Apple Music account

Dale

Jan 27, 2022, 10:42:32 PM1/27/22
How do I use my Apple Music account on my iPhone6?

--
Mystery? -> https://www.dalekelly.org/

nospam

Jan 27, 2022, 10:50:22 PM1/27/22
In article <ssvon7$c8l$1...@dont-email.me>, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>
wrote:

> How do I use my Apple Music account on my iPhone6?

by using the music app. is this a trick question?

Dale

Jan 27, 2022, 10:55:19 PM1/27/22
I guess I don't know how it works in the music app, I will experiment
and do some www searches

anyone know how?

Joerg Lorenz

Jan 28, 2022, 12:36:40 AM1/28/22
Am 28.01.22 um 04:55 schrieb Dale:
> On 1/27/2022 10:50 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <ssvon7$c8l$1...@dont-email.me>, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I use my Apple Music account on my iPhone6?
>>
>> by using the music app. is this a trick question?
>
> I guess I don't know how it works in the music app, I will experiment
> and do some www searches
>
> anyone know how?

Open the app and use it. Nothing particular about it.
What is the concrete problem?

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Jolly Roger

Jan 29, 2022, 11:12:16 AM1/29/22
On 2022-01-28, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
> On 1/27/2022 10:50 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <ssvon7$c8l$1...@dont-email.me>, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I use my Apple Music account on my iPhone6?
>>
>> by using the music app. is this a trick question?
>
> I guess I don't know how it works in the music app, I will experiment
> and do some www searches
>
> anyone know how?

Answers to most questions like this are right on Apple's website:

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204951>

JR

Dale

Jan 29, 2022, 8:50:22 PM1/29/22
On 1/29/2022 11:12 AM, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2022-01-28, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:
>> On 1/27/2022 10:50 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> by using the music app. is this a trick question?
>>
>> I guess I don't know how it works in the music app, I will experiment
>> and do some www searches
>>
>> anyone know how?
>
> Answers to most questions like this are right on Apple's website:
>
> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204951>

Thank You!!!!

Worked.

Lourdes Perdon

Feb 10, 2022, 5:15:51 AM2/10/22
Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to U.S. music and you can't find too much German or Canadian one. Plus you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.

Buster Solomon

Feb 10, 2022, 8:43:06 AM2/10/22
Well baby you still have to think of where to look for your music. Almost nobody will let me convert it into MP3 either. They want me to listen to it on my smartphone, but no way I carry this spade with me all the time. I want to use https://mp3juice.link for MP3 downloads and would like to ask you if you have already heard of that, darling.

Jolly Roger

Feb 10, 2022, 10:58:19 AM2/10/22
On 2022-02-10, Lourdes Perdon <lourdesp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to U.S.
> music and you can't find too much German or Canadian one.

So get your German and Canadian music elsewhere and add it to your music
library.

> Plus you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.

I've added my own CDs and MP3s to my Apple Music/iTunes libraries for
decades now. I don't subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service.

-hh

Feb 10, 2022, 10:59:38 AM2/10/22
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 5:15:51 AM UTC-5, Lourdes Perdon wrote:
> Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to U.S. music and you can't find too
> much German or Canadian one. Plus you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.

Its been awhile, but I've not had any problems in importing music into iTunes from
external sources...both from physical CDs as well as MP3 files. This has included
some CDs I bought in Germany & brought home.

-hh

sms

Feb 10, 2022, 1:46:27 PM2/10/22
He wants to go the other way, convert content stored on his phone to
MP3, or non-DRM M4P, files so he can listen to the music he's paid for
on other devices. The issue is that the songs on the phone have DRM.
Some non-free programs let you do the conversion.

Jolly Roger

Feb 10, 2022, 2:39:05 PM2/10/22
On 2022-02-10, sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/2022 7:59 AM, -hh wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 5:15:51 AM UTC-5, Lourdes Perdon wrote:
>>> Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to
>>> U.S. music and you can't find too much German or Canadian one. Plus
>>> you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>> Its been awhile, but I've not had any problems in importing music
>> into iTunes from external sources...both from physical CDs as well as
>> MP3 files. This has included some CDs I bought in Germany & brought
>> home.
>
> He wants to go the other way, convert content stored on his phone to
> MP3, or non-DRM M4P, files so he can listen to the music he's paid for
> on other devices.

Music streaming services where you effectively rent access to the
service's huge library of music don't typically let you download music from
the streaming service to play anywhere without DRM. If that's what he
wants, he's simply being unreasonable.

Meanwhile, there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from adding
non-DRM songs from CDs, the iTunes Store, MP3s downloaded from the net,
and so on to their own music libraries and playing all of that music in
the Apple Music app. Works great, and no DRM is involved.

> The issue is that the songs on the phone have DRM.

Not if the songs in question came from your own music library or the
iTunes Store (rather than a music streaming service like Apple Music,
Spotify, and so on). Many of us use the Apple Music app to listen to our
music imported into our libraries from CDs, MP3s, and so on without DRM
or restrictions.

Songs from streaming services naturally have DRM and won't play if you
don't have a subscription to the streaming service. That's always been
the way it works with music streaming services. Is this news to some
folks?

Lewis

Feb 10, 2022, 3:59:45 PM2/10/22
In message <j6kr0p...@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2022-02-10, Lourdes Perdon <lourdesp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to U.S.
>> music and you can't find too much German or Canadian one.

> So get your German and Canadian music elsewhere and add it to your music
> library.

It's also not at all true. "Top 100: <country>" is a selection of
playlist that cover most countries.

<https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/top-100-mexico/pl.df3f10ca27b1479087de2cd3f9f6716b>

>> Plus you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.

> I've added my own CDs and MP3s to my Apple Music/iTunes libraries for
> decades now. I don't subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service.

M4a files are better than MP3s anyway.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog,
it's too dark to read.

Lewis

Feb 10, 2022, 4:00:54 PM2/10/22
You continue to lie. Music you buy from Apple is NOT DRMed.

--
'What can I do? I'm only human,' he said aloud. Someone said, Not all
of you. --Pyramids

Jolly Roger

Feb 10, 2022, 4:30:19 PM2/10/22
On 2022-02-10, Lewis <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <j6kr0p...@mid.individual.net> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-02-10, Lourdes Perdon <lourdesp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Apple music is good, but very limited. Your choice is limited to
>>> U.S. music and you can't find too much German or Canadian one.
>
>> So get your German and Canadian music elsewhere and add it to your
>> music library.
>
> It's also not at all true. "Top 100: <country>" is a selection of
> playlist that cover most countries.
>
><https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/top-100-mexico/pl.df3f10ca27b1479087de2cd3f9f6716b>
>
>>> Plus you can't download MP3s so thanks, but no thanks.
>
>> I've added my own CDs and MP3s to my Apple Music/iTunes libraries for
>> decades now. I don't subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service.
>
> M4a files are better than MP3s anyway.

Indeed.

And if you subscribe to Apple's iTunes Match service (which makes your
entire library of non-DRM music available for on-demand streaming on all
of your devices and lets you save tons of space and hassle downloading
them to each device), as a huge bonus you get to exchange your crappy
MP3 files for high-quality non-DRM M4A files, regardless of where your
crappy MP3s came from, which is very nice! I've converted most of my
music library this way, and love the ability to listen to all of it
on-demand without having to laboriously transfer files to each device,
and without the music taking up extra space on each device. Works great,
and is well worth the $25/year subscription fee.

knuttle

Feb 11, 2022, 12:53:45 PM2/11/22
That's what I do.