Chicken worms

Stumpy

Aug 28, 2021, 12:13:59 PMAug 28
Found a roundworm in the last hen I sacrificed. Bought a 4.2 oz. bottle
of Safe-Guard dewormer for goats(Fenbendazole, 100mg/mL) at Tractor
Supply. Calculated the dose for 10 hens @ ~5lbs each.

Google told me that standard protocol is 1mg/Kg body weight daily dose
for a 5 day course.

So I'm giving them 1mg/Kg X 25Kg = 25mg/day

This is just a 1/4 mL of the 10% suspension I bought.

Seems minuscule.

Just asking if I made some error?

I mix it up in a 1gal. container and let them drink from a small tub.
It's been ~100deg. and they drink all the water every day.

Dean Hoffman

Aug 28, 2021, 8:20:41 PMAug 28
You might be better off asking the alt.home.repair group. At least there are some
posters there. One is a retired chemist.

Stumpy

Aug 29, 2021, 12:57:11 PMAug 29
On 8/28/21 5:20 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> Safe-Guard dewormer for goats(Fenbendazole, 100mg/mL)

S'Ok. I'm in the middle of the treatment and will re-treat in 5 weeks.
Someone who's been through this may have a comment. So far so good.