RIP: Ronnie Spector,

JAB

Jan 12, 2022, 9:07:22 PM1/12/22
Ronnie Spector, lead singer of The Ronettes, dead at 78
CNN

Alan Ralph

Jan 13, 2022, 5:44:06 AM1/13/22
On 2022-01-13 at 2:07:23 am GMT, "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Ronnie Spector, lead singer of The Ronettes, dead at 78
> CNN

The Guardian have an article up today about her life:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/12/ronnie-spector-pop-singer-who-fronted-the-ronettes-dies-aged-78
the parts on her life with Phil Spector made me cringe.

JAB

Jan 13, 2022, 8:35:10 AM1/13/22
On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:44:04 -0000 (UTC), Alan Ralph
<use...@alanralph.co.uk> wrote:

>her life with Phil Spector made me cringe

"Spector became considered the first auteur of the music industry for
the unprecedented control he had over every phase of the recording
process." Wiki

Controll freak....somewhat analogous to Donald Trump....but he had
delusional thinking/behavior.

>In April 1949, Spector's father committed suicide

No further details here, but maybe a genetic issue here....

Phil was involved with music in his teen age years, and may have
focused more upon music than in schooling. So, he had a limited
perspective of life...just focused upon money/fame/etc.

Michael Trew

Jan 13, 2022, 2:17:04 PM1/13/22
On 1/12/2022 21:07, JAB wrote:
> Ronnie Spector, lead singer of The Ronettes, dead at 78
> CNN

Seems that both her and one of her cousins who also front lined
(Estelle) died of cancer. One was listed as colon cancer. Hopefully
Nedra (surviving) is screened regularly.