Making Your Own Lidocaine?

1 view

Ethan Jones

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
My dentist mentioned the other day that he used to
make lidocaine(sp) when he was in dental school.
Does anyone know the details involved in this and
what chemicals and equipment might be needed. And
maybe suggest a good book on organic chemistry.

ALogan3

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Geez, just buy oragel or lanacaine. It is the same stuff. apply then cover
with plastic wrap for 20 min to an hour and you are NUMB!!

Progun308

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
>My dentist mentioned the other day that he used to
>make lidocaine(sp) when he was in dental school.
>Does anyone know the details involved in this and
>what chemicals and equipment might be needed

Why didn't you just ask your dentist?
He can also tell you if lidocane is a controlled substance. Why take the
chance of having DEA or your local narc's storming into your house and being
arrested for illegal drug manufacturing.
James
A proud member of:
The NRA
The vast right wing conspiracy
PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Ben &

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Right. Better to play it safe and ask your dentist before
manufacturing it..

CNN "Here we are in the bunker of another Y2K crazed fanatical
survivalist who was stopped from mass producing a batch of terrorist
gum number, known on the street as "Lido" !!

The combined DEA and BTF unit heroically managed to kill the
terrorist chemist and blew up his bunker before his red kidney beans
and mashed potatoe mix stockpiles could do any harm to the
surrounding community. "

Old Guy

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
Ben Dir & Don Datt wrote:

> Right. Better to play it safe and ask your dentist before
> manufacturing it..

Well, if you ask a lawyer you'll have to pay a legal consultation fee.
Same way with asking doctors medical questions, etc. I always get my
advice on various subjects from my bartender -- it saves alot of time
running around, ... especially since I'm usually there anyway.

Just kidding ;-)

Old Guy

snip

MindYurOwn

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99
>Subject: Re: Making Your Own Lidocaine?
>From: alo...@aol.com (ALogan3)
>Date: Tue, 23 November 1999 07:24 AM EST

I believe you can buy up to 4% lidocaine legally OTC.You wouldn't really need
much more than that would you?myo

David Moffitt

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99

"Ethan Jones" <exe...@gte.net> wrote in message
> My dentist mentioned the other day that he used to
> make lidocaine(sp) when he was in dental school.
> Does anyone know the details involved in this and
> what chemicals and equipment might be needed. And
> maybe suggest a good book on organic chemistry.

%%% Hummm. There was a highschool chemestry teacher that posted how you
could make homemade insulin, maybe he knows how to make homemade lidocaine!

David Moffitt Lifetime NRA Member----and damn proud of it!

----------------- Wisemore's Corollary Of Common Sense ------------------
If it looks, walks, quacks, and flys like a duck - it's probably a duck...
But some idiots who don't want ducks will still insist it's a mutant,
tar & feathered, helium-filled dog.

.

David Moffitt

Nov 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/23/99

"MindYurOwn" <mindy...@aol.com> wrote in message
%%% This call for a burning question: WHY? Why do you want to make
lidocaine?

David Moffitt Lifetime NRA Member and damn proud of it!

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to
guard and defend it." DANIEL WEBSTER, Speech, June 3, 1834

.

The Gunrunner

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
David Moffitt wrote:>
> > My dentist mentioned the other day that he used to
> > make lidocaine(sp) when he was in dental school.
> > Does anyone know the details involved in this and
> > what chemicals and equipment might be needed.
=============

It's neither controlled or cared about by the American Moron Association
(AMA). It numbs the skin, the gums and most mucus membranes.

But, then again, so does Southern Comfort.

The Gunrunner
"The meek may inherit the Earth, but they won't keep it past Saturday
night!"
http://www.survival.com.mx/gunrun.html (personal page)
http://www.survival.com.mx/ (Corporate entrance page)

Cal & Tina Baize

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
As a physician I only use 1 & 2%. Maybe 4% but you don't need it and none
of the injectables are OTC. Can have life threatening hypersensitivity
especially if injected into circulation. Aspirate first!

Cal D. Baize