a mobile home park groundskeeper

JAB

Nov 22, 2023, 11:14:42 AM11/22/23
New Hampshire man dies a secret multimillionaire, leaves $3.8M to his
small town

An unassuming man living in a New Hampshire mobile home has been
discovered to be a secret millionaire after he passed away in June.

Geoffrey Holt, who died aged 82 this summer, amassed close to $4
million and left it to his local community in Hinsdale.
Locals described Holt as quiet and unassuming, wearing old clothes and
driving a lawn mower to get around instead of a car.

Neighbors say his house was largely empty and didn't have a television
or internet.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hampshire-man-dies-secret-multimillionaire-leaves-3-8m-his-small-town

Kerr-Mudd, John

Nov 22, 2023, 3:04:36 PM11/22/23
On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 10:14:49 -0600
JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> New Hampshire man dies a secret multimillionaire, leaves $3.8M to his
> small town
>
> An unassuming man living in a New Hampshire mobile home has been
> discovered to be a secret millionaire after he passed away in June.
>
> Geoffrey Holt, who died aged 82 this summer, amassed close to $4
> million and left it to his local community in Hinsdale.
> Locals described Holt as quiet and unassuming, wearing old clothes and
> driving a lawn mower to get around instead of a car.
>
> Neighbors say his house was largely empty and didn't have a television
> or internet.

Feh. That's not the American Way.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Retrograde

Nov 27, 2023, 8:58:56 PM11/27/23
On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 20:04:33 +0000
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> > Locals described Holt as quiet and unassuming, wearing old clothes and
> > driving a lawn mower to get around instead of a car.
> >
> > Neighbors say his house was largely empty and didn't have a television
> > or internet.
> >
> Feh. That's not the American Way.

No argument from me about that remark. ("Consume! Obey! We love the
USA!")

Naturally, since he gave it to politicians without any guidance on how
he wanted it used, they are considering using it to pay for upgrades to
their own fucking office building. I hope his ghost runs them down in
his riding mower.

"Government is like a baby: an alimentary canal with a big appetite at
one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." ― Ronald Reagan

JAB

Nov 27, 2023, 9:08:39 PM11/27/23
On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:58:53 -0500, Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>"Government is like a baby: an alimentary canal with a big appetite at
>one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." ? Ronald Reagan

Nothing new under the sun....a reformatted quote

Dear Quote Investigator:
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/01/10/baby/

>Naturally, since he gave it to politicians without any guidance on how
>he wanted it used, they are considering using it to pay for upgrades to
>their own fucking office building.

It's better to donate, but require whoever to come up with some
percent for a project.