desire to have platonic relationships

JAB

Jun 22, 2021, 7:18:49 AM6/22/21
Can we be friends? Dating apps say sex isn't everything in a
post-pandemic world

I've just come out of a long-term lockdown. Can we be friends?

Amorous entanglements aren't uppermost in the minds of many people
emerging from long periods of pandemic isolation. Instead, they crave
the friendships and social groups they have been starved of over the
past year.

That's the verdict of dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble (BMBL.O),
which are launching or acquiring new services focused entirely on
making and maintaining friends.

<https://www.reuters.com/technology/can-we-be-friends-dating-apps-say-sex-isnt-everything-post-pandemic-world-2021-06-22/>

Michael Trew

Jun 22, 2021, 11:14:22 PM6/22/21
I didn't realize that Tinder was meant to be even remotely platonic.