need a tractor ?

hub...@ccanoemail.com

Aug 21, 2022, 8:59:58 PM8/21/22
A local auction sale :

Selling Approximately 500 Antique Tractors, 300 Pieces Of Antique
Equipment, 600 Tractor Weights, 75 Antique Lawn Mowers, Antique Hit &
Miss Engines, Gas Pumps, Milk Cans, Fenders, Tires & Rims, Antique
Chainsaws, Antique Horse Drawn Equipment, Antique Tractor Parts & Tin
Work And Much More!

https://www.theauctionadvertiser.com/cgi-bin/nslsearcx.pl?s1=20220825

< scroll down to the last auction >

John T.

Dean Hoffman

Aug 24, 2022, 8:47:43 AM8/24/22
I didn't take a close look since I'm not in the market for a tractor. The 8N Fords are
still really popular in my area of Nebraska.

hub...@ccanoemail.com

Aug 24, 2022, 10:01:39 AM8/24/22
4 or 5 8N s at this sale - one had dual wheels !

https://www.agdealer.com/pages/index.cfm?PortalID=525&PageNumber=1&ClientID=5636&newsearch=1&currentIndustryID=1&Category=0&Type=0&Make=0&keyword=8n&Submit=Search

I'm certainly not in the market for a tractor either
but enjoy browsing through a collection like this.
John T.

Dean Hoffman

Aug 24, 2022, 3:42:42 PM8/24/22
Dad had a 1948 8N. It had a high and low range for the transmission and one way hydraulics.
The one thing that was a pain in the butt was the distributor in the front of the engine. I'm not sure
anymore if it had a crank start as a backup to the regular starter.
He had a front end loader, a three point mount scoop, a 3 point blade, a cultivator, a lister, a regular planter, a 3 pt. home made crane, a sickle mower, and a post hole digger for it. Most of that stuff was Dearborn brand. The post hole digger was a really oddball thing. I couldn't find another one on the internet.
He had a set of narrow tires for the times he listed his corn rather instead of using the regular planter. The planter might've been adapted from horse drawn.
My brother and I kept the blade when we traded the tractor.

Dean Hoffman

Aug 24, 2022, 3:51:33 PM8/24/22
On Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 9:01:39 AM UTC-5, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
The one in your picture has the narrow front tires. The Fords also had a reserve for the gas tank. One opened the valve a couple turns for regular use, then turn it another round or two to use the reserve. Motorcycles used to have something like that long ago.