US vaccinated by religion

JAB

Sep 15, 2021, 8:46:11 PM9/15/21

Sep 15, 2021, 8:48:25 PM9/15/21

70% Black
66% high school or less
66% under 30 years
63% rural
60% Republicans

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1438143992030498823

Retrograde

Sep 15, 2021, 9:10:32 PM9/15/21
I suppose it makes sense. If you believe there is no afterlife, it's worth
sticking around on earth if you can.

If you believe Jeebus is at the wheel (or whatever) suddenly governments
trying to mandate vaccines feels intrusive.

I am against vaccine mandates. Let people make their own decisions.
However, I am also in favor of schools, businesses etc. deciding for
themselves what their policy for the unvaccinated is.

You have the right to not get vaxed.
I have the right to not let you in my restaurant. And to ask you to prove
your vax status.

This and the other tweet showing percentages by political/ethnic affiliation
are really interesting. Someone told me the Latinos are getting vaccinated
because a lot of them work in restaurants etc. where they are likely to get
sick.

JAB

Sep 15, 2021, 9:44:07 PM9/15/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 01:10:29 -0000 (UTC), Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>I am against vaccine mandates.

When its for the public's best interest, all should get vaxxed, except
those with a medical excuse.

If all citizens were scientifically educated, then opposition would
not exist. Covid will be here for a long time, due to anti-folks, so
get use to getting boosters every year, if you choose.

>Someone told me the Latinos are getting vaccinated because
>a lot of them work in restaurants etc. where they are likely to get
>sick.

In earier Covid days, they were hit harder, with research suggesting a
family member brought Covid home. Most live in smaller homes, so
Covid was afoot in their homes.

May 13, 2021
"The Kaiser Family Foundation Vaccine Monitor poll released Thursday
found that many Hispanics who remain unvaccinated actually want a
shot. In fact, they reported far less vaccine hesitancy than their
white or Black counterparts."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-race-and-ethnicity-immigration-health-government-and-politics-869850c0690e7247579800a862890eb4

Michael Trew

Sep 16, 2021, 1:08:28 PM9/16/21
On 9/15/2021 9:10 PM, Retrograde wrote:
> I am against vaccine mandates. Let people make their own decisions.
> However, I am also in favor of schools, businesses etc. deciding for
> themselves what their policy for the unvaccinated is.
>
> You have the right to not get vaxed.
> I have the right to not let you in my restaurant. And to ask you to prove
> your vax status.

Thank you, I agree. Pushing a national mandate will only further divide
people, as is proposed in this mandate for "businesses with over 100
employees".

JAB

Sep 16, 2021, 8:29:45 PM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:08:30 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

> Pushing a national mandate will only further divide
>people

Those without a lick of common sense are affecting the economy,
causing other people's hospitalizations, and increasing medical
insurance cost for all.

One must ask what is in the best interest of the nation. Supporting
this group's behavior as the GOP has, or mandating vaccines? Which
way is the responsible way to act?

> further divide people

California voters recently voted in the best interest of their state,
btw.

Sep 12, 2021

Gavin Newsom @GavinNewsom

TWO DAYS, California.

TWO DAYS to show the rest of the nation that we stand for:

vaccines
climate science
women’s rights
immigrant rights
reproductive rights
the minimum wage
commonsense gun safety laws

It's ALL on the ballot. VOTE NO.

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1437272418733543431

Michael Trew

Sep 16, 2021, 10:32:52 PM9/16/21
On 9/16/2021 8:29 PM, JAB wrote:
> Those without a lick of common sense are affecting the economy,
> causing other people's hospitalizations, and increasing medical
> insurance cost for all.
>
> One must ask what is in the best interest of the nation. Supporting
> this group's behavior as the GOP has, or mandating vaccines? Which
> way is the responsible way to act?

I hear what you are saying, but my hang up still remains, that when
these type of things can be mandated, that just opens the door for more,
and more -- loss of individual freedom, of course. These "mandates" are
teetering on the fine line of communism (or fascism).

JAB

Sep 16, 2021, 11:17:16 PM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:32:53 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

>that when
>these type of things can be mandated,

So many things are mandated in our lives; lots of laws.

Traffic laws, Pulblic Health regulations, permits to do this/that...

Mandated for public health....compare Vietnam to Florida; is saving
lives less important than "my body, my choice"?

Florida Covid Deaths: 50,811 in less than two years

Vietnam Military Deaths: 58,281 in about twenty years

1 November 1955 to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975

Michael Trew

Sep 19, 2021, 10:30:07 AM9/19/21
On 9/16/2021 11:17 PM, JAB wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:32:53 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> that when
>> these type of things can be mandated,
>
> So many things are mandated in our lives; lots of laws.
>
> Traffic laws, Pulblic Health regulations, permits to do this/that...

Yes, and this list keeps growing and growing. It's absurd how long it
is already. I can't get behind removing more freedoms. Smaller
government; period.

JAB

Sep 19, 2021, 12:10:15 PM9/19/21
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 10:30:06 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

> I can't get behind removing more freedoms. Smaller
>government; period.

Research which party are the biggest control freaks, and pass laws to
"regulate" YOU.

Michael Trew

Sep 22, 2021, 10:46:54 PM9/22/21
I wish that the US would take third party candidates seriously. I'd
vote libertarian if it weren't basically throwing a vote away.

JAB

Sep 22, 2021, 11:17:41 PM9/22/21
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

> loss of individual freedom, of course.

But, do you see Republicans repealing seat belt laws?

At federal congressional level, eliminating air bags?

This freedom talk is an illusion...go to work, and pay your
taxes...got it?