
local governments have taken to setting up separate and private
disaster shelters for employees ( ie: PD, FIRE, EMS) and their
families in case of the "big one". Separate food and water rations,
separate medical facilities, and
command/control/security apparatus.

This is totally separate and unknown to some of the politicians and
almost all of the "civilian" population.

Les Bonser

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

In article <6j38mb$gjr$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, geo...@abcs.com (Geoffrey L.
Hardin) wrote:

> I went to see Deep Impact on opening night. I haven't read anyone else's
> reviews, so if I'm mimicking another person's point of view. . .tough.
>
> In my opinion the movie was quite a bit interesting. Both my wife and I
> enjoyed it. A few things that I found a bit unrealistic in the movie, though.
>
> 1. When the President of the U.S. disclosed the information about the comets
> striking Earth and the fact that it would be an "Extinction Level Event,"
> nobody freaked out. Oh sure, there were a lot of people worried but on the
> whole, everyone pretty much took it in stride.

It was still some time away; I think it took a certain amount of time for
it to sink in. The movie tended to focus only on the main characters, not
people in general...I think there was probably quite a bit of freaking out.

> 2. I was a bit uncomfortable with the entire feeling of the movie. . .that
> the Government would protect you and ensure continuity of "our way of life."
> Okay, label me a conspiratorialist on this one, but if you take a look at the
> consistent theme of the movie, the government was doing everything for the
> people and everyone lined up like good little citizens.

Yeah, I hated this part too. But who else has the resources to launch nukes
to try and stop it?

<edited>

> b. Everyone in the movie waited until the day before impact to bug-out. Four
> hours before impact, people were still jamming the roadways. I understand
> that psychologically, a lot of people would have waited until the last minute
> to leave (as a form of denial), but come on. . .when the Main Character and
> his young wife rode a motorcycle to the top of a high hill, only they and a
> handfull of people were there.

Until that point in time, they didn't reliably know where the impact was.
Why leave if you'd only end up going somewhere worse?

Les

go...@discoverymail.com

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

In article <199805101932...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

trekk...@aol.com (Trekker235) wrote:
> you think whoever makes ENSURE payed to have all those government officals
> stocking there houses and the big complex with it??? I would think that
they
> would be stocking MREs not a health drink???? Oh well thats hollywood for

I saw it on Saturday as well. Did I miss something? I remember seeing the
Ensure piled up on the one guy's dock but that was all I saw. Were there
other scenes with Ensure in them?

Of course, if the guy was really in the know he'd realize, even at that early
date, that an ocean strike was mathematically likely and being on a boat (or
an island for that matter) was not the wisest course of action.

Ensure, IMHO, is a horrible survival option unless you have mega-bucks. I
prices the stuff out once for fitness reasons and was amazed how expensive the
stuff was. I priced it out as an alternative for expensive protein drinks
(pre and/or post workout protein). Want a cheap protein pick-me-up? Eat a
can of tuna. It has at least twice as much protein as a can of Ensure (or a
Powerbar) and costs less than a buck.

Regards,
J. Stephen

Joe

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98
to ctdo...@kodak.com

According to the Discovery channel's documentary on asteroid impacts,
out at sea, even just a few miles from shore, the Tsunami, or Tidal
Wave, will travel below the oceans surface, and will only rise up, upon
coming in contact with the continental shelf.
see? I tried to tell my wife that these "dumb" documentaries were
informative!

Robert2011

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

I saw the same documentary. A boat just 50 miles from the impact notices only
an extremly small 500 mile per hour ripple under the hull. No damage is done.

The full effect is deep under water and only raises to the surface when the
continental plate is reached. Then the wave forms .

I'm not sure how accurate the movie version is. That "impact" looked like it
would put a hole through the earth. Kind of like shooting an orange with a
9mm. Perhaps Hollywood should leave astoroids alone and leave them to the
Discovery Channel.

James Johnson

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

You are thinking of tsunamis from an earthquake, waves from a
multi-gigaton level impact behave differently. Some astronomy mags a
little while ago had an article on how the studio was using the top
names in astrophysics/planetary geology as technical advisors for what
would happen. Said that they used 95% of the suggestions, and that
the one's they didn't use were because they coudn't make the special
effects right .

JJ

Beavis

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

go...@discoverymail.com wrote:

> In article <199805101932...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> trekk...@aol.com (Trekker235) wrote:
> > you think whoever makes ENSURE payed to have all those government officals
> > stocking there houses and the big complex with it??? I would think that
> they
> > would be stocking MREs not a health drink???? Oh well thats hollywood for

I work with older people who dont eat well, I have seen some who almost
live on the stuff, no kidding. After seeing the movie I was considering
picking up a case.

Madfred

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Films get money for displaying products prominently in the film. Those
are not accidents. Movies are about making money and they do a damn good
job.

Madfred

Roger Schlafly

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Les Bonser wrote in message <6j8g97$j...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...

>Until that point in time, they didn't reliably know where the impact was.
>Why leave if you'd only end up going somewhere worse?

They knew that the impact was likely to be in the ocean, and that ocean
waves would make the coast unsafe.

RolfN

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

There were a heck of a lot of problems with the physics of the movie,
though most of them were the sorts that only propeller-heads really care
about. There were other problems as well, thought things like the cases(
and more cases) of Ensure where there not because of any particular
appropriateness, but because the makers of the product paid a boatload of
cash to have the prominent product placement, just like I'm sure was paid
by MSNBC for that to be the news corp covering the event.

Physics issues, just off the top of my head:

1) It's the solar wind and thermal energy that's "blowing" stuff off the
surface of the comet, so the chance of its blowing off anything larger than
dust and gasses is extremely low, so the dodging rocks scene is
high-probability bogus.

2) Just 5 nukes planted sub-surface can break it in two, but a whole hale
of them from simple "converted" ICBMs can't do diddely, including causing
any EMP side-effects, and only 4 of them blow the remaining part in pieces
"no larger than a suitcase"? Yah, uh-huh, right.....

3) After blowing the comet into two chunks, they both still hit earth
fairly close together. If you had extremely bad luck they might (possibly)
both hit, but because they would have had to take significantly different
orbital paths, they would have hit far apart in time. It's far more likely
that only one of the chunks would hit, and more likely still that both
would be knocked off course.

4) At the angle the first piece was presented as hitting, it most likely
would have skipped, or in any case, the directional nature of the impact
would have caused England to get screwed a lot worse they NYC.

5) The comet had to much gravity for something only 7 mi. in diameter.

6) They said they were using the Orion propulsion system (basically
dropping a series of nukes out the back of the ship, and riding the pulsing
shock-waves for the series of explosions on a giant shock-absorber), but
what they showed was something quite different.

7) Orbital mechanics are pretty well understood - they'd know where the
impacts were going to be months in advance, and bug-outs would not have
been last-second.

This is just the off-the-top-of-my-head list, and I'm sure there are more.

Other than that, I'd have loved to see at least one guy, a "survivalist
type," heading out to his bomb-shelter saying to his wife "Nuts, am I? Your
family never let me hear the end of it, all my stock-piling food and ammo,
having a bomb-shelter in the hills. Well, who'll be laughing tomorrow, I
wonder? Hmmm?"

RolfN, speaking for myself only. All typos are my own....

James Johnson <jam...@chesapeake.net> wrote in article
<35585b6e...@news1.chesapeake.net>...

Carl Donath

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

Madfred wrote:

> Films get money for displaying products prominently in the film. Those
> are not accidents. Movies are about making money and they do a damn good
> job.

No kidding. Look for the Kodak One-Time-Use camera placed in Godzilla. The head
of my division gave a long speil during our quarterly meeting about how and why
they landed that placement.

Yates

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

The calculated delay in the govt announcing the ELE was a problem in
the movie. News of that sort always leaks. Sort of Y2kish, when the
programmers start resigning people take notice. You mean the Prez wasn't
in Cheyanne Mountain the whole time? Generally there are two programs,
one public and one secret. The public program designed to save cultue
and the latter for continuity reasons. Obviously the govt crats needed
time to corner crucial supplies for themselves and therefore the delay.
Press people would have been made aware when the company that made
Ensure stopped deliveries to the supermarkets. Govt buying would have
put the company on 3 shifts a day for months ahead of time. The same
with MREs.
It was nice however to see that the moviemakers didn't fudge the
attempt to destroy the asteroid. Failure was not an option for the
superpowers (even a former one) considering the enormous difficulties
of the whole project. The govt having tried and honestly failed was the
final outcome. No defeat, when you give it your best shot. The Prez
handled it well although he could have puked a few times for affect.
Millions of lives could have been saved if the scientists had
worked out alternative contigencies and suggested them to the public
before the final days Like if this doesn't work we may have to go to
backup plan a,b,or c, d. A small number of people would have survived
above ground even if both pieces impacted in a worst case. It would be
harder to predict if the whole asteroid had impacted how many would
survive. Not many. A million out of billions, 10 million worldwide. A
big zero point zero. Humans can go extinct like any other creature and
may someday in the furture.

dst...@shell1.tiac.net

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

Carl Donath <don...@ei.kodak.com> wrote:
> Madfred wrote:
> >
> > Films get money for displaying products prominently in the film. Those
> > are not accidents. Movies are about making money and they do a damn good
> > job.

> No kidding. Look for the Kodak One-Time-Use camera placed in Godzilla. The head
> of my division gave a long speil during our quarterly meeting about how and why
> they landed that placement

Well, don't keep all of us in suspense. How and why did they land that
placement?

webg...@rocketmail.com

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

In article <6j8hkn$mp7$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

go...@discoverymail.com wrote:

> In article <199805101932...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> trekk...@aol.com (Trekker235) wrote:
> > you think whoever makes ENSURE payed to have all those government
> > officals stocking there houses and the big complex with it???
> > I would think that they would be stocking MREs not a health
> > drink???? Oh well thats hollywood for
>
> I saw it on Saturday as well. Did I miss something? I remember
> seeing the Ensure piled up on the one guy's dock but that was all
> I saw. Were there other scenes with Ensure in them?
>
> Of course, if the guy was really in the know he'd realize, even
> at that early date, that an ocean strike was mathematically
> likely and being on a boat (or an island for that matter) was
> not the wisest course of action.
>
> Ensure, IMHO, is a horrible survival option unless you have
> mega-bucks. I prices the stuff out once for fitness reasons
> and was amazed how expensive the stuff was. I priced it out
> as an alternative for expensive protein drinks (pre and/or
> post workout protein). Want a cheap protein pick-me-up?
> Eat a can of tuna. It has at least twice as much protein
> as a can of Ensure (or a Powerbar) and costs less than a buck.

The can of tuna does not have the additional vitamins and minerals that the
Ensure has, and working out does not mean that you need ONLY protein.

However, you still don't need the Ensure. Eat your veggies with your tuna and
you get a better benefit. If you want to prepare for being underground and
being unable to grow anything, go to your local warehouse store and spend
about $10 on a megabig bottle of multivitamins while you stock up on your tuna
(or, my preference, stocking up on the grains and soybeans which give you
multivitamins as well as protein). A can of tuna and a multivitamin pill will
still cost you less than a buck.

Kynvelyn

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

In article <6j8hkn$mp7$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, go...@discoverymail.com wrote:

>In article <199805101932...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> trekk...@aol.com (Trekker235) wrote:
>> you think whoever makes ENSURE payed to have all those government officals
>> stocking there houses and the big complex with it??? I would think that
>they
>> would be stocking MREs not a health drink???? Oh well thats hollywood for
>
>I saw it on Saturday as well. Did I miss something? I remember seeing the
>Ensure piled up on the one guy's dock but that was all I saw. Were there
>other scenes with Ensure in them?

The ensure was also in the kitchen scene where the reporter is hauled in by
the FBI.

I think whoever wrote the scenes for the left behind populace must have
watched the movie "On The Beach." Like the scene where the Beiderman rides
out on his neighbor's motorcycle with trash all over and no one around.

Minor complaints; The interstate is totaly jammed but everyone is sitting
in their cars instead of a line of people hiking along the side of the
road. The interstate is totally jammed but there is an empty side road 30
feet away that is completely clear. Why didn't anyone drive through the
fence? If the asteroid and space ship are matching velocities, wouldn't any
rocks from the asteroid be traveling at the same speed? Why were the rocks
and boulders hitting the ship at a hundred miles per hour? Solar wind might
push ice crystals and small particles that form the commet's tail but It
isn't enough to push rocks. The Ark was one cave complex. Wouldn't the govt
take over every known mine and cave complex?

I know the movie packed a lot into the time, but it would have been fun to
see a few clips about the animal rights people maybe plugged into the news
broadcasts or Jesse Jackson protesting the "fairness" of minority
representation in a random lottery. If there are profiteers and panic,
there are also the profits of doom and the cultists who claim devine
protection. Seems like the govt would put every cult leader on TV. The more
people who run to a cult for protection, the fewer the govt has to deal
with. Seems like the movie had three options for people, govt provided
shelter, bug out and wait to die or suicide.

D. P. Roberts

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

>I saw the same documentary. A boat just 50 miles from the impact notices only
>an extremly small 500 mile per hour ripple under the hull. No damage is done.
>
>The full effect is deep under water and only raises to the surface when the
>continental plate is reached. Then the wave forms .

That's true with earthquakes, because the "impact" is below the surface of
the water. Go to a lake and drop a rock in the water, and you'll see a large
surface wave. Drop a bigger rock in the water and you'll see a bigger wave.
The waves will increase in size with the speed of impact. The largest wave
will be generated as your body hits the water when the nearby fishermen
become irritated at your amateur science experiment.

Lord Kano

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

What I didn't understand about the movie is this. People who were in
several miles from the coast, like say Washington DC were cramming the
tops of buildings to escape the wave. Would it not make more sense to run
to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your
directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs? SCUBA equipment isn't
terribly expensive.

I think that several people would have dont it this way, run down to the
basement and carried SCUBA gear with them to breate until they could reach
the surface and breath normally again. Some people might have gone as far
as to pour cement above the basement/parking structure to slow in incoming
water and provide safety against possible hostile attacks from people who
couldn't find shelter.

Cent, Cent

LK

--
http://www.telerama.com/~lordkano

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
The following Signature contains profanity and sexual inuendos. If such things offend you, read no further.

Scarface only version.
Last updated 02/21/1998

"You can cry, but you'll still die. There'll be no tears in the end."
-No Tears: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"Boys used to die when I'l full of that fry. I'll be ampin' when I'm high so I say 'fuck' and just let bullets fly."
Ming of a Lunatc:Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"Black radio is beind disowned. Not by the other race. But it's own. A lot of bullshit records make hits. Because of who you know, cash flow, and politics."
Do it like a G.O.:Scarface(brad Jordan)

"I think it's time I paid a little visit, to my run down neighborhood cematary, to tally up the people I've buried."
Another Nigger in the Morgue: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"I'm rolling through your [neighbor]'hood and now my heart is filled with anger, you're at your sister's house and now your sister's life is in danger."
-No Tears: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"I sit alone in my four cornered room, staring at candles, dreaming of the people I've dismantled."
-Mind of a Lunatic: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"I can fall asleep lying next to a dead man"
-Another Nigger in the Morgue: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"Once I pull this motherfucker back, I'm [going to] leave the front part of your face down in your fucking lap!"
-Face Mob: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

"So off with your head bitch, [be] 'cause I don't fuck arourd with that return from the dead shit, I'm making sure I get you good, and if you're twitching like you're still alive, homie loc I wish you would, [be] 'cause that just gives me one more reason to grab the trigger of this motherfucking pistol and continue squeezing."
-He's Dead: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

D. P. Roberts

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

>tops of buildings to escape the wave. Would it not make more sense to run
>to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your
>directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs? SCUBA equipment isn't
>terribly expensive.

Getting smashed against a 60-story building is probably not the most
comfortable thing. I thought that someone might surf it, but the water would
be too powerful to "ride out."

After reviewing the movie, I thought it went okay until the scientist crashed
his Jeep. Then it got terribly slow and bogged down, even if Tea Leoni was
wearing a tight outfit. Then it picked up again toward the end. Most of the
parts on the shuttle were pretty good, and of course Morgan Freeman is always
good, even if a movie bites a big one.

Carl Donath

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

Lord Kano wrote:
> Would it not make more sense to run
> to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your
> directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs?

There's this little problem of being under 900 feet of water. Thats...how many
pounds per square inch? Crunch.

Never mind the building itself collapsing. Double crunch.

--------- The Millenium Bug: The nit that conquered the world. ------------

Lord Kano

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

That's assuming the you'd be under that level of water constantly. I
believe that in the movie the estimate was just over 3000 feet of water in
the wave, but a wave of that size would be followed by a void. The comet
fragment did not raise the level of the ocean by 900 feet, it just caused
a tidal wave. A 100 story building collapsing would no doub do you in,
but in the movie I saw scores of people on TOP of such buildings. Being
on top of that building would get you just as dead as being under it if it
fell.

LK

david hughes

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

Lord Kano <lordka...@telerama.com> wrote in article
<lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d8-22.dyn.telerama.com>...

Sorry , there's a hole in your logic. This is like saying" since most of
the time there is no load, the weight of an eighteen-wheeler driving over
my chest at 60 mph should be survivable since the average weight is so
low." Going from 1 atmosphere of pressure ( that which is surrounding you
now) to 25+ ( 900 feet of water) and back to 1 over the course of the
wave's passage over you (less than 30 seconds under any conditions) is not
going to bode well for your survival. A 3000 foot wave would make that
90+ atmospheres (1350+ psi). You would look like a jellyfish hung up on a
coral branch.

David Hughes

adob...@my-dejanews.com

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

In article <3569306c...@news.swbell.net>,
in...@montoya.net (D. P. Roberts) wrote:

> >tops of buildings to escape the wave. Would it not make more sense to run

> >to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your
> >directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs? SCUBA equipment isn't
> >terribly expensive.
>
> Getting smashed against a 60-story building is probably not the most
> comfortable thing. I thought that someone might surf it, but the water would
> be too powerful to "ride out."
>
> After reviewing the movie, I thought it went okay until the scientist crashed
> his Jeep. Then it got terribly slow and bogged down, even if Tea Leoni was
> wearing a tight outfit. Then it picked up again toward the end. Most of the
> parts on the shuttle were pretty good, and of course Morgan Freeman is always
> good, even if a movie bites a big one.

the scenes where people died because they were stuck in that parking lot that
used to be a freeway should wake up the clucks in denial. even in the film
(probably more so in real life) those with the strongest will to live had the
best chance. but the scene where they drew straws was very sad. because it
looks like americans have given up the biblical/traditional american ideal of
women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
saved makes me sick.

Lord Kano

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

In article <01bd843e$e7f565e0$fac4...@whc2312dh.shell.com>, "david
hughes" <DH98...@msxwhwtc.shell.com> wrote:

>Lord Kano <lordka...@telerama.com> wrote in article
><lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d8-22.dyn.telerama.com>...

One would only be subjected to that much pressure if the structure were to
become pressurized immediately. If you were, say, standing on a beach and
were hit with a 3000+ foot tidal wave you'd probably never know what hit
you. If one were 40 feet underground in a basement or a parking garage
and such a wave were to overtake the building above you, the wave would be
gone before your surroundings could reach anywhere near 90 atmospheres of
pressure.

LK

Lord Kano

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

In article <6k15hk$sbe$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>In article <3569306c...@news.swbell.net>,
> in...@montoya.net (D. P. Roberts) wrote:
>>

>> >tops of buildings to escape the wave. Would it not make more sense to run

>> >to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your

>> >directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs? SCUBA equipment isn't
>> >terribly expensive.
>>
>> Getting smashed against a 60-story building is probably not the most
>> comfortable thing. I thought that someone might surf it, but the water would
>> be too powerful to "ride out."
>>
>> After reviewing the movie, I thought it went okay until the scientist crashed
>> his Jeep. Then it got terribly slow and bogged down, even if Tea Leoni was
>> wearing a tight outfit. Then it picked up again toward the end. Most of the
>> parts on the shuttle were pretty good, and of course Morgan Freeman is always
>> good, even if a movie bites a big one.
>>

>the scenes where people died because they were stuck in that parking lot that
>used to be a freeway should wake up the clucks in denial. even in the film
>(probably more so in real life) those with the strongest will to live had the
>best chance. but the scene where they drew straws was very sad. because it
>looks like americans have given up the biblical/traditional american ideal of
>women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
>four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
>saved makes me sick.

Women and children first in a global catastrophe makes no sense to me.
After the dust settles ALL people will be needed. I could do more to
rebuild than a thirtysomething mother and her four year old daughter
combined. After all I can re-marry and have more kids. (J/K)

Please give us a break with the bible waving, huh?

George Bragg

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

Lord Kano wrote:

> One would only be subjected to that much pressure if the structure were to
> become pressurized immediately. If you were, say, standing on a beach and
> were hit with a 3000+ foot tidal wave you'd probably never know what hit
> you. If one were 40 feet underground in a basement or a parking garage
> and such a wave were to overtake the building above you, the wave would be
> gone before your surroundings could reach anywhere near 90 atmospheres of
> pressure.

The only question then is, how well is the structure above you going to
hold up to 90 atmospheres, not to mention the shearing force of the
liquid rushing past the building? Don't forget, on a lot of sky
scrapers the sides are just kinda hanging onto a metal framework.

The other thing is, if you're 40 feet under ground, which way is the
water going? Gravity might have something to say about the garage
entrance.

adob...@my-dejanews.com

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d6-06.dyn.telerama.com>,

a certain kind of "rebuilding" can only be done by women who are the only
ones who can give birth (the ultimate rebuilding!). the human race was
created to serve our Creator, not your astonishing ego.

Jeffrey Soreff

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

Lord Kano wrote:

> In article <6k15hk$sbe$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

[snipped]

> >best chance. but the scene where they drew straws was very sad. because it
> >looks like americans have given up the biblical/traditional american ideal of
> >women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
> >four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
> >saved makes me sick.
>
> Women and children first in a global catastrophe makes no sense to me.
> After the dust settles ALL people will be needed. I could do more to
> rebuild than a thirtysomething mother and her four year old daughter
> combined. After all I can re-marry and have more kids. (J/K)
>
> Please give us a break with the bible waving, huh?

I agree with "Lord Kano" completely.

D.P. Roberts, don't _assume_ that everyone agrees with
"women and children first". I, for one do *NOT* agree with it.

Jeffrey Soreff

standard disclaimer: I do not speak for my employer.

Lord Kano

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

In article <6k3p9q$98v$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>> Women and children first in a global catastrophe makes no sense to me.
>> After the dust settles ALL people will be needed. I could do more to
>> rebuild than a thirtysomething mother and her four year old daughter
>> combined. After all I can re-marry and have more kids. (J/K)
>>
>> Please give us a break with the bible waving, huh?
>>

>a certain kind of "rebuilding" can only be done by women who are the only
>ones who can give birth (the ultimate rebuilding!). the human race was
>created to serve our Creator, not your astonishing ego.

Who has the ego here? You assume that "your" view of why we are here and
who put is here is the only correct one. In case you haven't noticed MEN
are involved with the reproduction of our species just as are women.
Neither of us could live without the other (although sometimes it seems
like it would be preferable). You may wish to die and allow the women and
children to go ahead of you. I'll go at the same time as them and I'll
have not only my woman, but yours as well.

LK

Lord Kano

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

>Lord Kano wrote:
>
>> One would only be subjected to that much pressure if the structure were to
>> become pressurized immediately. If you were, say, standing on a beach and
>> were hit with a 3000+ foot tidal wave you'd probably never know what hit
>> you. If one were 40 feet underground in a basement or a parking garage
>> and such a wave were to overtake the building above you, the wave would be
>> gone before your surroundings could reach anywhere near 90 atmospheres of
>> pressure.
>
>The only question then is, how well is the structure above you going to
>hold up to 90 atmospheres, not to mention the shearing force of the
>liquid rushing past the building? Don't forget, on a lot of sky
>scrapers the sides are just kinda hanging onto a metal framework.

Not well, but if you've been reading my other statements you know that I'm
not talking about this as a primary method of survival, I am speaking of
stranded people who have the choice of top of a building or basement. In
deep impact they showed hundreds of people crammed onto the tops of
skyscrapers.

In the event of the building giving way I think one would stand a better
chance if you were in the basement.

>The other thing is, if you're 40 feet under ground, which way is the
>water going? Gravity might have something to say about the garage
>entrance.

I'm not talking about living down there. I'm talking about using it to
avoid a 3000 foot supersonic wave of water.

LK

ylm...@worldnet.att.net

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

Lord Kano wrote:

> Who has the ego here? You assume that "your" view of why we are here and
> who put is here is the only correct one. In case you haven't noticed MEN
> are involved with the reproduction of our species just as are women.
> Neither of us could live without the other (although sometimes it seems
> like it would be preferable).

sheerly from the reproductive aspect, not considering wartime needs, or
labor needs (which should be considered), you need far less men than
women to be making babies. which is also something to consider if you're
worried about repopulating the world. which i'm not.

Joe

Lord Kano

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

In article <6k6kan$8...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, ylm...@worldnet.att.net
wrote:

If we were to have the world go on the wa it currently is men would be
needed less than women, but in the event of a global disaster we'd be just
as necessary to rebuild the world.

If someone wants to live by the women and children first creedo, fine that
will just leave more women for men like me who live by "me and my family
as soon as possible"

LK

Joe

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

being a male myself, I think that a 30 yr old woman is going to be much
better company
than a 55 year old man!

dst...@shell1.tiac.net

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

x-archive-no: yes

adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
> four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
> saved makes me sick.

I'm sorry, but why?

Are women inherently morally superior to men, so they should automatically
have a greater right to life? I'm saying this even assuming that you
haven't been exposed to the feminists for the past 20 years screaming in
your ear that women are equal to men.

dst...@shell1.tiac.net

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

x-archive-no: yes

adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
> four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
> saved makes me sick.

And as for the children, certainly in my mind they are valuable. But
haven't the feminists been screaming in your other ear their god-given
right to murder their own children, as long as they are about to be born?
Perhaps such women's opinions should be respected.

dst...@shell1.tiac.net

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

x-archive-no: yes

adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> a certain kind of "rebuilding" can only be done by women who are the only
> ones who can give birth (the ultimate rebuilding!). the human race was
> created to serve our Creator, not your astonishing ego.

Unless you swallow the feminist line that men are only good as sperm
donors (and walking Automatic Teller Machines--this only applies if there
are no other feminists around), I do believe that men are also required in
that equation of having children.

But I will remember your point of view in case I ever have to decide
whether to save you, or some woman.

Diana Hagan

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

On Sat, 23 May 1998 09:50:00 -0400, ylm...@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>Lord Kano wrote:
>

>> Who has the ego here? You assume that "your" view of why we are here and
>> who put is here is the only correct one. In case you haven't noticed MEN
>> are involved with the reproduction of our species just as are women.
>> Neither of us could live without the other (although sometimes it seems
>> like it would be preferable).
>
>sheerly from the reproductive aspect, not considering wartime needs, or
>labor needs (which should be considered), you need far less men than
>women to be making babies. which is also something to consider if you're
>worried about repopulating the world. which i'm not.
>
>Joe

why stop with "far less men"? If what we are concerned about is
survival of the species, all we really need is a supply of frozen
sperm and some turkey basters. The resources necessary to keep the
sperm frozen would fall far short of the amount of extra calories and
space that men, being larger and faster-metabolismed than women, would
consume. Sure we'd miss you men, but, heck, we can just make some
more to take your place.

Diana

adob...@my-dejanews.com

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

In article <6k7l5t$b...@news-central.tiac.net>,

dst...@shell1.tiac.net wrote:

> x-archive-no: yes
>
> adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> > women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
> > four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
> > saved makes me sick.
>
> I'm sorry, but why?
>
> Are women inherently morally superior to men, so they should automatically
> have a greater right to life? I'm saying this even assuming that you
> haven't been exposed to the feminists for the past 20 years screaming in
> your ear that women are equal to men.

well in the immortal words of johnny carson "buy the premise, buy the bit".
the "premise" being that it is a long standing tradition in
judeo-christianity and in the usa that there should be an order to our
familys that filters out through society. that order is man,wife,child. the
man being the "head" of the family with all the responsibility that comes
with that. one of those responsibilites is to risk his life first, then the
woman(wife), if the situation warrants such. it's always been the traditional
american belief too. just look at the movie "titanic", women and children
first in the boats. that has always been our tradition. that's why i was
disgusted at seeing the "new" america in deep impact where the guys saved
themselves with no thought for (what should be) whatsoever. it has nothing
whatsoever to do with superiority!! men are not superior to women and women
are not superior to men. the screaming feminists have nothing to do with
anything, just ignore them. look at how they put down the "promise keepers"
simply because these men worship their Creator and as such recognise their
place as heads of the household. that naturally threatens the personal
political power of a screaming feminist. God will no longer continue to
bless this country if we do not WAKE UP! and judging from the way so many of
you want to abandon what is right for your own selfish
interests.................................................it may already be
too late.

William Winterholer

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

I just saw the movie yesterday and regret paying the ticket price for it. The survival part aside - the storyline was terrible. To begin with, what was the point of the astronomer being killed? Why waste precious movie time with something that adds nothing to the plot? I'll ignore the big bad truckdriver bit (yes, I AM a
trucker).

But, even some of the people I work with - whom have no Survivalist ideals - said, if they were told that a comet was going to be hitting in a year, they'd look for high ground. So what if the Government doesn't choose them for their precious ARK, who want's to trust them ANYWAY? All is not lost.

Bill

Coolmojo

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<6k90kk$1t9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

Well, here is something to think about two, what if one of those men had 3
children, was a single father or his wife was incappable to work, or just a
house wife for that matter. That man, keeps 4 people alive, if he dies, they
suffer and may die too. So if the chose is between a 4 year old kid, and a
40 year old man with 4 dependants, who's more important in the world? If the
4 year old dies, not much happens, the parents and other relatives will feal
the loss, ofcourse so would the relatives of the 40 year old man. But people
depend on the man for food, cloths. houseing ect ect, if you take that away,
you've now got 5 dead people, or atleast 1 dead, 4 near starveing, so, think
about it, who's more valuable?
To use the hierarchy of the family, the father would be the "head of the
household" well, just think about what happens when you cut of the head of a
person, the rest dies, same with a household....in one form or another.

Awesome1

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

In article <6k41va$1emo$1...@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>, Jeffrey Soreff <"sor...@vnet.ibm.com,
soreff"@fishkill.rscs> says...

> Lord Kano wrote:
> >
> > In article <6k15hk$sbe$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >
> [snipped]
> > >best chance. but the scene where they drew straws was very sad. because it
> > >looks like americans have given up the biblical/traditional american ideal of
> > >women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
> > >four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
> > >saved makes me sick.
> >
> > Women and children first in a global catastrophe makes no sense to me.
> > After the dust settles ALL people will be needed. I could do more to
> > rebuild than a thirtysomething mother and her four year old daughter
> > combined. After all I can re-marry and have more kids. (J/K)
> >
> > Please give us a break with the bible waving, huh?
>
> I agree with "Lord Kano" completely.
>
> D.P. Roberts, don't _assume_ that everyone agrees with
> "women and children first". I, for one do *NOT* agree with it.
>
> Jeffrey Soreff

That's pretty sad. Makes one wonder if survival is going
to be all that it's cracked up to be.

E. Vigilance

--
E-Mail to fire...@gate.net

Old Quote; "Necessity is the plea for every infringment of human liberty;
it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

New Quote; "For the children is the plea for every infringment of human liberty;
it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

E. Vigilance 1998

Awesome1

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

In article <35674f10....@nntp.a001.sprintmail.com>, d...@dkeep.com says...

> On Sat, 23 May 1998 09:50:00 -0400, ylm...@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>
> >Lord Kano wrote:
> >

> >> Who has the ego here? You assume that "your" view of why we are here and
> >> who put is here is the only correct one. In case you haven't noticed MEN
> >> are involved with the reproduction of our species just as are women.
> >> Neither of us could live without the other (although sometimes it seems
> >> like it would be preferable).
> >
> >sheerly from the reproductive aspect, not considering wartime needs, or
> >labor needs (which should be considered), you need far less men than
> >women to be making babies. which is also something to consider if you're
> >worried about repopulating the world. which i'm not.
> >
> >Joe
>
> why stop with "far less men"? If what we are concerned about is
> survival of the species, all we really need is a supply of frozen
> sperm and some turkey basters.

Yeah but why eat frozen food when when you can have
good ol home cooking. Besides, I can cook a mean turkey. ;)

Lord Kano

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Good Point.

Lord Kano

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

In article <MPG.fd2fcafa...@news.gate.net>,
keepl...@nothere.com (Awesome1) wrote:

Die if you want to. I'll be aroung to comfort all of the women that
outlive you.

LK

[...]

Lord Kano

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

>x-archive-no: yes

>adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
>> women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
>> four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old man gets
>> saved makes me sick.
>

>I'm sorry, but why?
>
>Are women inherently morally superior to men, so they should automatically
>have a greater right to life? I'm saying this even assuming that you
>haven't been exposed to the feminists for the past 20 years screaming in
>your ear that women are equal to men.

I hate to admit it, but I was watching Jerry Springer last week and a
woman who's been living as a man and her girlfriend were on the show and
had a confrontation with a real man. The tune of "She's just as much of a
man as any of you" changed to "What kind of man would hit a woman? She's
just a girl."

Feminists (for the PCU fans in the house-Womynists) only scream for
equality when it advances them to a status of superiority.

LK

Lord Kano

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

In article <6k90kk$1t9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>In article <6k7l5t$b...@news-central.tiac.net>,
> dst...@shell1.tiac.net wrote:
>>
>> x-archive-no: yes
>>
>> adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> > women and children first. the thought of a thirty year old mother and her
>> > four yr. old daughter being left for dead while a fifty-five yr. old
man gets
>> > saved makes me sick.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but why?
>>
>> Are women inherently morally superior to men, so they should automatically
>> have a greater right to life? I'm saying this even assuming that you
>> haven't been exposed to the feminists for the past 20 years screaming in
>> your ear that women are equal to men.
>>

>well in the immortal words of johnny carson "buy the premise, buy the bit".
>the "premise" being that it is a long standing tradition in
>judeo-christianity and in the usa that there should be an order to our
>familys that filters out through society. that order is man,wife,child. the
>man being the "head" of the family with all the responsibility that comes
>with that. one of those responsibilites is to risk his life first, then the
>woman(wife), if the situation warrants such. it's always been the traditional
>american belief too. just look at the movie "titanic", women and children
>first in the boats. that has always been our tradition. that's why i was
>disgusted at seeing the "new" america in deep impact where the guys saved
>themselves with no thought for (what should be) whatsoever. it has nothing
>whatsoever to do with superiority!! men are not superior to women and women
>are not superior to men. the screaming feminists have nothing to do with
>anything, just ignore them. look at how they put down the "promise keepers"
>simply because these men worship their Creator and as such recognise their
>place as heads of the household. that naturally threatens the personal
>political power of a screaming feminist. God will no longer continue to
>bless this country if we do not WAKE UP! and judging from the way so many of
>you want to abandon what is right for your own selfish
>interests.................................................it may already be
>too late.

For 440 years people who look like me have been anything but blessed in
this country. I make do. I work for all I get. I don't demand any
special treatment. Women and children first as a rule is as idiotic as
black people first, or Native Americans first.

Fastest runners first.

LK

Awesome1

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d6-17.dyn.telerama.com>, lordka...@telerama.com
says...

> In article <MPG.fd2fcafa...@news.gate.net>,
> keepl...@nothere.com (Awesome1) wrote:
>
> >In article <6k41va$1emo$1...@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>, Jeffrey Soreff
> <"sor...@vnet.ibm.com,
> >soreff"@fishkill.rscs> says...

> adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >> >
> >> [snipped]
> because it
> ideal of
> man gets

> >> I agree with "Lord Kano" completely.
> >>
> >> D.P. Roberts, don't _assume_ that everyone agrees with
> >> "women and children first". I, for one do *NOT* agree with it.
> >>
> >> Jeffrey Soreff
> >

> > That's pretty sad. Makes one wonder if survival is going
> >to be all that it's cracked up to be.
> >

> > E. Vigilance
>
> Die if you want to. I'll be aroung to comfort all of the women that
> outlive you.

You missed the point. But then somehow I'm not surprised.
As for the women, they've assured me they have no intention
of letting me die.

adob...@my-dejanews.com

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

lordka...@telerama.com (Lord Kano) wrote:

> In article <6k90kk$1t9$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, adob...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> >In article <6k7l5t$b...@news-central.tiac.net>,
> > dst...@shell1.tiac.net wrote:
> >>
> >> x-archive-no: yes

> man gets

our Creator has given us both the free will to decide how we'll live our
lives, in the end we'll both answer for our choices. let's just agree to
disagree about this issue citizen kano.

goat

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98
to Lord Kano

Lord Kano wrote:
Fastest runners first.

Some of your ancestor's friends must have run faster then they did.

Goat!

Steve Spence

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

well, I'm no longer a sperm donor (the wife had me fixed ;-)) but she thinks
I make a good walking ATM. however, every moral ethical male has an impulse
to protect women, as do women to protect children.

Cosmic Charlie

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

> That's assuming the you'd be under that level of water constantly. I
> believe that in the movie the estimate was just over 3000 feet of water
in
> the wave, but a wave of that size would be followed by a void. The comet

3,000 feet of water would be a LOT of pressure. Not only would the walls in
the building likely collapse, but YOU would likely collapse.

Lord Kano

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

In article <MPG.fd3c4b41...@news.gate.net>,

keepl...@nothere.com (Awesome1) wrote:
>> Die if you want to. I'll be aroung to comfort all of the women that
>> outlive you.
>
> You missed the point. But then somehow I'm not surprised.
>As for the women, they've assured me they have no intention
>of letting me die.
>

> E. Vigilance

If they are saved and you are not, because women and children went first.
What alternative do they have?

LK

Lord Kano

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

Actually it was slowest runners on the boat first.

LK

Lord Kano

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

In article <01bd89bb$bb12c0e0$acf2...@ctboga6.monsanto.com>, "Cosmic
Charlie" <bo...@inlink.com> wrote:

When moving at supersonic speeds a 3000+ foot wall of water would have
little time to build up alot of pressure unless you were IN it at the
bottom.

LK

Tim May

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d6-25.dyn.telerama.com>,
lordka...@telerama.com (Lord Kano) wrote:

"Lord Kano," your understanding of physics is woefully lacking (shown in
this and in many other posts).

The "time to build up pressure" is determined by the speed of sound. The
pressure wave moves at the speed of sound, to first order.

One atmosphere of additional pressure (over the usual sea-level pressure
of 1 atmosphere or about 15 pounds per square inch) comes with each 30
feet of water head. At 120 feet, a total of 5 atmospheres, or 4
atmospheres above normal.

(The deepest I've ever dived was to about 120 feet.)

A 3000+ foot wall of water would be like being taken down to 3000 feet in
a matter of seconds: instant crushing of anything not armored like a
bathysphere...and probably even a bathysphere, as it would not have the
hours needed to raise the internal pressure.

And when the wave passed, instant explosive decompression.

All of the nonsense about getting SCUBA gear and hiding under manhole
covers...well, some people appear to have skipped their high school
physics class.

--Tim May

--
Just Say No to "Big Brother Inside"
Timothy C. May | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,

Lord Kano

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article <tcmay-27059...@santacruz-x2-5.got.net>, tc...@got.net
(Tim May) wrote:

>"Lord Kano," your understanding of physics is woefully lacking (shown in
>this and in many other posts).
>
>The "time to build up pressure" is determined by the speed of sound. The
>pressure wave moves at the speed of sound, to first order.
>
>One atmosphere of additional pressure (over the usual sea-level pressure
>of 1 atmosphere or about 15 pounds per square inch) comes with each 30
>feet of water head. At 120 feet, a total of 5 atmospheres, or 4
>atmospheres above normal.
>
>(The deepest I've ever dived was to about 120 feet.)
>
>A 3000+ foot wall of water would be like being taken down to 3000 feet in
>a matter of seconds: instant crushing of anything not armored like a
>bathysphere...and probably even a bathysphere, as it would not have the
>hours needed to raise the internal pressure.
>
>And when the wave passed, instant explosive decompression.
>
>All of the nonsense about getting SCUBA gear and hiding under manhole
>covers...well, some people appear to have skipped their high school
>physics class.

Actually I am rembering things from physics class. The wave moving
horizontally at supersonic speeds would be less likely to exert crushing
pressure upon things below it.

A fluid like water, or air for that matter exerts less pressure as it
moves faster. Or are you going to tell me that the airfoil is nonsense
too?

Lord Kano

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article
<EB42C0ABB86E2B47.64CE41A6...@library-proxy.airnews.net>,
slh...@airmail.net (Sam Hall) wrote:

>The law is very clear and you could be charged with a crime by letting
>the women go first. You wanted equal rights, now live with it.
>
>Really, after years of having it pounded into their heads that women
>are to be treated the same as men, do you think that modern man is
>going to say "women and children first?"

I think the farthest it will go in that direction is "My woman and
children first(and me second)"

LK

Tim May

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d8-16.dyn.telerama.com>,
lordka...@telerama.com (Lord Kano) wrote:

> >All of the nonsense about getting SCUBA gear and hiding under manhole
> >covers...well, some people appear to have skipped their high school
> >physics class.
>
> Actually I am rembering things from physics class. The wave moving
> horizontally at supersonic speeds would be less likely to exert crushing
> pressure upon things below it.

Nope. Hydrostatic pressure is isotropic (the same in all directions).
Under that head of water, the pressure will be about 100 atmospheres, in
all directions.

> A fluid like water, or air for that matter exerts less pressure as it
> moves faster. Or are you going to tell me that the airfoil is nonsense
> too?

There are no meaningful Bernoulli effects with a 3000-foot high head of water!

I give up on you, though. You're not educable.

Lord Kano

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

In article <tcmay-28059...@santacruz-x2-3-52.got.net>,
tc...@got.net (Tim May) wrote:

>In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-2...@d8-16.dyn.telerama.com>,
>lordka...@telerama.com (Lord Kano) wrote:
>

>> >All of the nonsense about getting SCUBA gear and hiding under manhole
>> >covers...well, some people appear to have skipped their high school
>> >physics class.
>>
>> Actually I am rembering things from physics class. The wave moving
>> horizontally at supersonic speeds would be less likely to exert crushing
>> pressure upon things below it.
>
>Nope. Hydrostatic pressure is isotropic (the same in all directions).
>Under that head of water, the pressure will be about 100 atmospheres, in
>all directions.

So, underneath the plug in the bottom of a swimming pool there is the same
amount of pressure as above it? When there is a structure, or matter
above you to at least give you limited protection from the water you have
a greater chance of survival that being out in the open.

>> A fluid like water, or air for that matter exerts less pressure as it
>> moves faster. Or are you going to tell me that the airfoil is nonsense
>> too?
>
>There are no meaningful Bernoulli effects with a 3000-foot high head of water!
>
>I give up on you, though. You're not educable.

I'm not here to have you educate me. However, if this means you'll
finally shut up, I welcome it.

LK

Tim May

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

In article <199805300528...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
mwh...@aol.com (MWHolz) wrote:

> This argument about riding out a "Deep Impact" type wave is rediculous. Water
> is what shapes the continents. Running water gouged out the grand canyon. It
> formed most of my current home, Florida, like a big sand bar. What makes some
> of you think you can resist this force with SCUBA gear. If this type of wave
> hit, the new coastline of the U.S could be tens if not a hundred or more miles
> west of where it is now scouring you out of your little protective hole like a
> sand flea. Or on the other hand you may find yourself under many-many feet of
> sediment and/or debris leaving you the property of some distant future
> paleontologist. Who cares if you drown or are crushed either way your history.

But, but, but, Lord Kano thinks that some kind of Bernoulli force will let
him ride out this pressure wave by sitting under some kind of manhole
cover. Never mind that the 3000-foot high wave, as stipulated for this
exercise, will literally scour the continent down to bedrock.

I'm comforted by the growing realization that so many of the modern
"survivalists" are products of the New Education. They were getting in
touch with their Inner Child instead of studying the physics and math and
chemistry and wood shop and economics and such that my generation learned.

Maybe Lord Kano can get a Spiky Hair haircut and just become one of the
Cannibal Welfare Addicts. With SCUBA gear, of course.

goat

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98
to Lord Kano

Lord Kano wrote: >

> Actually it was slowest runners on the boat first.
>
> LK

So what you're saying is your somewhere in the middle?
ROFL.

Goat!

MWHolz

Oiled Lamp

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

> In article <3562D201...@ei.kodak.com>, ctdo...@kodak.com wrote:
>
> >Lord Kano wrote:
> >> Would it not make more sense to run
> >> to the basement of the building where the wave won't be smacking your
> >> directly, but will have to seem in from upstairs?
> >
> >There's this little problem of being under 900 feet of water. Thats...how many
> >pounds per square inch? Crunch.
> >
> >Never mind the building itself collapsing. Double crunch.
> >
> >--
> >Carl Donath http://www.ei.kodak.com/~donath
> > http://www2.rpa.net/~ctdonath
> >--------- The Millenium Bug: The nit that conquered the world. ------------

> That's assuming the you'd be under that level of water constantly. I
> believe that in the movie the estimate was just over 3000 feet of water in
> the wave, but a wave of that size would be followed by a void. The comet
> fragment did not raise the level of the ocean by 900 feet, it just caused
> a tidal wave. A 100 story building collapsing would no doub do you in,
> but in the movie I saw scores of people on TOP of such buildings. Being
> on top of that building would get you just as dead as being under it if it
> fell.
>
> LK

I just saw the movie last night. I noticed people on top of the
buildings, too, and for a second I felt happy for them because I
thought, great, they've found a way to survive. Then they showed the
same New York skyline sinking beneath the ocean without any survivors
aboard. The buildings were _destroyed._ Did you not see the shot
underneath the water with the Statue of Liberty's head floating down
atop all the remains of those skyscrapers? Forget water pressure -- it's
a stupid idea because you would be buried alive whether or not your
shelter collapsed because of all the rubble piling on top of it, even if
the water pressure didn't kill you (which it would once the wave fell,
you would suddenly be immersed beneath a few hundred feet of water
without having been pressurized, maybe even before if what they're
saying about the pressure under the hump of the wave is correct). I
wouldn't try it, but hey, if you want to, go right ahead.

I liked the movie. I think it painted a pretty good picture of what
might happen in such a circumstance. I also liked it because I've
recently got a copy of the works of a scientist named Immanuel
Velikovsky who did a lot of research into heavenly bodies' collisions
with the earth and the effects, particurlarly in relation to the events
in the Old Testament, prophecies of the Bible, and other such texts in
human history. His research is frighteningly good and convincing. I
recommend them highly for all survivalists interested in learning about
the possibility of such an event occuring and what it would be like in
the natural world when it did. Here are the titles if anyone is
interested,

"Worlds in Collision," Immanuel Velikovsky, ISBN # 0-385-04541-7
"Earth in Upheaval," "", ISBN # 0-385-04113-6
He also has two other books, "Ages in Chaos" and "Oedipus and Akhnaton,"
but I haven't gotten copies of those yet and don't know the ISBN's.

Life's tough, pray hard,
Amber Satterwhite
a.k.a. Oiled Lamp

Lord Kano

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Being trapped by sediment is a possibility that I never considered. But
we are talking about a wave, a temporary rise in water levels. This is
not the melting of polar ice. To borrow from the movie, the waters will
recede. I'm not talking about trying to defeat such a force of nature,
only survive it.

LK

Ulysses

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

In article <lordkaNO.SPAM-3...@d8-05.dyn.telerama.com>,
lordka...@telerama.com (Lord Kano) wrote:

I think the best way to "ride it out" is to actually ride it. Perhaps if
you took a small boat out away from land you could simply let the wave go
underneith you. Of course this is a 3000 foot wave, so maybe not, but it
seems like if the wave doesn't crash on you, you should be able to just
bob over it like a cork. It would be one hell of a ride though...

John

Oiled Lamp

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

Ulysses wrote:
> I think the best way to "ride it out" is to actually ride it. Perhaps if
> you took a small boat out away from land you could simply let the wave go
> underneith you. Of course this is a 3000 foot wave, so maybe not, but it
> seems like if the wave doesn't crash on you, you should be able to just
> bob over it like a cork. It would be one hell of a ride though...
>
> John

Along the same lines, I was surprised not to see some surfers out there
at the end of the movie. You'd think there'd be some guys thinking,
"Dude, the Kahuna has come for me!" Sort of like those people on the
roof of the building in L.A. during Independence Day. :D

Ronnie Shelor

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

I went this weekend to see it and was very pleased. I must say that it
was the quietest movie I ever sat through. No jibber-jabber from the
other movie goers at all! Made me wonder what was going through
people's heads. Maybe it opened some eyes!
If I had to chose my way of surviving the wave, I think I would take
to the air. Get a sturdy hot air ballon + supplies, get above it all
and head inland. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure the
basket floats, just in case. -RLS

Lord Kano

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

In article <odysseus-300...@olympus.stanford.edu>,
odys...@ithica.org (Ulysses) wrote:

>I think the best way to "ride it out" is to actually ride it. Perhaps if
>you took a small boat out away from land you could simply let the wave go
>underneith you. Of course this is a 3000 foot wave, so maybe not, but it
>seems like if the wave doesn't crash on you, you should be able to just
>bob over it like a cork. It would be one hell of a ride though...
>
>John

If the wave were not of such mammoth proportions then perhaps. I remember
seeing something on the discovery channel about a hypothetical undersea
earthquake and if you were at sea only a few miles from the epicenter you
would only notice a minor increase in waves even though the shores were to
get battered with a massive tsunami.

LK

Lord Kano

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

In article <6kfpvp$g...@world2.bellatlantic.net>, "Steve Spence"
<ssp...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>well, I'm no longer a sperm donor (the wife had me fixed ;-)) but she thinks
>I make a good walking ATM. however, every moral ethical male has an impulse
>to protect women, as do women to protect children.

Don't you mean broken?

LK

D. P. Roberts

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

>we are talking about a wave, a temporary rise in water levels. This is
>not the melting of polar ice. To borrow from the movie, the waters will
>recede. I'm not talking about trying to defeat such a force of nature,
>only survive it.

Water weighs about 8.8 pounds per gallon. Go stand in the surf or go to a
wave pool. If those are unavailable, have about five friends each get a
five-gallon bucket of water and simultaneously throw the water on you.
That's 25 gallons of water -- a bit over 200 pounds of water. See if you can
stand up or if you stagger.

Now multiply that by a bazillion and you'll see why you won't survive it
unless you are where it's not. If you are where it is, you won't be around.
Go away, then go back to where you were when it has gone away.

MWHolz

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

>If the wave were not of such mammoth proportions then perhaps. I remember
>seeing something on the discovery channel about a hypothetical undersea
>earthquake and if you were at sea only a few miles from the epicenter you
>would only notice a minor increase in waves even though the shores were to
>get battered with a massive tsunami.
>
>LK

I saw it also. A pressure wave is formed(in an earthquake) that may appear to
be only a slight heave at sea then becomes a tsunami when it reaches shallow
water. But with an asteroid impact you would have a blast wave and ejected
marine sediments falling back to earth to deal with also. I saw a formula not
to long ago that related how much ejecta would return to earth (some would make
it to orbit) and how far based on mass and angle of impact but I didn't save
it. Using the movie scenario you wouldn't make it through alive anywhere at
sea in the N. Atlantic.

Mike

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

> that's why i was
>disgusted at seeing the "new" america in deep impact where the guys saved
>themselves with no thought for (what should be) whatsoever. it has nothing
>whatsoever to do with superiority!!

And you believe Deep Impact? You mean that Propaganda Jewvie where they even
have a Rapper for a president. Never in a Million Years would men act like
that. The makers of movies (Jews) are enemies of the white race to begin
with. IF you don't think so just read the TALMUD. It shows why Jews have been
run out of every country. Some "new America". Praise the LORD that Jews,
Hollywood and Rappers and a whole lot of other scum will be wiped off the face
of the planet in the first year.

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>but I was watching Jerry Springer last week

nuff said.

But, anyone who watches a show where the Jews get mentally ill people to
assault and batter each other......

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>Perhaps such women's opinions should be respected.

Oops your spell checker is malfunctioning. Should be rejected.

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>The following Signature contains profanity and sexual inuendos. If such
>things offend you, read no further.

Warning: Rapper in duh hy youse.

What a maroon.

It will be so nice when all you rappers bite the big one.

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

http://www.telerama.com/~lordkano

>WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>The following Signature contains the words YOU ARE A VERY STUPID NIGGER . If

such
>things offend you, read no further.

YOU ARE A VERY STUPID NIGGER.

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

http://www.telerama.com/~lordkano>

Maybe Lord Kano can get a Spiky Hair haircut and just become one of the
>Cannibal Welfare Addicts. With SCUBA gear, of course.

He already is. Have you seen his Niggership's excuse for a web page?

Why are coons so quick to promote themselves to Lord and Queen and such?

FishLipper

Jun 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/6/98

>I remember
>seeing something on the discovery channel about a hypothetical undersea
>earthquake and if you were at sea only a few miles from the epicenter you
>would only notice a minor increase in waves even though the shores were to
>get battered with a massive tsunami.

No No No you stupid talking ape. A hypothetical undersea earthquake would not
make any waves.

Chuck Marsh

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

FishLipper wrote:

> And you believe Deep Impact? You mean that Propaganda Jewvie where they even
> have a Rapper for a president. Never in a Million Years would men act like
> that. The makers of movies (Jews) are enemies of the white race to begin
> with. IF you don't think so just read the TALMUD. It shows why Jews have been
> run out of every country. Some "new America". Praise the LORD that Jews,
> Hollywood and Rappers and a whole lot of other scum will be wiped off the face
> of the planet in the first year.

If you think this is two cents' worth, I am being overcharged! On your
way, youngster, and while on your way ponder this: Racism is going to
work against your survival, in nearly any societal emergency situation
you care to dream up.

--
+++ All best, from Chuck Marsh.
Those consigned to hell torment each other.

Ian Stirling

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

FishLipper <fishl...@aol.com> wrote:
:>I remember

Yes it does, read up on hydrology and geology.
As a simple experiment, lie at the bottom of a swimming pool, and detonate
a small explosive under the bottom of the pool.
Observe ripples

Please try this at home.

--
Ian Stirling. Designing a linux PDA, see http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806062032...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

>>I remember
>>seeing something on the discovery channel about a hypothetical undersea
>>earthquake and if you were at sea only a few miles from the epicenter you
>>would only notice a minor increase in waves even though the shores were to
>>get battered with a massive tsunami.
>>

>No No No you stupid talking ape. A hypothetical undersea earthquake would not
>make any waves.

Sure.

LK

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806062027...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

What state are you from fishy? I have a feeling that you wouldn't be so
quick to rant if I were looking into your eyes.

LK

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806062016...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

>>WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>>The following Signature contains profanity and sexual inuendos. If such

>>things offend you, read no further.
>

>Warning: Rapper in duh hy youse.
>
>What a maroon.
>
>It will be so nice when all you rappers bite the big one.

Um, I quoted rappers. That does not make me a rapper.

White people are lucky that most of them are not like you.

LK

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806062012...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

You use AOL and have the audacity to call someone else mentally ill?

Hahahahahahahhahhaahahahahahha

LK

FishLipper

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>If you think this is two cents' worth, I am being overcharged! On your
>way, youngster, and while on your way ponder this: Racism is going to
>work against your survival, in nearly any societal emergency situation
>you care to dream up.

Chuck You! UP CHUCK!

So you are saying if we let the Rapper and the Jew run everything like they
want, the Whites will survive?

FUCK YOU.

People that live on top of each other in the SHITTYs like cockroaches will not
survive long because they will kill each other.
YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
Rappers start killing each other just because of a verdict.
Wait till they get their BRO-Boxes turned off and no STOOGE stamps coming in.

And what are the JEW bastards going to do with no Banks and No Media to bias to
death?.

FishLipper

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>What state are you from fishy? I have a feeling that you wouldn't be so
>quick to rant if I were looking into your eyes.

Im from California ASSHOLE. And I am not ranting. And I will say these things
to your ugly talking APE face anytime you name the place.

FishLipper

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

>: No No No you stupid talking ape. A hypothetical undersea earthquake would
>not
>: make any waves.
>

>Yes it does, read up on hydrology and geology.
>As a simple experiment, lie at the bottom of a swimming pool, and detonate
>a small explosive under the bottom of the pool.
>Observe ripples
>
>Please try this at home.
>

>--
>Ian Stirling. Designing a linux PDA, see http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
>----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----
>Among a man's many good possessions, A good command of speech has no equal.

If you had any command of speech you bed-wetting faggot, you would know that a
HYPOTHETICAL earthquake cannot make any waves.

Ian Stirling

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

FishLipper <fishl...@aol.com> wrote:
:>: No No No you stupid talking ape. A hypothetical undersea earthquake would

:>not
:>: make any waves.
:>
:>Yes it does, read up on hydrology and geology.
:>As a simple experiment, lie at the bottom of a swimming pool, and detonate
:>a small explosive under the bottom of the pool.
:>Observe ripples
:>
:>Please try this at home.

: If you had any command of speech you bed-wetting faggot, you would know that a

: HYPOTHETICAL earthquake cannot make any waves.

Oh Wow, What wit, What imagination, what command of the english language.

If you understood basic english, then you would know that the original
posters post quite clearly was referring to a hypothetical situation,
in which waves would be generated.

I suppose I should now call you a ignorant redneck, with a IQ even smaller
than your microscopic penis, the result of a mating between the village idiot,
and the local harlot, and point out that I never wet the bed, except from the
emissions of the tens of girls a night.

However, I can't be bothered.

--
Ian Stirling. Designing a linux PDA, see http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----

Prosperity and ruin issue from the power of the tongue.
Therefore, guard yourself against thoughtless speech.

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806072052...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

If you ever make it to Pittsburgh (That's in Pennsylvania by the way) drop
me a line.

LK

--
http://www.telerama.com/~lordkano

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
The following signature may contain profanity and/or sexual inuendos. If such things offend you, read no further.

Last updated 02/21/1998

"So off with your head bitch, [be] 'cause I don't fuck arourd with that return from the dead shit, I'm making sure I get you good, and if you're twitching like you're still alive, homie loc I wish you would, [be] 'cause that just gives me one more reason to grab the trigger of this motherfucking pistol and continue squeezing."
-He's Dead: Scarface(Brad Jordan)

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <0000357B0...@mauve.demon.co.uk>, Ian Stirling
<0000357B0...@mauve.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I suppose I should now call you a ignorant redneck, with a IQ even smaller
>than your microscopic penis, the result of a mating between the village idiot,
>and the local harlot, and point out that I never wet the bed, except from the
>emissions of the tens of girls a night.
>
>However, I can't be bothered.

You're quite the stud there huh Ian?

Lord Kano

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

In article <199806072050...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
fishl...@aol.com (FishLipper) wrote:

> >If you think this is two cents' worth, I am being overcharged! On your
>>way, youngster, and while on your way ponder this: Racism is going to
>>work against your survival, in nearly any societal emergency situation
>>you care to dream up.
>
>Chuck You! UP CHUCK!
>
>So you are saying if we let the Rapper and the Jew run everything like they
>want, the Whites will survive?

Although more numerous in north america than in most other places, white
people tend to be less durable during catastrophic events. Some of every
group of people will survive, but thank goodness that Darwin was right on
several points. People like you won't.

>FUCK YOU.

What a vocabulary. Your mother must be proud.

>People that live on top of each other in the SHITTYs like cockroaches will not
>survive long because they will kill each other.
>YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
>Rappers start killing each other just because of a verdict.

Get over it, you lost the OJ case and eventually the Rodney King case.

>Wait till they get their BRO-Boxes turned off and no STOOGE stamps coming in.
>
>And what are the JEW bastards going to do with no Banks and No Media to bias to
>death?.

Are you deranged? Let me remind you that most of the people on welfare
are white.

Charles Scripter

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

FishLipper <fishl...@aol.com> wrote:

> Im from California ASSHOLE. And I am not ranting.

Indeed! It seems that you are truly a California asshole, as you so
loudly boast...

> And I will say these things
> to your ugly talking APE face anytime you name the place.

The sound of yet another troll, landing in my kill file... *PLONK*

Now run along and play in a busy street somewhere...

--
Charles Scripter * cescr...@portup.edu or al...@traverse.lib.mi.us
Send me NO unsolicited commercial email!

It is loading more messages.