Biden signs gun safety bill into law

JAB

Jun 27, 2022, 5:49:46 AM6/27/22
Biden signs gun safety bill into law

The legislation, which passed the House 234-193 Friday night following
Senate approval Thursday, includes incentives for states to pass
so-called red flag laws that allow groups to petition courts to remove
weapons from people deemed a threat to themselves or others.

In addition, the bill expands an existing law that prevents people
convicted of domestic abuse from owning a gun to include dating
partners rather than just spouses and former spouses.

It also expands background checks on people between the ages of 18 and
21 seeking to buy a gun.

The National Rifle Association says it opposes the bill.
There have been at least 281 mass shootings in the U.S in 2022,
according to the Gun Violence Archive. As of June 8, there had been 27
shootings at schools this year, according to Education Week, which has
been tracking school shootings since 2018.

<https://www.npr.org/2022/06/25/1107626030/biden-signs-gun-safety-law>

Retrograde

Jun 29, 2022, 9:47:36 AM6/29/22

> The National Rifle Association says it opposes the bill.

I wonder how these people sleep at night, knowing how they cast their votes.

JAB

Jun 29, 2022, 11:21:48 AM6/29/22
I suspect having a rallying point is their focus to keep the
membership going.

Marketing technique....