HELP. iPhone "Driving on" & "Driving off" question

Bill Powell

Feb 3, 2024, 1:35:39 AMFeb 3
I just got this text from my mother who doesn't know much about cars.
I don't use an iPhone. I only have an Android phone. Can you help here?

"Here is another question. I have my Bluetooth on my phone, which l use
when l am in my car to talk hand-free.

I have no idea if that has anything to do with this question and concern.

When I am in my car, with my phone, and l start the car, I get a message on
my phone they says "Driving".

So here is my concern. Sometimes, like just now, I get a message on my
phone that says "Car on" and then "Car off".

Well, I think it says "Driving on" and "Driving Off", but I can't remember
exactly.

It just happened and I have no idea why it happens.

The first few times I thought the car was stolen and I ran to check. It was
still there, thankfully.

Any idea why I keep getting these messages when I am not in the car?"

Your Name

Feb 3, 2024, 2:23:38 AMFeb 3
Just turn off "the Driving" option in Settings > Focus > Driving

I don't know why there's a need ot add yet another useless "feature" to
iOS. If people haven't got enough willpower and / or intelligence to
simply ignore their cellphone while driving, they shouldn't be allowed
to drive in the first place.

Alan Browne

Feb 3, 2024, 10:31:36 AMFeb 3
On 2024-02-03 02:23, Your Name wrote:

> I don't know why there's a need ot add yet another useless "feature" to
> iOS. If people haven't got enough willpower and / or intelligence to
> simply ignore their cellphone while driving, they shouldn't be allowed
> to drive in the first place.

More unfounded prejudicial judgement from Your Name.

While I don't like to use my phone for voice calls while driving, it is
on occasion necessary - so for brief, action oriented calls - useful.

Further of course, the use of an iPhone in a car goes far beyond the
"phone" function, esp. where CarPlay is concerned.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Jolly Roger

Feb 3, 2024, 2:24:13 PMFeb 3
Well, let's see. We are on the internet, so surely we can find the
information you need quickly. I'll just search for "apple iphone
driving" and see what comes up...

Sure enough, the very first search result is to Apple's official website
with a page that tells you all about this feature. 😉

JR