Apple Rumored to Allow Third Party App Stores, At Least in the EU

sms

Dec 14, 2022, 12:36:08 PM12/14/22
See
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/12/report-apple-engineers-are-working-on-third-party-app-store-support-in-ios/>

Before anyone gets too excited, there are some caveats:

1. If this does happen it could end up being only in EU countries.
Unlike Android devices, which allow GPS spoofing, iOS knows exactly
where your iPhone is, so getting around such a limitation would be
tricky (yes, there are workarounds using a computer, or by jailbreaking,
see 27a on page 31 of the document
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>).

2. Many of the apps that are available only on Android are because iOS
doesn't have the capability for those apps to work (even though the
hardware is technically capable). A third-party app store isn't going to
solve that issue.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 1:20:44 PM12/14/22
In article <tnd1i6$2r6ha$2...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> 1. If this does happen it could end up being only in EU countries.
> Unlike Android devices, which allow GPS spoofing, iOS knows exactly
> where your iPhone is,

gps spoofing is not how the app store checks, making it entirely
irrelevant. in fact, that would be an incredibly stupid way to do it
for several reasons.

also, google (and other entities) know exactly where android phones are
(and iphones for that matter).

it helps to actually know about ios and android before commenting.

> so getting around such a limitation would be
> tricky (yes, there are workarounds using a computer, or by jailbreaking,

that is false. it's actually relatively straightforward to get around
your hypothetical geographical limitation, which may not even happen.

just because you don't know how doesn't mean it's 'tricky'. it simply
means you have no idea what you're talking about and simply trolling.

> 2. Many of the apps that are available only on Android are because iOS
> doesn't have the capability for those apps to work (even though the
> hardware is technically capable). A third-party app store isn't going to
> solve that issue.

that is demonstrably false.

most of what you claim is impossible on ios on is is possible, and in
many cases, *part* *of* *ios* itself.

further, there are *many* things can be done on ios that are impossible
on android (or at best, difficult and/or ineffective).

it helps to actually know about ios and android before commenting.

Joerg Lorenz

Dec 14, 2022, 1:28:35 PM12/14/22
Am 14.12.22 um 18:36 schrieb sms:
You do not have even little understanding of the issue.
Unbelievable!

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 2:10:41 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:

>> 1. If this does happen it could end up being only in EU countries.
>> Unlike Android devices, which allow GPS spoofing, iOS knows exactly
>> where your iPhone is,
>
> gps spoofing is not how the app store checks, making it entirely
> irrelevant. in fact, that would be an incredibly stupid way to do it
> for several reasons.

Even though Steve has a college degree and nospam couldn't earn one, it's
interesting how _wrong_ Steve is, and how right (sometimes) nospam is.

I agree with nospam that the fact iOS is incapable of GPS spoofing
shouldn't have any bearing on Apple's ability to track your app
installation as Apple is the only smartphone maker who _requires_ a
mothership tracking account just to download the software for its devices.

> also, google (and other entities) know exactly where android phones are
> (and iphones for that matter).

Here I have to disagree with nospam's brazen assertion that Google knows
where the phone is, where nospam has shown many times he is almost
completely clueless about using an Android phone without Google services.

However... to nospam's main point... for most people who don't know enough
on how to use Android _without_ logging into Google servers, he's right
that both iPhones and Android phones are likely very easily tracked by
Google for those people who are dumb enough to log into mothership accounts
on their phones.

> it helps to actually know about ios and android before commenting.

It's no longer shocking that nospam accuses everyone else of being as
ignorant about smartphones (particularly Android phones) as nospam is.

It's a fact nospam told us he doesn't even own a recent iOS device, and we
can tell from his many wrong assertions nospam is clueless about Android.

Hell, nospam doesn't even know Android is updated far longer than iOS is
updated, and has been for a few years now, nor that iOS iPhones have more
zero-day holes than any smartphone on the planet, he's that clueless.

>> so getting around such a limitation would be
>> tricky (yes, there are workarounds using a computer, or by jailbreaking,
>
> that is false. it's actually relatively straightforward to get around
> your hypothetical geographical limitation, which may not even happen.

It's no longer shocking that you always claim that the only way to get an
iPhone to do even the most basic of the simplest things that every other
device does, is that you have to write the code yourself.

Suffice to say that mock location is built into the Android operating
system, yet it's essentially impossible to do practically on an iPhone.

If it was possible, nospam would say how (and no, telling everyone who
wants basic functionality on an iPhone that they have to write it, is not
an acceptable answer to nospam's brazen claims of imaginary functionality).

> just because you don't know how doesn't mean it's 'tricky'. it simply
> means you have no idea what you're talking about and simply trolling.

No. It's you trolling nospam.

Your claim that the only way to get basic functionality out of an iPhone is
that you have to write the code yourself is the basis of all your remarks.

>> 2. Many of the apps that are available only on Android are because iOS
>> doesn't have the capability for those apps to work (even though the
>> hardware is technically capable). A third-party app store isn't going to
>> solve that issue.
>
> that is demonstrably false.

Again, nospam, it's no longer shocking how little you know about iOS.
You don't even have a modern iOS device, let alone an Android device.

I have both iPads and Android devices and I have tested hundreds upon
hundreds of apps on Android - most of which don't exist for iOS.

You denying all facts about iOS you hate is what you do, nospam.
But you denying all facts doesn't change the fact that they're facts.

It just means you _hate_ how crippled iOS is in terms of app functionality.

> most of what you claim is impossible on ios on is is possible, and in
> many cases, *part* *of* *ios* itself.

how is mock location spoofing _part_ of iOS itself, nospam?
How is graphical wireless debugging of all access points part of iOS?
How is automatic call recording part of iOS, nospam?

I used to wonder why you brazenly fabricate imaginary functionality for
iOS, but now I simply assess that you _hate_ how crippled iOS truly is.

> further, there are *many* things can be done on ios that are impossible
> on android (or at best, difficult and/or ineffective).

The true mark of your bullshit nospam is you can't name a single app
functionality that is on iOS that isn't _already_ on Android.

> it helps to actually know about ios and android before commenting.

It helps if you would back up even a _single_ claim of yours, nospam.

You're the only one who doesn't realize you fabricate imaginary iOS
functionality, but the real question is why do you always do that?

I suspect you simply _hate_ how crippled iOS functionality truly is.

If iOS has _any_ of the functionality you fabricate, why can you _never_
point to even a _single_ app in the app store that provides it for us?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to respond to nospam's brazen fabrications.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 2:23:19 PM12/14/22
In article <tnd73f$u5r$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I agree with nospam that the fact iOS is incapable of GPS spoofing

i didn't say that.

what i said is that geo-blocking is not done via gps, for reasons that
should be obvious. unfortunately, trolls are far too stupid to figure
out how it works.

> > also, google (and other entities) know exactly where android phones are
> > (and iphones for that matter).
>
> Here I have to disagree with nospam's brazen assertion that Google knows
> where the phone is,

then you'd be wrong.

> It's a fact nospam told us he doesn't even own a recent iOS device,

no, it's not a fact.

it's yet another one of your lies.

> Hell, nospam doesn't even know Android is updated far longer than iOS is

demonstrably false.

> Your claim that the only way to get basic functionality out of an iPhone is
> that you have to write the code yourself is the basis of all your remarks.

i never said that.

are you trying for a new record of lies in one post?

> >> 2. Many of the apps that are available only on Android are because iOS
> >> doesn't have the capability for those apps to work (even though the
> >> hardware is technically capable). A third-party app store isn't going to
> >> solve that issue.
> >
> > that is demonstrably false.
>
> Again, nospam, it's no longer shocking how little you know about iOS.

projection.

> You don't even have a modern iOS device, let alone an Android device.

false for both.

> I have both iPads and Android devices and I have tested hundreds upon
> hundreds of apps on Android

yet you have no clue how to do even the most basic of things, and on
both platforms.

> - most of which don't exist for iOS.

false, and in many cases, are not needed because the functionality is
part of ios.

> If iOS has _any_ of the functionality you fabricate, why can you _never_
> point to even a _single_ app in the app store that provides it for us?

whoosh.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 2:48:07 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:

>> I agree with nospam that the fact iOS is incapable of GPS spoofing
>
> i didn't say that.

Then point to the app on the Apple app store that allows mock location.

> what i said is that geo-blocking is not done via gps, for reasons that
> should be obvious. unfortunately, trolls are far too stupid to figure
> out how it works.

Just point to the app on the iOS App Store that allows GPS spoofing.

Here, I'll help you by pointing to the basic functionality on the GPS:
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mock%20gps%20location&c=apps>

Tell us, nospam, why these apps abound on Android and yet they don't exist
for iOS if you think Apple isn't preventing developers from providing the
iOS user base with this basic and rather useful basic functionality.

>>> also, google (and other entities) know exactly where android phones are
>>> (and iphones for that matter).
>>
>> Here I have to disagree with nospam's brazen assertion that Google knows
>> where the phone is,
>
> then you'd be wrong.

No. It's you who is wrong, nospam. You hate that Apple tracks the user's
every download while Google can't do it no matter how hard Google tries.

Of course, I'm assuming for that statement a well set up Android phone,
which most people don't have, so I agree with you Google tracks most
people's apps - but the fact is Apple tracks _all_ people's apps.

That's because only Apple requires a mothership tracking account to be
added to every single app you install onto the device from the app store.

Google can't.

>> It's a fact nospam told us he doesn't even own a recent iOS device,
>
> no, it's not a fact.

This is how I know you own a substandard IQ nospam, because you deny facts
that no intelligent persion would deny, simply because the fact _is_ a
fact.

No normally intelligent person denies facts, nospam.
You do - but that's how I know your IQ is less than the average.

You deny facts that are easy to prove that they're facts.
*Anyone wanna' take bets on when nospam will own up to his own words?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/R-U0nHVOClY>

You don't remember your denials of your own words, nospam, even as anyone
can click on the link to see that you said exactly what I said you said.

> it's yet another one of your lies.

And yet, I gave you ample opportunity to prove your denials, and now you
deny that you said what _anyone_ can click on the link to see you said it.

It's a clear indicator that you own a rather substandard IQ, nospam.
You deny facts that no normal person would even think of denying.

Simply because it's so easily proven that you are denying actual facts.

>> Hell, nospam doesn't even know Android is updated far longer than iOS is
>
> demonstrably false.

Yet again, you deny facts that no normal person would deny, nospam.

I used to wonder if you actually _believed_ iOS is updated longer than is
Android, but what it really is that you don't even know how iOS is updated,
let alone how Android is updated.

Given you're almost completely ignorant, you only know what Apple fed you.
You have no concept of the fact iOS dies far sooner than today's Android.

>> Your claim that the only way to get basic functionality out of an iPhone is
>> that you have to write the code yourself is the basis of all your remarks.
>
> i never said that.

Yes. You said that. Many times. You brazenly lie when nobody else would.

> are you trying for a new record of lies in one post?

You can prove me wrong in a split second by pointing to the mock location
app on the iOS Apple App Store, nospam.

And yet, you can't.

I used to wonder why you incessantly brazenly fabricated imaginary
functionality for iOS, but now I'm no longer shocked that you do it.

I think the reason is you _hate_ iOS lacks so much basic functionality.

>> Again, nospam, it's no longer shocking how little you know about iOS.
>
> projection.

And yet it's _you_ who doesn't know how Android is updated, nospam.
You don't even know how iOS is updated, let alone Android.

It's no longer shocking how little you know about either iOS or Android:
a. Your IQ is substandard
b. Your education doesn't exist
c. And you gain almost all your self esteem from Apple loving you

>> You don't even have a modern iOS device, let alone an Android device.
>
> false for both.

And yet your own statements prove otherwise.
*Anyone wanna' take bets on when nospam will own up to his own words?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/R-U0nHVOClY>

Show us a screenshot of your Android device nospam.
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

Like I did above and below for my Android and iOS devices.
<https://i.postimg.cc/TYvqdxCT/vysor35.jpg> iOS & Android PC mirroring

HINT: You can't. Yet again you fabricated everything you claim.

>> I have both iPads and Android devices and I have tested hundreds upon
>> hundreds of apps on Android
>
> yet you have no clue how to do even the most basic of things, and on
> both platforms.

And yet I can spoof my GPS location on Android in seconds and you can't do
it in a million years on the iOS platform, nospam... fancy that.
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZKXjT326/mocklocation01.jpg> Android mock location

Show us a screenshot of you spoofing location on iOS, nospam...like this:
<https://i.postimg.cc/DySBk5j2/mocklocation03.jpg> Mock location setting

HINT: You can't. You lied. Again.

>> - most of which don't exist for iOS.
>
> false, and in many cases, are not needed because the functionality is
> part of ios.

OK. Prove your words.Show us how you can do mock location inside iOS.

Like I proved here, for Android:
<https://i.postimg.cc/7L8BN7Nq/mocklocation04.jpg> Spoof wifi/gps provider
<https://i.postimg.cc/MZPdFgYP/mocklocation05.jpg> Randomize road speed
<https://i.postimg.cc/gcRk8q1c/mocklocation06.jpg> Spoof Wi-Fi provider

Hint: you can't. You made it all up. Again. In fact, you lied. Again.

>> If iOS has _any_ of the functionality you fabricate, why can you _never_
>> point to even a _single_ app in the app store that provides it for us?
>
> whoosh.

No, it's you who has only seven responses to facts you hate about Apple.
One of those responses is to claim that you have to write all teh code
yourself if you want even the most basic of functionality on iOS.

Like GPS mock location.
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRvdYzsF/mocklocation02.jpg> Best mock location apps
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to show adults how much the iKooks don't know iOS.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 3:25:54 PM12/14/22
In article <tnd99l$1uga$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > what i said is that geo-blocking is not done via gps, for reasons that
> > should be obvious. unfortunately, trolls are far too stupid to figure
> > out how it works.
>
> Just point to the app on the iOS App Store that allows GPS spoofing.

whoosh.

you might consider reading the posts before responding, so that you
don't look like a stupid illiterate dumbfuck. just a thought.

> You can prove me wrong in a split second

i did, and just did it again.

sms

Dec 14, 2022, 3:37:07 PM12/14/22
More on this. According to Mac Rumors
<https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/13/apple-europe-alternate-app-store-support/>,
"Apple is only planning to implement sideloading support in Europe" ☹.

The article also states "Apple could open up underlying app frameworks
and APIs to third-party app developers, providing deeper access to core
system functions and hardware. Third-party apps could in the future get
access to camera technologies not available now, and Apple is working to
open up NFC in a limited way that could allow for Apple Pay
alternatives." That is really the bigger news, if it's actually true,
since that could allow the iPhone to run apps that are now only
available on Android.

As to how Apple would prevent those not in the EU from using third-party
app stores, it's not clear. They'd have to allow anyone visiting the EU
the same access to app stores as EU residents, but someone that spoofs
their iPhone location to an EU country might be able to gain access
unless there were restrictions based on the cellular provider. But this
still would not prevent visitors to the EU, using a prepaid SIM card
from an EU provider, from side-loading apps from a third-party app store.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 3:58:02 PM12/14/22
In article <tndc5i$2s29d$3...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> That is really the bigger news, if it's actually true,
> since that could allow the iPhone to run apps that are now only
> available on Android.

apps that are only on android are almost always because the developers
aren't interested in writing ios, not because of any prohibition.

the reverse, however, is not true. ios-only apps generally *can't* be
implemented on android.

> As to how Apple would prevent those not in the EU from using third-party
> app stores, it's not clear.

it is to anyone who has used an ios device.

> They'd have to allow anyone visiting the EU
> the same access to app stores as EU residents, but someone that spoofs
> their iPhone location to an EU country might be able to gain access
> unless there were restrictions based on the cellular provider. But this
> still would not prevent visitors to the EU, using a prepaid SIM card
> from an EU provider, from side-loading apps from a third-party app store.

the rule of holes applies.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 4:16:09 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:

>> Just point to the app on the iOS App Store that allows GPS spoofing.
>
> whoosh.

No. You whooshed. IYou're always fabricating iOS functionality that either
you don't realize doesn't exist or that you brazenly fabricate existing.

Given how often you do that, it's most likely the latter & not the former.

> you might consider reading the posts before responding, so that you
> don't look like a stupid illiterate dumbfuck. just a thought.

Look nospam, if you think I'm going to fall for your bullshit, you're even
less intelligent than I already stated you to be (which isn't very good).

Only a fool disputes facts (that's _why_ they are fools).
And you constantly dispute facts.

I'm no longer shocked how much imaginary functionality you fabricate.
The only question is why.

I suspect the answer simply is that you _hate_ iOS lacks the basic
functionality that Steve (correctly) noted is on Android, such as the
ability to easily spoof the reported GPS location on the mobile device.

>> You can prove me wrong in a split second
>
> i did, and just did it again.

And yet, you've _never_ backed up your claim that there are iOS aps on the
App Store that spoof the GPS location - which is what Android easily does.

It's no longer shocking that almost every claim of iOS functionality by you
is a brazen fabrication of purely imaginary non-existent functionality...

The only question is why you are desperate to fabricate what doesn't exist.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 4:25:14 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:

>> That is really the bigger news, if it's actually true,
>> since that could allow the iPhone to run apps that are now only
>> available on Android.
>
> apps that are only on android are almost always because the developers
> aren't interested in writing ios, not because of any prohibition.

That's complete bullshit, nospam.
*It shows your fantastic ignorance of what everyone else already knows.*

Many many may developers complain Apple drasstically restricts what apps
can do, which was shown in lawsuits and when Apple restricted recording.

Even the venerable Tor developers publicly complain Apple won't give them
the access to the kind of privacy that is on all other platforms (even
macOS).

But not on iOS.

Yet again, you're so wrong that either you're incredibly ignorant of what
Apple does to prevent apps on the App Store, or you simply hate the fact.

*But the fact you denied what nobody sane would deny, is your hallmark.*

> the reverse, however, is not true. ios-only apps generally *can't* be
> implemented on android.

You've been asked for years to provide a _single_ app functionality in the
iOS App Store that isn't already on the Android app stores, and you can't.

The very fact you make this claim without ever being able to find a
_single_ app in the app store that backs up your claim, is what makes you
an iKook.

You don't have the knowledge or intelligence to back up your own claims.

>> As to how Apple would prevent those not in the EU from using third-party
>> app stores, it's not clear.
>
> it is to anyone who has used an ios device.

What's clear to everyone sane, nospam, is the effort Apple goes to in order
to _prevent_ basic app functionality such as GPS spoofing on their store.

Here are just some of the Android apps:
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mock%20gps%20location&c=apps>

FACT:
*There are _zero_ of this app functionality on the Apple iOS app store.*

Only an iKook like you would dare to claim otherwise, which is how I know
that you iKooks are uneducated because you couldn't care less that your
credibility is worthless.

At least Steve "tries" to be accurate, and I always am on facts.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 4:47:39 PM12/14/22
In article <tndevn$k1q$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> You've been asked for years to provide a _single_ app functionality in the
> iOS App Store that isn't already on the Android app stores, and you can't.

btdt.

the list is actually rather substantial. start with the many apps which
uses hardware that doesn't exist on android, which means such apps are
impossible to implement on android (or the necessary hardware is not
widespread enough for developers to bother).

you're so busy rearranging icons into cutesy little patterns (and
what's sad is you think that's somehow useful) as well as pirating
videos and music, to where you are completely oblivious as to what ios
devices can actually do (and even android devices, macs and windows pcs
for that matter).

all of this has been explained to you many times before and every time
you ignore it because it completely obliterates your trolling.

> At least Steve "tries" to be accurate, and I always am on facts.

you're delusional.

Hank Rogers

Dec 14, 2022, 5:32:50 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:
> In article <tndc5i$2s29d$3...@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> That is really the bigger news, if it's actually true,
>> since that could allow the iPhone to run apps that are now only
>> available on Android.
>
> apps that are only on android are almost always because the developers
> aren't interested in writing ios, not because of any prohibition.
>
> the reverse, however, is not true. ios-only apps generally *can't* be
> implemented on android.
>
>> As to how Apple would prevent those not in the EU from using third-party
>> app stores, it's not clear.
>
> it is to anyone who has used an ios device.

If I visit the EU, will apple know if I put on clean underwear at
my hotel?

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 7:11:19 PM12/14/22
nospam wrote:

>> You've been asked for years to provide a _single_ app functionality in the
>> iOS App Store that isn't already on the Android app stores, and you can't.
>
> btdt.

Name just one.

> the list is actually rather substantial.

Name just one.

> start with the many apps which
> uses hardware that doesn't exist on android, which means such apps are
> impossible to implement on android (or the necessary hardware is not
> widespread enough for developers to bother).

Name just one.

> you're so busy rearranging icons into cutesy little patterns (and
> what's sad is you think that's somehow useful) as well as pirating
> videos and music, to where you are completely oblivious as to what ios
> devices can actually do (and even android devices, macs and windows pcs
> for that matter).

Not surprising that you resort to ad hominem attacks because your iOS app
launcher is stuck in the stone age in that it can't do what _every_ other
operating system has been doing for decades.

Yes. Only iOS can't arrange the app icons the way _you_ want them to be.

That fact alone show how laughably primitive the entire iOS ecosystem is.

> all of this has been explained to you many times before and every time
> you ignore it because it completely obliterates your trolling.

And yet you've never found even a _single_ useful app functionality on iOS
that isn't already on Android, nospam (usually on 5-year old Android too).

You can't even name one.

>> At least Steve "tries" to be accurate, and I always am on facts.
>
> you're delusional.

No. It's you who can't back up even a _single_ claim you make on Usenet.
Meanwhile, every factual claim I've made is backed up by facts themselves.

BTW, I'd be _happy_ if iOS was not so crippled such that my free Android
phone has far more app functionality than the most expensive iPhones made.

But the fact remains that iOS is so crippled it can't do even the simplest
of the most basic of useful app functionalities, such as, oh, automatic
call recording, graphical wi-fi debugging, graphical cellular debugging,
system wide firewall (all by itself), mock GPS location, etc.

Again, you could prove me wrong in an instant... if you were right.
And yet, you're not.

You can't find even a _single_ app functionality on iOS not already
(usually five years ago) on Android - and there's a reason for that.

It doesn't exist.
and there's a reason for that too.

It's what Steve said.
Apple is who cripples iOS... not the developers.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 14, 2022, 7:13:51 PM12/14/22
Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> As to how Apple would prevent those not in the EU from using third-party
>>> app stores, it's not clear.
>>
>> it is to anyone who has used an ios device.
>>

> If I visit the EU, will apple know if I put on clean underwear at
> my hotel?

Do you realize Apple puts a unique tracking ID specific to your iCloud
account into _every_ app you install from their App Store - even free ones?

Nobody else does that.

Only Apple.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 8:23:59 PM12/14/22
In article <tndon5$a9m$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > start with the many apps which
> > uses hardware that doesn't exist on android, which means such apps are
> > impossible to implement on android (or the necessary hardware is not
> > widespread enough for developers to bother).
>
> Name just one.

as i said before, read before replying, otherwise people might think
you're an illiterate dumbfuck troll, more so than they already do.

nospam

Dec 14, 2022, 8:24:00 PM12/14/22
In article <tndort$bou$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Do you realize Apple puts a unique tracking ID specific to your iCloud
> account into _every_ app you install from their App Store - even free ones?

rule of holes applies.

> Nobody else does that.

keep thinking that.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 1:37:56 AM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> Name just one.
>
> as i said before, read before replying, otherwise people might think
> you're an illiterate dumbfuck troll, more so than they already do.

As I said before, your claim that iOS has the GPS spoofing functionality
that Steve clearly mentioned is not existent in iOS is the problem here.

It's no longer shocking all you iKooks are completely ignorant of Apple.

The only question is _why_ you feel desperate to fabricate functionality
that you can _never_ point to a single app on the App Store containing it.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 1:40:34 AM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> Nobody else does that.
>
> keep thinking that.

It's no longer shocking how ignorant you iKooks are that Apple inserts a
unique-to-you identifier into every app you download off the App Store.

The fact you iKooks brazenly deny what nobody sensible would deny simply
indicates that you're _desperate_ to change the narrative away from facts.

You literally _hate_ Apple inserts tracking into every IPA you install.

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 4:30:01 AM12/15/22
In article <tnefc0$pum$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > as i said before, read before replying, otherwise people might think
> > you're an illiterate dumbfuck troll, more so than they already do.
>
> As I said before, your claim that iOS has the GPS spoofing functionality

the part you fail to understand is that gps has absolutely nothing to
do with app stores on any platform. spoofing it will have literally
zero effect.

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 4:30:01 AM12/15/22
In article <tnefh0$rat$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> You literally _hate_ Apple inserts tracking into every IPA you install.

you literally have no clue how anything works.

meanwhile, stock up on more tin foil.

sms

Dec 15, 2022, 11:23:28 AM12/15/22
On 12/14/2022 9:36 AM, sms wrote:

<snip>

I’ve added this, in much greater detail, to page 2 of the document
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>.

Also, the EU DMA would likely require other changes as well, including
allowing third-party search engines (currently all browsers must use the
Apple search engine), and changes to Siri, iMessage, and FaceTime.

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 12:58:16 PM12/15/22
In article <tnfhlu$34dvo$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Also, the EU DMA would likely require other changes as well, including
> allowing third-party search engines (currently all browsers must use the
> Apple search engine),

false.

not only is it easy to change the search engine (going back to the
early days of ios), but third party browsers have no restrictions on
what search engine they use, nor is that anything apple could possibly
enforce even if they wanted to (which they do not).

how is it you consistently get so much wrong??

<https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/imageedit_1_841985
4421.jpg>
<https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/search-engine-opti
ons-in-safari-on-iphone.png>

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/af/0b/de/af0bded77d99276ff437fdae8e99d756--han
dy-tips-helpful-hints.jpg>

> and changes to Siri, iMessage, and FaceTime.

also false.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 4:15:00 PM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> You literally _hate_ Apple inserts tracking into every IPA you install.
>
> you literally have no clue how anything works.

No. It's _you_ who has no clue about Apple.
Simple proof below...

Tell us why, then, nospam, if you're not ignorant about what Apple inserts
into every IPA your iCloud account installs (or family account)... tell us
why you can't simply install that _same_ (free) IPA file on _any_ (similar)
iPhone on the planet.

You may be ignorant of that answer - but your ignorance of the unique
tracker Apple inserts into every IPA you install is what matters here.

Tell us, nospam... if you're _not_ ignorant of all things Apple, what Apple
inserted into that IPA such that it can then only work on _your_ account.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 4:20:55 PM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> As I said before, your claim that iOS has the GPS spoofing functionality
>
> the part you fail to understand is that gps has absolutely nothing to
> do with app stores on any platform. spoofing it will have literally
> zero effect.

The part you fail to understand is that I never said that it did.

I said you claim that gps spoofing already _exists_ for iOS; then I said
you can never back up your claims by pointing to apps on the App Store.

Then you retorted that the poor hapless iOS user can, if they want to,
obtain that gps spoofing functionality if they all become developers.

From that it's clear you _hate_ that iOS doesn't have basic functionality.
--
Meanwhile... there are tons of them on the Google Play Store app store.
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mock%20gps%20location&c=apps>

Jolly Roger

Dec 15, 2022, 5:26:39 PM12/15/22
On 2022-12-15, sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Also, the EU DMA would likely require other changes as well, including
> allowing third-party search engines (currently all browsers must use the
> Apple search engine)

As usual, sms is *lying to you*. You've been able to choose from
multiple search engines in Apple's Safari browser for ages:

<https://i.imgur.com/c7W5a0e.jpg>

And third party browsers also let you choose - this is from Firefox:

<https://i.imgur.com/4pUuq3s.jpg>

Troll on, trollboi.

JR

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 5:41:18 PM12/15/22
In article <tng2od$c3b$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> You literally _hate_ Apple inserts tracking into every IPA you install.
> >
> > you literally have no clue how anything works.
>
> No. It's _you_ who has no clue about Apple.
> Simple proof below...

your 'proof' only supports the fact you haven't a clue.

> Tell us why, then, nospam, if you're not ignorant about what Apple inserts
> into every IPA your iCloud account installs (or family account)... tell us
> why you can't simply install that _same_ (free) IPA file on _any_ (similar)
> iPhone on the planet.

what you're wanting to do is known as piracy and is illegal.

apple, google, microsoft and other app stores employ anti-piracy
measures, aka copy protection, in their app stores, as do software
developers for apps distributed outside of app stores. the specific
methods vary, but the goal is the same. this is not new nor is it a
difficult concept.

you hate it, because you take pleasure in pirating a wide variety of
content, including apps, music, videos and who knows what else,
depriving developers and content creators from being paid for their
work.

as to your claim of 'tracking info', apple doesn't add any nor can
there be even if they wanted to. it's simply not how it works.

what's amusing is how much tracking *google* does, and you're clueless
about that too.

you think your android phone is 'clean' and can't be tracked, except
that based on what you've posted, you are oblivious as to how much
you're actually leaking, which is collected by google, data brokers,
your cell carrier and others.

like i said at the start, you haven't a clue how anything works.

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 5:41:20 PM12/15/22
In article <tng33l$hc1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > the part you fail to understand is that gps has absolutely nothing to
> > do with app stores on any platform. spoofing it will have literally
> > zero effect.
>
> The part you fail to understand is that I never said that it did.

yes you did, and now you're trying to backpedal.

the discussion is about third party app stores, and according to one
rumour, only implemented in the eu.

you went off on another one of your usual bullshit rants, without any
understanding of how things work.

app stores do not use gps, full stop. the idea is absurd.

anyone who thinks that they do is incredibly stupid (or trolling).

if that were the case, apps could only be purchased while outdoors (and
not under trees or near tall buildings) or possibly indoors near a
window, and only after getting a gps fix, which in some cases can take
as much as 15 minutes (although it's usually less).

furthermore, many devices do not have a gps at all, including laptops
and desktops (app stores are available on those too), wifi ipads and
ipod touches and numerous android devices.

Bob Campbell

Dec 15, 2022, 6:09:45 PM12/15/22
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> app stores do not use gps, full stop. the idea is absurd.
>
> anyone who thinks that they do is incredibly stupid (or trolling).

Or both. The Troll Boys here ARE incredibly stupid.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 10:37:48 PM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> Simple proof below...
>
> your 'proof' only supports the fact you haven't a clue.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

The proof is you instantly resorted to ad hominem attacks because you're
_desperate_ to hide what is obvious - you are ignorant of what Apple added.

>> Tell us why, then, nospam, if you're not ignorant about what Apple inserts
>> into every IPA your iCloud account installs (or family account)... tell us
>> why you can't simply install that _same_ (free) IPA file on _any_ (similar)
>> iPhone on the planet.
>
> what you're wanting to do is known as piracy and is illegal.

You are _desperate_ to change the narrative to obscure the obvious fact
that you're completely ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA file,
nospam.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

> apple, google, microsoft and other app stores employ anti-piracy
> measures, aka copy protection, in their app stores, as do software
> developers for apps distributed outside of app stores. the specific
> methods vary, but the goal is the same. this is not new nor is it a
> difficult concept.

Another _desperate_ attempt to deflect from the fact you are shockingly
completely ignorant of what Apple alone inserted into that (free) IPA.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

> you hate it, because you take pleasure in pirating a wide variety of
> content, including apps, music, videos and who knows what else,
> depriving developers and content creators from being paid for their
> work.

What I take pleasure in is proving you iKooks are shockingly ignorant of
everything about Apple given how _desperate_ you are to deflect the tack.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

> as to your claim of 'tracking info', apple doesn't add any nor can
> there be even if they wanted to. it's simply not how it works.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

> what's amusing is how much tracking *google* does, and you're clueless
> about that too.

Your obvious _desperation_ to deflect to Google makes it all the more
obvious, nospam, how shockingly ignorant you are about what Apple inserted
into that IPA which ties that IPA uniquely to your iCloud/family account.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*(

> you think your android phone is 'clean' and can't be tracked, except
> that based on what you've posted, you are oblivious as to how much
> you're actually leaking, which is collected by google, data brokers,
> your cell carrier and others.

Again and again you are _desperate_ to deflect from the obvious fact that
you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to the IPA files, nospam.

> like i said at the start, you haven't a clue how anything works.

*It's clear you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added to that IPA.*

QED
I just easily proved you are shockingly ignorant of what Apple added.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to show these iKooks are ignorant of what Apple is.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 11:16:37 PM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> The part you fail to understand is that I never said that it did.
>
> yes you did, and now you're trying to backpedal.

Read what I wrote. I said I _agreed_ with you that isn't how it works.

> the discussion is about third party app stores, and according to one
> rumour, only implemented in the eu.
>
> you went off on another one of your usual bullshit rants, without any
> understanding of how things work.

Read it again nospam and concentrate on adult comprehension skills.
Both of us _agreed_ that what Steve was suggesting wouldn't likely work.

> app stores do not use gps, full stop. the idea is absurd.

I never disagreed with you. Go back and look.

I realize you won't.
You know why?

*Because all facts are fantastically meaningless to you iKooks.*

> anyone who thinks that they do is incredibly stupid (or trolling).

*Your whole life, nospam, people have told you that you're stupid.*

I understand.
I really do.

However...

Again and again, because _you_ didn't understand the facts, you call me
"incredibly stupid", but what you're doing is what iKooks always do.

You completely fabricated your entire belief system.
And now you're defending that imaginary belief system to the death.

It's what you iKooks do, nospam.
You're not normal people.

In fact, you're quite despicable.

Because _you_ own an imaginary belief system, you call everyone who happens
to own a belief system based on the facts, "incredibly stupid".

And yet... it's you who is proving time and again to be what you are.
An unprepossessing iKook.

> if that were the case, apps could only be purchased while outdoors (and
> not under trees or near tall buildings) or possibly indoors near a
> window, and only after getting a gps fix, which in some cases can take
> as much as 15 minutes (although it's usually less).

And yet, what I said was that you claimed that GPS mock location was on the
iPhone when Steve (correctly) stated that the iPhone can't do something
that simple.

> furthermore, many devices do not have a gps at all, including laptops
> and desktops (app stores are available on those too), wifi ipads and
> ipod touches and numerous android devices.

It's quite clear how _desperate_ you are to deflect from your brazen claim
that GPS mock location was not only on the App Store but that everyone who
wanted basic iOS functionality should write the code themselves, nospam.

Despite your brazen incessant fabrications of imaginary iOS functionality,
nospam, the fact remains Steve was 100% correct the basic mock location
capability that abounds on Android does not exist on the Apple App Store.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to prove iKooks fabricate imaginary functionality.

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 11:42:53 PM12/15/22
In article <tngrf3$k20$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> And yet, what I said was that you claimed that GPS mock location was on the
> iPhone when Steve (correctly) stated that the iPhone can't do something
> that simple.

yes it can.

it's also entirely irrelevant to the thread.

you're fixated on it because it's one way you obtain content to which
you are not entitled, and also a feeble attempt to hide your location,
except that it doesn't actually work the way you think it does.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 15, 2022, 11:53:13 PM12/15/22
nospam wrote:

>> And yet, what I said was that you claimed that GPS mock location was on the
>> iPhone when Steve (correctly) stated that the iPhone can't do something
>> that simple.
>
> yes it can.
>
> it's also entirely irrelevant to the thread.
>
> you're fixated on it because it's one way you obtain content to which
> you are not entitled, and also a feeble attempt to hide your location,
> except that it doesn't actually work the way you think it does.

Unlike you, I'm agnostic toward the big Google/Microsoft/Apple motherships.
Unlike you, my self esteem isn't ineradicably enmeshed in their propaganda.
As a result, unlike you, I'm _not_ ignorant of missing basic functionality.

*The fact is iOS is utterly crippled in terms of basic app functionality.*

However, you brazenly claimed today that iOS does have basic functionality.
Hence, I will give you ample opportunity to back up your claim... with...
*FACTS*

Yes.
*Facts*

To that end...

I just opened a thread where you iKooks will have ample opportunity to back
up your brazenly fabricated claims GPS spoofing apps exist in the Apple iOS
App Store (and, yes, you even claimed that it's part of native iOS OS too!).

*Is there a mock GPS location spoofer on the Apple iOS App Store or not?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/gOV2OKucwFk>
--
REFERENCE:
*Apple Rumored to Allow Third Party App Stores, At Least in the EU*

nospam

Dec 15, 2022, 11:57:59 PM12/15/22
In article <tngtjn$1611$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> As a result, unlike you, I'm _not_ ignorant of missing basic functionality.

there is overwhelming evidence that you are *very* ignorant of a *lot*
of things.

one example is how to properly cross-post, in addition to the lack of
etiquette.

Andy Burnelli

Dec 16, 2022, 11:36:30 AM12/16/22
nospam wrote:

> there is overwhelming evidence that you are *very* ignorant of a *lot*
> of things.

I don't disagree I am ignorant of many many many many things, nospam.

Unlike you, I'm extremely well educated so I'm well aware of the billions
upon billions upon billions of facts that I openly admit I don't know.

Take quantum mechanics, for example, where we all move at the speed of
light through four dimensional spacetime, which is just mind boggling.

You, on the other hand, are almost completely uneducated, nospam.
As a result, you think you know everything there is to know.

> one example is how to properly cross-post, in addition to the lack of
> etiquette.

I agree with you that I cross post to the privacy & advocacy newsgroups,
mostly just to piss off the people who frequent those two newsgroups.

What's interesting and rather telling, is that I always post facts, and
facts alone piss them off because all you iKooks _hate_ facts about Apple.

In fact, the reason you're iKooks is the confluence of three traits:
a. None of you iKooks has an IQ that even approaches normal
b. As a result, none of you iKooks own an education to speak of
c. And, most importantly, your whole life people have been telling you
that you're stupid; but Apple loves you - and you love Apple in return.

The reason you defend Apple to the death, nospam, is that Apple does not
tell you that you're stupid - Apple tells you that you're smart for
enabling Apple's ungodly profit margins and for believing Apple's lies.

Me?
I tell you that you're stupid.

And you hate me for that - but I proved that you're stupid and therefore
all you "can" do is hate me; but every post from you proves your ignorance.

In this case, you're ignorant of the following:
a. You don't realize there are no GPS spoofing apps on the iOS app store
b. You are ignorant of _why_ those apps do not exist on the app store
c. You are ignorant of unique tracking is added to every IPA you install
etc.

nospam

Dec 16, 2022, 12:25:04 PM12/16/22
In article <tni6qc$epk$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I don't disagree I am ignorant of many many many many things.

that could be first truthful thing you've said in your entire life.

> I agree with you that I cross post to the privacy & advocacy newsgroups,
> mostly just to piss off the people who frequent those two newsgroups.

at least you admit to trolling.