Google Pays Apple $8-12 Billion Per Year to be Default iOS Search Engine

Arlen Holder

Oct 25, 2020, 11:11:09 PM10/25/20
Verbatim, because apologists brazenly deny facts they _hate_ about Apple
o Fact is, these apologists happen to hate a _LOT_ about Apple indeed

"Competitors like DuckDuckGo, a small search engine
that sells itself as a privacy-focused alternative to Google,
could never match Google's tab with Apple."

o Apple, Google and a Deal That Controls the Internet
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/25/technology/apple-google-search-antitrust.html>

"Apple now receives an estimated $8 billion to $12 billion in annual
payments, up from $1 billion a year in 2014, in exchange for
building Google's search engine into its products."

"It is probably the single biggest payment that Google makes to anyone
and accounts for 14 to 21 percent of Apple's annual profits."

See also:
o What is the most brilliant marketing move Apple ever made?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/wW-fu0jsvAU>
--
Apple is all (brilliant) MARKETING and the lowest R&D % in all high tech.

badgolferman

Oct 26, 2020, 4:51:57 PM10/26/20
Follow the money! Words rarely convey the truth.

Arlen Holder

Oct 26, 2020, 5:12:16 PM10/26/20
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:51:52 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> Follow the money! Words rarely convey the truth.

Hi badgolferman,

*While MARKETING paints walls with privacy - Apple actions show otherwise*.

You're not an apologist, so you can "see" what Apple & Google actually do.
o I agree with you, we 'hear' well, but we 'see' even better.

Notice a few key things that come of this realization that Google's single
biggest payment is to Apple & that it amounts to 1/5th of Apple's revenue!

Those aren't small numbers - so you know what's really going on.
o *Apple is whoring out the loyal users' privacy purely for financial gain*

I've never said Apple was stupid, where they make ungodly profits out of
playing their (admittedly loyal) simpleton gullible customer like a fiddle.

*While MARKETING paints walls with privacy - Apple actions show otherwise*.
--
Apple plays loyal gullible customers like a fiddle for ungodly profit.